evan466

Destiny

Out of curiosity, has anyone pre-chosen a class? I'll probably have one of each class eventually, but after Alpha and Beta tests, I decided that I like the Hunter and Warlock classes, the most. I think I'll be a Hunter, just because I got so used to being able to do that moon jumps everywhere... And I like the hoods you can get.

Despite the names, it's basically the traditional trinity of Warrior, Mage, and Rogue, right? I mean, they all use guns, but I assume they have special abilities that fit these class roles.

Hunter.

Yeah pretty much.

Titan does the tanking (strong armour),

Hunter does the ranged and agile kills (throwing knives etc),

Warlock does the support and high DPS moves (Low health, but strong elemental damage).

I went hunter...

I then promptly bought Titan armor..

Why did the game let me buy armor I have no use for >_<

Also, navigation along menus in this game is pretty clunky, though I'll blame part of that on getting used to the lack of start and select buttons

Ps4 controller feels nice overall but nothing beats the 360 controller in terms of comfort

loading screens are worse than gta vice city....

it's getting funner though. you have to set your "team" to public everytime otherwise only friends can play with you

What are people's initial thoughts on Destiny? I've held back for now but a couple of people at work are raving about it.

Just a bit wary as the game has been hyped to hell and a couple of other games that were also excessively hyped (Watchdogs and the Last of Us Remastered) didn't quite live up to my expectations.

Reviews on Amazon aren't exactly glowing either: http://www.amazon.co.uk/ACTIVISION-Destiny-PS4/product-reviews/B00BF6D52S/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

So far, i'm enjoying it quite a bit, with friends. But i am a little dipleased with some aspects of the game.

Loading each mission and the tower takes just forever, and really takes the flow of the game away. At least you can still chat whilst you wait I guess.

And the freeroam, so far doesn't really feel as free as they made it sound. The maps are big, but just not MMO big, imo.

And for some reason, the level cap is a very low 20... I heard that there is loads of end-game style mob/boss raids and activities to do once you hit 20, but i can't see if that will be something i'm going to end up playing for along time. Something tells me they will raise the caps when dlc is released throughout the year.

But other than that, the gameplay elements are fun, solid, and challenging on harder settings. Playing with friends is the best way to play imo.

Also been listening to 'Hope for the Future' by Paul McCartney which is featured on the end credits (I was gobsmacked when I found out he's composed the music for the game) and I have to say I think its brilliant.

they made it difficult to play with "randoms" online. You have to manually change your settings to allow people to play with you, every time you launch the game, and since the menus are clunky and there is no documentation on this, its rare that you'll find players to play with.. as if you both walk into a "mission area" together, they'll fade out of your game.

Also there is no area chat. i hate chat anyway, but it also makes telling people what to do impossible.

its kinda like without the strong story. Its like a beta of a AAA game. It has potential.

I'd say yes because it's a decent game overall. But if you're expecting a really strong single player story, then fo'get 'bout it. The story is a bit vague, but the game focuses more on the multiplayer gameplay at its core. You can play alone or with randoms though, or go into the crucible for PVP game modes.

• Like 1

But you can dance, sit, and point with D-pad commands. You can't even do that in GTA!

its pretty annoying when you point and no one does anything. also all the notifications about two people you dont know dancing.

pfft.