DuPz0r

Indie & Smartphone Games

XzUV4YI.png

Didn't see anything that fits these descriptions, so i thought i'd make a thread and put them together. It's easier than making individual threads for games that, lets face, not all of us are going to play, but would like to share with everyone else anyway... You never know, you may find a diamond in the rough.

If you find an indie game or iOS/Android/whatever that looks interesting to you, and doesn't deserve it's own thread (i.e. not GTA Vice City, minecraft etc) then post it, simple.

I'll start.

Just seen this trailer/pitch, for a simple 8bit looking smartphone game called RIOT. It looks pretty fun for what it is, and is being developed for iOS/Android, PC/Mac. I think it's really early in development, but it's definitely one to watch imo.

Remember, not just smartphone games, indie games on any format.

Post as you please.

Proteus - Available on Steam.

proteus_020413_1600.jpg

Although i'm not entirely sure what this game is about, the pixelated environments do look pretty.

GunSlugs:

Looks like a fun little phone game. Platform games still have a heavy impact on today's gaming world if done correctly, Mario is an ever-present reminder of that. Gunslugs seems to capture what's god abut platformers - shooting and having fun!

Teleglitch:

looks like a gritty little rogue space game, with puzzles and shooting and aliens!

Why do so many indie games look pixely? I understand indie pretty much means 'neo-retro', but not all indie games are pixely, just a lot of them follow suit. It's become a pixel genre, where-as it used to be a non-defined group of random low budget games.

Don't Starve

Don’t Starve is an uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic.

You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.

Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.

This game looks great, I really want to get it!

iDragPaper, Best Time: 6.81 seconds

I'm particularly pround of my iDragPaper time, tell me if you beat either. Visual proof required.

If you're gonna ask for visual poof, you'd best stand by your word...

Rad Raygun:

Looks like a megaman 80's nostalgia trip. Looks like fun. Only out on Xbox live though.

I think it was posted here somewhere before. But i'll add it to this anyway;

Real World Racing

This game looks so simple, yet really fun. Racing on Google maps, it looks like a real-time view of a race. All they need now is a police chase mode, with traffic to make some awesome home made 'Worlds wildest police chases'!

Here's a couple of smartphone games i do own, which i find very addictive:

Osmos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U67Wrg0W-eE

This game is woderfully chilled out, and is great to play at home, on the train/bus or anywhere really, but preferably with headphones. The music is tranquil, and really helps immerse you into the cell like galaxy universe that is Osmos. It's a cheap game, with loads of challenging levels. It'd been out for over 2 years now, surprisingly I've only just found it. I highly recommend it.

Plague Inc

Highly addictive apocalyptic bio-strategy game. You start with a single viral strain or plague of your choice, and you get to evolve it and fight to wipe out humanity. As they fight back with medicines and ways to destroy it, you play god and find ways around them, to take back the world. Very addictive, and is also available as a demo if you're not sure you would like it or not. Try the demo!

My Indie game collection is limited to Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Garry's Mod and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Not really a fan of casual gaming, though there seems to be a few good core indie games appearing on steam lately. I rarely play games on my Android phone, I tend to just use it to check the time more than anything else.

I somehow ended up with a Windows Phone. But I am an achievement hunter. So whenever there's a free game, i grind it. The only mobile games i've ever paid for is Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds

I somehow ended up with a Windows Phone. But I am an achievement hunter. So whenever there's a free game, i grind it. The only mobile games i've ever paid for is Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds

Shame, those games are hardly worth mentioning.

Real Racing 3 is an pretty impressive smartphone & tablet game. Feels a bit like Gran Turismo or Forza, but on my phone. Insane! Graphics are well polished too... And its free to play.

real-racing-3_review_screenshot01.jpgreal_racing_3_2.jpg

Thought i'd revive this thread, it's going to keep being bumped eventually anyway, considering Indie support on PS4 and XbOne

Echo of the Wilds - A pixel wilderness survival game.

Bliss (Project Bliss) - A colourful exploration game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_4afyU-o-o

Spelunky - A limerick platformer. Steam/Vita/PS4.

One to watch:

Temorus - A Time Travelling Space Platformer.

N4KFizM.png

Can't stand Fez, I think it's a gimmicky game that gets boring after ten minutes and the creator is an absolute dick [The "French Canadians are just blunt people" shit doesn't fly with me, he is purposefully a very offensive person.] as well so there's that. Braid is an example of a gimmicky game that doesn't get boring and I don't really know why since its essentially the same as Pez, a gimmicky and many puzzles based around it. The creator is an absolute dick also.

New Rollercoaster tycoon appears to be on the way for PC and Phones, both are independant of one another but the phone version looks set up to be a pay to win cow clicker. Will probably buy the PC version first day since I put hours upon hours into the first game and it's expansion "loopy landscapes" but have never played a game in the rest of the trilogy.

Woah dude. You really have issues with the developer. xD Indie games are developed with one thing in mind: Make a game i would really like, make a piece of art that represents who I am, and my experiences.

I just love the colourful pixels and 8bit music. It's a nice relaxing stroll through a pixely world, which I enjoy. I get it, and understand it's personal.

maxresdefault.jpg

We saw No Man's Sky first at E3, but it never got a thread because of the lack of information about it. So i'll dump it here.

We learnt that No Man's Sky is a procedural Universe with beautiful and colourful art style, along with a trailer to explain how it works.

And recently, Hello Games stated that multiplayer works in a way where you won't just join your friends. You will be given your own unique starting planet as does everyone that plays. And you will be reaching out, mapping the infinite universe. Meeting people will not be something you cone across regularly. It would be very difficult to track down your friends...

To me that sounds crazy but also pioneering in terms of a sandbox universe.