Fire may still spread but not in that screenshot.

I certainly hope so. It likely does, considering the gasoline mechanics they added.

Fire may still spread but not in that screenshot.

I certainly hope so. It likely does, considering the gasoline mechanics they added.

When did they mention gasoline mechanics? Anyone have the quote?

The Game Informer preview mentioned Trevor pouring gasoline on a truck and setting it on fire, but I don't remember if the wording made it clear whether he can do that whenever, or if it was a cutscene.

They just didn't have the big GTA buffs in the studio at the time because Greg Miller And Colin were at PAX East.

yea, those guys weren't worth listening to at all in that pic video... i cringed when he said there wasn't swimming in san andreas... and they spent more time trying to crack stupid jokes at each other instead of taking the time to look over the images...

colin and greg are all business and a little humor... these guys have no business and were going for all humor...

I like how the taillights leave a motion blur when they're not even on. :rolleyes:

When did they mention gasoline mechanics? Anyone have the quote?

Absolutely. Sounds like we can use them outside of cutscenes, but I'm not sure.

Time to wreak some senseless havoc. With Trevor, the demo playtester nonchalantly grabs a can of gasoline sitting along the wall of the building, douses all sides of a parked truck, and pours a trail away from the vehicle. He revels in the reflective qualities of the gasoline for a brief moment, drops his lit Zippo, and steps back to admire his handiwork. The flame travels violently toward the truck, first setting the tires on fire, then the chassis, and finally reaching the gas tank after a slow burn to cause a huge explosion. Just another day in the life of a drugged-out psychopath.

Sounds great. GODFATHER linked an article a while back that said the trailer was 100% gameplay (even the scenes that would normally be a cutscene.

I'm not sure about how credible the source was though...

They just didn't have the big GTA buffs in the studio at the time because Greg Miller And Colin were at PAX East.

yea, those guys weren't worth listening to at all in that pic video... i cringed when he said there wasn't swimming in san andreas... and they spent more time trying to crack stupid jokes at each other instead of taking the time to look over the images...

colin and greg are all business and a little humor... these guys have no business and were going for all humor...

there was swimming in san andres i swam a few times when my car flew into the water by the big mountain

Sounds great. GODFATHER linked an article a while back that said the trailer was 100% gameplay (even the scenes that would normally be a cutscene.

Some people confuse gameplay with in-game footage. It's all in-game but not everything is gameplay (Rockstar dev controlling someone).

In regards to lightning, we saw strikes in RDR and Undead Nightmare, although they looked nowhere near as nice as in this screen...

San Diego would be great, but I'd be perfectly happy with just LS and the towns. I loved the rural wooded/desert areas in San Andreas. There was always something interesting to come upon, and there was an eerieness to it that I really liked (especially driving around with the country station on -- I hope they bring that back, and I'm sure they will). I think Trevor's area will be hilarious (i.e. the staggering drunk guy in trailer 2). With those areas combined with the sprawl and diversity of LS, I don't think we'll be bored by the map at all.

Oh, and don't forget the seafloor.

Yeah when it was rainy/foggy in Shady Creeks or the Panopticon area, I loved to go off-roading and hope I saw something creepy. Cruising in a tiny submersible through dark caves will bring that to a whole new level.

Some people confuse gameplay with in-game footage. It's all in-game but not everything is gameplay (Rockstar dev controlling someone).

Oh, they said in-game footage. I guess that's still cool.

Franky is once again wearing a bandana over his face while he's using a "tear shit up" type of gun. I'm starting to believe that's more than just a regular clothing accessory, but an identity hider, the way it worked for John Marston in Read Dead Redemption. So, that might hint at an 'Honor' system in GTA V, and to shake the cops faster. Which makes a lot of sense, because you can see how heavy the police presence has been in every single batch of screens they've released.

Good point, Dymez. He can be seen wearing it here, too:

gwlql.jpg

I've also noticed alot of the guns we have seen have dark green on them. The AK's from the trailer, The gatling gun, and this shotgun....

• Like 2

But why? Even Trevor's Desert Eagle seems to have a tinge of green:

G0O83.jpg

Off-topic, but I noticed that Trevor's thumb in my avatar is in the same position, but at a different angle than this screenshot:

JIIwx.jpg

Also appears to have a different degree of lighting than my avatar's shot. Why?

Maybe he just likes cocking a thumb backwards in front of parked helicopters. Who knows...

I have a feeling that's gonna be the color scheme for most of the long arm weapons. Not sure how I feel about that....

But why? Even Trevor's Desert Eagle seems to have a tinge of green:

G0O83.jpg

Off-topic, but I noticed that Trevor's thumb in my avatar is in the same position, but at a different angle than this screenshot:

JIIwx.jpg

Also appears to have a different degree of lighting than my avatar's shot. Why?

Maybe he just likes cocking a thumb backwards in front of parked helicopters. Who knows...

Well, your avatar is from a screenshot, while the other image is taken from the second trailer. It's like the shots of Trevor climbing the letters of the Vinewood sign, or the helicopter screenshots - same action, different time and angles.

lol i dun pay attention to nuttin'

Well, your avatar is from a screenshot, while the other image is taken from the second trailer. It's like the shots of Trevor climbing the letters of the Vinewood sign, or the helicopter screenshots - same action, different time and angles.

Thanks, Mr. Peabody. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

To anyone complaining about the tail lights and speed blur on the one vehicle the same thing happened in IV if you went fast enough.