Sign in to follow this  
ConQueSteD

Take-Two files complaint with WIPO

Grand Theft Auto parent publisher Take-Two Interactive is going after Grand Theft Auto V scammers. As spotted by Fusible, the publisher has filed complaints with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) over two sites claiming to have beta keys for the upcoming open-world action game.

Take-Two filed the new complaints this week over www.gta5betacode.com and www.grandtheftauto5beta.com. Neither site resolves to anything at present, though Fusible reports that the former was a fully functional website, with a Facebook page and a YouTube account.

The site reportedly instructed users to share the scam with their Facebook friends to receive a beta code for GTAV. The site's Facebook page has over 1,300 likes as of this writing. The site itself was created in January and is registered to a person in Pennsylvania.

GTAV is not the only high-profile upcoming game to attract scammers. A website claiming to have beta keys for the unannounced (but rumored) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 emerged earlier this year, followed by a fraudulent teaser website for the game last week.

Source: GameSpot

• Like 1

Ive contacted my lawyers and they say as long as i keep paying them, this is proteced under first amendment...

So, we will see. Anyway, by beta i mean correlation. Namely the correlation between how gullable the "OMGuGUIS GTA5 RELESE DAET ON rusgame.net!!! IS UTE OFFICIALS?" idiot gamers are, and my wallet size.

They are directly correlated.

Gullible idiots deserve to pay, im making sure they do. And its protected by the first amendment, and beta means correlation, not free game.

Nqp.

• Like 1

Gullible idiots deserve to pay, im making sure they do. And its protected by the first amendment, and beta means correlation, not free game.

Nqp.

Just by that logical alone you've justified EA Games.

• Like 2

Nqp.

Just by that logical alone you've justified EA Games.

haha perfect you made my day swoony.

I'm glad take two is finally taking action on these scammers.

But again, how can people be so gullible?

Anyway, this suspicious activity is leading the Batorian part of my mind to believe they've got a lil' sumfing planned.

• Like 1

Oh, I am. Don't you worry. But they've never done this before. I'm sure there were false beta sites for IV. Why didn't they take action with those? I realize it's stupid to think what I'm thinking, but I can't help it.

i get spammed everyday by some stupid "design video games" link on facebook disguising itself under a video game name, acting like it's an official website link... i can't get rid of it, and every time i report it, it becomes a new game... in the side bar, there's links for singles dating sites because they know i am single...

the problem is the ignorance of the younger generation with the internet that leads to clicking on these obvious fake links... it's like trying to tell your grandma that it isn't a link for the movie titanic, it's for thigh-tanic... take-two trying to crack down on the issue isn't an issue to me... it's hard to fix stupid, at least someone is trying to help...

Fusible reports that the former was a fully functional website, with a Facebook page and a YouTube account...

that quote right there should explain everything... wow, a website, facebook, AND youtube account?! sounds legit to me... derp de derp!!

Fusible reports that the former was a fully functional website, with a Facebook page and a YouTube account...

that quote right there should explain everything... wow, a website, facebook, AND youtube account?! sounds legit to me... derp de derp!!

All they need now is a twitter and tumblr

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this