We at Xbox love games. More importantly, we at Xbox love gamers. Today we announced changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, loan and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Also, an internet connection won’t be required to play offline Xbox One games. We look forward to gaming with you for years to come.

So this was the statement that I read. Seems like they're doing it the Xbox 360 way.

I suppose like you guys are saying, it seems a little weak on their behalf. Even without all those things, I'm still going for the PS4. Hopefully they've learnt their lesson.

O.K I think Sony deserves a big thankyou from gamers everywhere, for forcing M$ too change their policy regarding DRM and selling used games.

If it wasn't for their hard-line and committed stance to not screw gamers over with this shit. Microsoft would of been able to get away with it and release the X1 with all the restrictions they like. This is a positive reversal from M$, and will benefit all gamers no matter what system they decide too play on...

Even with this good news, I will not be buying the X1 due too it still requiring the government surveillance device, otherwise known as the Kinect 2.0.

Even if it is true, it's $100 more, still comes with the mandatory kinect, and has slightly worse specs.

This is my exact thoughts. It's why I'm getting the PS4 still. Also, Sony is teaming up with Gaikai which will apparently have older PS games in their library to be able to play on PS4.

Damn. Having discs fully installed on the hard drive was actually an interesting feature. Why can't they (and Sony) give the option of installing the game to the hard drive and not being able to swap/trade in while it's on there (would require one-off internet checks), and running from the disc, and being able to swap whenever. No, that would make too much sense. I can't wait to see what acrobatic backflipping display cirque du microsoft come up with next.

I'm just saying, whether you want it or not, the console isn't any cheaper; you're paying for what you get. And on the topic of the government spying on you (really guys?), now that always-on isn't a thing anymore, there's nothing stopping you from just unplugging the Kinect when you're not playing so, even if the government wanted to watch you have sex on your couch, you can turn it off.

You guys do realize that the PS Eye or whatever it's called isn't included and is an extra $60 right? That means, for the same gadgetry, the PS4 is only $40 cheaper, not $100.

If i cared.

Actually, i dont think you can unplug it.

I'm just saying, whether you want it or not, the console isn't any cheaper; you're paying for what you get.

Using your own math, it would still be $40 cheaper

:huh:

And on the topic of the government spying on you (really guys?)

Have you not seen the recent mess of fuckery the NSA has done? Don't rule anything out.

On topic, I have no intention of using Move, or anything else the PS Eye might be needed for. I'm good.

Yes I am aware of the NSA's recent fuckery. But you can unplug it when you're not using it since the console no longer checks in every 24 hours. What I said about the price still stands. The PS4 is $400 without the PS Eye and the XB1 would be about the same price without Kinect. You're paying for extra hardware. I'm going to play SimCity now and will leave this thread alone (forever) since you all turn into whiny children as soon as the word "console" is mentioned.

Yes I am aware of the NSA's recent fuckery. But you can unplug it when you're not using it since the console no longer checks in every 24 hours.

The Xbox One still requires the Kinect 2.0 to be turned on in order for the console to function. That means it is recording video and audio whenever you are playing Games, using Apps, watching Movies or watching TV.

Also most people play games while connected to the internet, so along with game patches or system updates the information recorded could still be uploaded to Microsoft's servers. Which could then be accessed at any time by the US government using another system like PRISM, which gives them a back door entrance too any information they want about a particular person or group. This information could also be shared with other government agencies that are close too the US, like say Australia's ASIO ( Our CIA ).

So no thanks, I don't need the government spying on me. I think I will be sticking with a PS4, minus the PlayStation Eye bullshit. So there you go still $100 cheaper...

You guys do realize that the PS Eye or whatever it's called isn't included and is an extra $60 right? That means, for the same gadgetry, the PS4 is only $40 cheaper, not $100.

You can't 'unplug' the kinect, it has to be on for the Xbox to work. And no one really wants the PS Eye anyway, just like no one wants the kinect, but it's inbuilt so they have to buy it. It's just like adding loads of useless features that nobody wants, that jack up the price.

I don't know why everyone is complaining about Kinect 2.0, I thought it was the ONLY good thing about XboxOne. Everything else XboxOne has, PS4 just does better. I wouldn't mind a PS4 that came with Kinect 2.0, I would pay the XboxOne price for that. But that's just me.

Kinect is such a gimmick. Most gamers don't want motion controlled games, if we did we'd just play sports in real life. I play games to relax, not to exercise. On the other hand, it is probably useful for 250lbs 10 year olds. The Kinect is aimed more for kids and families, probably due to the massive success of the Wii which sold like 100 million units. It's a good money making scheme, but it's not really what the main Xbox customer base asked for.

I like the gimmick, as long as they don't try to force me to use that shit. I like the idea of being able to talk to my console to get it to do shit, probably won't work but to hell with it. We need something new.

What's my one rule? New is always good.

I like the gimmick, as long as they don't try to force me to use that shit. I like the idea of being able to talk to my console to get it to do shit, probably won't work but to hell with it. We need something new.

What's my one rule? New is always good.

Microsoft should of focused on making a more powerful system with better specs. So that the games made on the system would have better graphics, better gameplay ( motion controls cannot deliver a more seamless experience than a proper controller can ), bigger and better realised worlds, and new ideas for the way games can be played ( and which aren't just gimmicks to sell systems to retarded casuals/ like Nintendo did for the Wii with Motion Controls ).

And really who wants to sit in their living room and talk to their TV like an idiot ( and looking like a Nutcase ), when it's much easier to just press a couple of buttons...

when it comes down to it, the games that are on both consoles are going to run the exact same on each console, just like tey did this generation with maybe the tiniest difference.

The PS4 is obviously more powerful judging by comparisons of both systems specs. Which means that all Exclusives for the PS4 should look better than the X1's Exclusives.

And if you go by cross-platform games, the PS4 will be held back by the Xbox One. Unless of course there are advanced graphics settings for games this generation ( like there already is for PC games right now ), this would let the PS4 add extra visual effects to a game like; better HDR ( light bloom ), distortion effects, more advanced texture filtering/ quality, better particle effects, better shader models, better shadows, tessellation etc. Hopefully with more advanced settings options like these, cross-platform games will not be held back graphically by the X1.

But this could end up being expensive, and most Developers might not bother incurring extra costs just too please PS4 gamers. So therefore if everything is equal the game will be made to the standards of the more sub-par console ( I.E. The Xbox One ), limiting the potential of cross-platform games on the PS4...

when it comes down to it, the games that are on both consoles are going to run the exact same on each console, just like tey did this generation with maybe the tiniest difference.

The PS4 is obviously more powerful judging by comparisons of both systems specs. Which means that all Exclusives for the PS4 should look better than the X1's Exclusives.

And if you go by cross-platform games, the PS4 will be held back by the Xbox One. Unless of course there are advanced graphics settings for games this generation ( like there already is for PC games right now ), this would let the PS4 add extra visual effects to the game like; better HDR ( light bloom ), distortion effects, more advanced texture filtering/ quality, better particle effects, better shader models, better shadows, tessellation etc. Hopefully with more advanced settings options like these, cross-platform games will not be held back graphically by the X1.

But this could end up being expensive, and most Developers might not bother incurring extra costs just too please PS4 gamers. So therefore if everything is equal the game will be made to the standards of the more sub-par console ( I.E. The Xbox One ), limiting the potential of cross-platform games on the PS4...

Hopefully, since PS4 is more developer-friendly than its predecessor, PS4 won't be getting crappy Xbox ports. I think there will be marked differences between the consoles in terms of graphics on cross-platform games. Exclusives will obviously look much better though!

• Like 1

When I bought my new TV and turned on my PS3 after the longest time I noticed a graphical difference, which was better. Although it was slight, I could notice it over my 360. Even though it may have looked better, I still enjoy my 360 over my PS3 both for it's online aspects and software, despite using my PS3 for two years before getting my Xbox. I'm not going to buy a console right when it comes out just because I don't really have to. I'll wait for the reviews and what not. Instead of jumping on the bandwagon and arguing about two consoles that the majority of people haven't even seen with their own eyes yet. Specs can be one thing, experience is an entirely different thing.

Authorities in Germany have already begun questioning Microsoft as it has concerns with the Kinect as being a monitoring device. A new privacy bill has also been proposed called the "We Are Watching You Act," created by Congressmen Michael Cupuano (D-MA) and Walter Jones (R-NC) could also change the way the Kinect may be used with Xbox one.

Lastly, if Microsoft receives such a negative response to the Kinect as they did with DRM and used games, it's as simple as a software update to fix it.

I like the gimmick, as long as they don't try to force me to use that shit.

But aren't they basically forcing you to use it by integrating it in the base Xbox One?