Jizzy

Stand Up Comedy

What are your favorite performances/bits in stand up comedy?

I'd have to say this is my favorite show. Richard Pryor always makes me roll on the floor laughing.

cynical comedians like George Carlin and Louis C.K are better, but they are more true and real, but this makes me die rolling on the floor laughing every time I see it, ever. I've watched it countless times but I can still hurt myself watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwwoMAleoMI

Living:

Louis C.K.

Daniel Tosh

Anthony Jeselnik (though I like him less now that he has a meh show)

Brian Posehn (very pleased he's co-writing the Deadpool comic)

Kyle Kinane

Doug Benson

Dead:

George Carlin

Mitch Hedberg

'Living' list is much, much longer, because I watch fucktons of standup, but I kept it short.

Bill Hicks will always be a personal favorite. With that in mind, fuck Denis Leary.

Maria Bamford is fucking funny.

Nina Conti, hot and the only ventriloquist that's made me laugh since I was 6.

Mad TV's Bobby Lee does a great live show.

Jim Jefferies is a new favorite, that filthy Aussie.

If you haven't watched "The Aristocrats," do it now!

• Like 1

Early Eddie Murphy (before he got too "big") is a favourite, and Richard Pryor as Jizzin said

There are heaps I have seen and liked but can't remember who they are - I like watching the highlights from the Just For Laughs festival in Montreal.

I quite like Bob Saget (as seen in The Aristocrats) as a stand up, just because of the contrast from his "normal" TV persona.

A lot of British guys have their moments - Jimeoin, Danny Bhoy, Michael McIntyre to name a few

We also have quite a strong stand-up scene in NZ now too.....

Denis Leary (yes I know he's a joke stealing fuck face)

Okay, fine. I'll admit, the dude is funny. I'll watch him over Mencia any day of the week. "No Cure For Cancer" was my favorite comedy album growing up, and it truly broke my heart, when I found out that most of that material was stolen from a recently dead Bill Hicks.

On second thought, I'd go see Carlos Mencia live if he was fighting Denis Leary to the death.

7 Days is one of the main reasons I miss living in NZ. Best comedy show ever.

I've seen Ben Hurley and Steve Wrigley a heap live and Jeremy Elwood is pretty awesome

7 Days is one of the main reasons I miss living in NZ. Best comedy show ever.

I've seen Ben Hurley and Steve Wrigley a heap live and Jeremy Elwood is pretty awesome

I agree - Dai Henwood can be a bit of a dick but he was funny when I saw him live too....

Bill Burr, George Carlin, and Richard Pryor. Also, Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock. George Carlin is very near the top of the list, because he makes me think. He's more of a philosopher than a comedian, IMO. Also, Bill Burr because he's the comic of the everyman. Even if you're a black dwarf with a Mexican mother and an Asian father, you're able to relate to him.

My favourite comedy personality(not exactly stand up but meh) has to be Mark Lamarr from the old "Buzzcocks".

I absolutely adored his wit and brutal quiz hosting. Take no prisoners!

I'm about to watch Bill Bailey's part troll show.

My favourite piece of stand-up from a British comedian.

Highly enjoyable. Recommended.

He sings too!

• Like 1

Louis C.K. is the best current comedic writer. He never ceases to have me laughing out loud.

You end up hating Kevin Hart when you go to a high school that is 80% black and you hear people talking about him or doing shitty impressions of him LITERALLY every day.

I'm in a pretty much all white high school and I hear dumbass kids doing impressions of him like they're cool.

My favorite comedians:

Louis C.K.

Early Eddie Murphy

Jim Gaffigan

Dave Chappelle

George Carlin

That's just to keep it short. I could go on.

I was content to ignore Kevin Hart, despite him taking up valuable airtime on Comedy Central that could be going to funny comedians, but his new standup set being released in theaters is fucking sickening. I don't know what happened, but with Tyler Perry, and now Kevin Hart, it seems black people can't help but make untalented morons a thousand times more famous than they ever should've been.

Kevin Hart should've gotten booed out of an open mic night 15 years ago and put a bullet in his head immediately after.

• Like 2