I don't know why everyone is complaining about Kinect 2.0, I thought it was the ONLY good thing about XboxOne. Everything else XboxOne has, PS4 just does better. I wouldn't mind a PS4 that came with Kinect 2.0, I would pay the XboxOne price for that. But that's just me.

Have you ever actually use the kinect? First of all, motion recognition is spotty at best. Also the voice control is harder to use than just pressing buttons on the controller, and I can't use the chat function because I have a large tv and a nice sound system so the center Channel feeds back into other people's sound..

The kinect is good for when you have parties and want something to pass the time, but it's not worth 100 dollars to me.

Can't you just turn the Kinect around when you're not using it? If Kinect is anything more than basically a motion sensing device and webcam and video is saved to servers somewhere it should be banned worldwide.

It has face recognition software to make sure the game is licensed to you.....

There are many other means of ensuring games are licensed without resorting to invasion of privacy.

it uses voice recognition too, so even if you had the camera pointing the wrong direction it would still turn on if you said, "xbox on"... i am totally gonna fuck with people when i go their house and see they have one... just at random moments i am gonna yell, "xbox on" or shout "xbox go home" and "xbox tv" when they're playing games :lol:...

xbox one, the ultimate trolling system...

it uses voice recognition too, so even if you had the camera pointing the wrong direction it would still turn on if you said, "xbox on"... i am totally gonna fuck with people when i go their house and see they have one... just at random moments i am gonna yell, "xbox on" or shout "xbox go home" and "xbox tv" when they're playing games :lol:...

xbox one, the ultimate trolling system...

What is Microsoft going to do about other player's mics when playing multiplayer. Some random idiot ( legend ) on Live could just yell Xbox Off into his mic, and everyone in the lobby get's their console turned off...

It has face recognition software to make sure the game is licensed to you.....

Point to a frame with your photo.

Lend photo to friends.

Boom, i deed it.

• Like 1

Does it detect how many people are watching a movie? Like if someone is watching one alone then another person walks in, does it pause the movie until that person leaves or they pay for it?

wait until it is out. i am sure things will be changing, like they have already. i wouldn't worry about it too much as it is still a few months away. A LOT can happen in a few months.

The Xbox One no longer requires a Kinect in order to function. ~ http://www.ign.com/a...ect-to-function

Yet Microsoft is still making it a mandatory purchase, by not having an alternative X1 bundle which doesn't include a Kinect 2.0

My opinion of the Kinect is that it's a gimmicky piece of over-priced crap that is not needed. It won't improve the way we play games, and it isn't really needed when controlling the console interface ( because pushing a button on a controller is a lot faster and easier/ and it doesn't have you talking to the TV like a bloody moron ).

And don't get me started on the spyware side of it, after the PRISM scandal and Microsoft's involvement, as well as their new Data Collection Centre. I want nothing to do with this Kinect Crap, or it secretly uploading information ( video & audio ) and storing it on Microsoft's servers just waiting for the NSA or whoever to use a back door and gain access to the information. Yet they still force this crap down your throat if you want to buy an Xbox One.

I think I'll be sticking with my PS3, PS4 and PC for this generation of gaming...

• Like 1

My opinion of the Kinect is that it's a gimmicky piece of over-priced crap that is not needed. It won't improve the way we play games, and it isn't really needed when controlling the console interface ( because pushing a button on a controller is a lot faster and easier/ and it doesn't have you talking to the TV like a bloody moron ).

This, plus Move, Wii, and Wii-U.

• Like 1