MS sent you a preemptive response, proud american.

Here are some of my favorite excerpts:

I think it's fair to say there's a segment of consumers at this show in particular who really pay attention, who are very passionate about all aspects of gaming, and that we listen to closely. In a broader set of community, people don't pay attention to a lot of the details. We've seen it in the research, we've seen it in a lot of the data points
(CNN) -- "This is a big change, consumers don't always love change, and there's a lot of education we have to provide to make sure that people understand."

YOU GONNA GIT SCHOOLED SON!!!!111!!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/12/tech/gaming-gadgets/microsoft-defends-xbox-one/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

I love how Geoff doesn't even try to hide his disdain for the guy.

I need to check Twitter and see if Sessler has gotten on his literal soapbox to rant about this yet. I assume he still does Sessler's Soapbox, at least.

*DING DING DING*

The all out war for the future consoles is about to being. In the blue corner, offering no used game limitations and no internet required, coming in $399 USD. Playstation 4.

And in the Green corner, forcing people to buy new games and use internet, coming in at $499 USD. It‘s Xbox One.

Let the fight commence!

*minutes later*

WHATS THIS? Nintendo has just come onstage, he‘s got a Baseball bat, he‘s delivering it straight into the groin of Microsoft!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/4426338/nintendo-if-youre-worried-about-used-game-sales-make-better-games

• Like 2

There is no argument anymore. Ginginho's letter summed everything up. Let's just lock this topic, there's no point in arguing superiority anymore.

I wonder how many sales they anticipated - I doubt they expected the whole internet to hate on the Xbox One as much as they do. However, I guess that's what the internet is for.

There is no argument anymore. Ginginho's letter summed everything up. Let's just lock this topic, there's no point in arguing superiority anymore.

In before the lock! :P

Very nicely done

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/12/don-mattrick-xbox-360-offline/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000417

"We have a product for users who cant get online, its called the xbox 360"

Wow, the internet changed the minds of Microsoft... Good lol. Although "No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs" sounds a little miss-leading. As if they mean no additional restrictions other than what was announced at E3... Or they could mean No additional restrictions compared to the 360, but i doubt that's what they meant.

• Like 1

intredasting... but from an industry perspective, doesn't this make the xbox look weak considering that they had to cave on what they planned for the system? it doesn't sound like they thought the next gen through very well IMO... they were trying to future proof their system, but in reality, we're still a few years away from that, which is why i thought it was too soon for next gen in the first place...

their ideas will work in 4-5 years, but not right now... and sadly, they went back on what they originally wanted to do... makes me wonder if they even know what they're doing in the first place... this news still doesn't change my mind though...

intredasting... but from an industry perspective, doesn't this make the xbox look weak considering that they had to cave on what they planned for the system? it doesn't sound like they thought the next gen through very well IMO... they were trying to future proof their system, but in reality, we're still a few years away from that, which is why i thought it was too soon for next gen in the first place...

their ideas will work in 4-5 years, but not right now... and sadly, they went back on what they originally wanted to do... makes me wonder if they even know what they're doing in the first place... this news still doesn't change my mind though...

Refer to my comment on the asylum on why MS is a bitch company.

• Like 2