Here is a comparison chart Showing the Specs for the Xbox One Vs. the PlayStation 4 ~

xbox-one-playstation-4-specs.png?w=942

I don't know where you got your information but they didn't talk about a lot of the hardware mentioned there. This is all they talked about.

MnFg9yV.png

I don't know where you got your information but they didn't talk about a lot of the hardware mentioned there. This is all they talked about.

Here's where I got it ~ http://www.anandtech...o-playstation-4

And there is a lot more in-depth information over the 5 pages in the Article....

Am I right? Right? or Am I right? :clap:

My Xbox mock-up:

zwnoSw2.jpg

Pretty sure they're sold at Oxfam.

I will not be buying this console...Well until GTAVI comes out, at least..

Yeah for a limited amount of time, record the gameplay and share it, http://www.nowgamer....or_sharing.html

You are correct sir.

Thanks for the answers. Hussain, you mentioned a time limit...Did they mention one for the new Xbox?

I've seen tons of VHS games for Xboxone on instagram, including GTAV boxart on one of those VHS labels lmao: #xboxone #ps4 #consolewar

One of my old games art tutor's posted this on my facebook page :lol:

7tmSCjo.gif

• Like 2

The next generation is about to play out EXACTLY how this one did. Console fanboys will start spewing shit, and then everyone (except for the retarded ones) will find out that the games play exactly the same on both...and Nintendo will be stuck in the mud because of horrible planning, so their system will be worth nothing after about 2 years. If I were to be stuck with one of these 3 awful consoles, the Xbox would probably be the one for me, since MS has given me the better experience between them and Sony. I'm perfectly fine with all the Kinect bullshit, since it doesn't really harm anything, but the TV integration and all that sports nonsense that only meathead jocks care about is almost as wasteful as putting your money in a blender, and feeding it to your grandma calling it a cucumber smoothie. They could have just made the Xbox 360 with updated hardware, or in other words, don't fix what ain't broken. Also, what the fuck is up with the home button on the controller being on the top of the controller? It looks stupid, and it is so much less convenient than where it was placed before. My point is that the majority of the XB1's features are either pointless to add (even on a multimedia system), or can be performed faster and more efficiently on a PC.

I thought I would come here for some sanity but unfortunately that wasn't the case :rolleyes: Anyway I'm 100% for sure getting the X1. Yes it has a silly name but I think it looks really good and MODERN. Yeah you can say it's similar in shape to a VCR but what electronic device these days doesn't have sharp edges, clean, simplistic lines, and shiny black plastic? My mobile phone, TV, computer, laptop, DVD player, PVR, you name it. Heck, even my fan, alarm clock, and my mum's fucking minivan are 99% square, black plastic.

Looks aside, why is everyone complaining about it having all of these multimedia features? If you don't want to use them, don't. I'll use the example I used on another site; I never listen to that radio when I'm in the car. Does that mean I'm going to only buy a car that has no radio? No. That car was designed so that anyone can buy it. Some people will use the radio, some won't. Some people will Skype and watch TV, some won't. Do you honestly think Microsoft would have any success with the X1 if it did nothing but game? Hell no! That would be the stupidest (whether or not that was a word beforehand, it is now) business decision ever. Their customer pool would be more than halved. It's modernization. Game consoles, like anything else, need to keep with the times to stay relevant. The "times" right now are social media, networking, and communication. I, like most of the people on this site, am into core gaming and not Facebook and shit but the majority of people are. It's pretty much common sense that a company that doesn't cater to the majority will not be successful. Most people who will buy the X1 will be sold by things like voice control, facial recognition, and Kinect. That is where Microsoft's money comes from, not core gaming. That's why gaming was not thoroughly covered in the release, not because gaming has taken the back burner or will be worse than before. Trust me, the gaming part of the X1 will be very well covered at E3 in a few weeks.

Now we come to the always on Kinect camera and everyone's privacy concerns with it. I see where you're coming from here. I can see why someone wouldn't want to be filmed 24/7 whether someone's watching or not. That being said, There are very simple measures you can take to avoid this if it bugs you that much. As soon as you're done playing, just chuck a t-shirt over the lens, turn it around, whatever, then put it back when you want to play. It's not an issue when you're playing since, BY LAW, Microsoft has to have settings to turn the mic and camera off to protect your privacy. I think it would be pretty obvious if Microsoft broke the law.

Well there's my rant. I know how much I just sounded like a Microsoft spokesperson but I'm honestly not trying to change your opinion on what to buy. I'm buying an X1 solely because Forza is the only exclusive game I play. If not for Forza, I would probably end up with a PS4 and GT7. I'm just tired (and somewhat amused) at how everyone is bashing the Xbox because it does more than game.

PS: Someone mentioned in the first few pages about how they only showed pre-rendered trailers for the games. Turn10 themselved confirmed that the FM5 teaser was entirely in-game footage. Don't know about CoD since, quite frankly, I don't give a fuck.

@ridley - if nintendo doesn't adopt to being a publisher like sega then they won't stand a chance this gen... they will die in 2 years because of what the xbox will offer... they've already swept in to snatch up those families with the X1, and if they don't have a new better system in the next few years then they will have to change direction entirely...

@googlestuff(?) - of course it's all about the games... facebook integration or skype popups, these are the things that appeal for the next gen unfortunately... they multitask which means you're not really playing a game at all... i want to play games and i think it's actually cool to record and share those experiences at times... and the PS4 offers the physical ability to share, but it always comes down to the games...

HOWEVER, if i were to judge the 1st round of gen8, i'd say it was won by playstation because they focused on gaming and not a television experience that only applies to those that already have those channels... xbox fumbled the ball, as the NFL would reference, one of their main focuses the other day... it's not about the little things, it's about the reason why we game... to play awesome games...

One of my old games art tutor's posted this on my facebook page :lol:

7tmSCjo.gif

i'm sorry dupz0r, but your tutor totally stole his profile image idea from me :angry:... i had him beat for over a year...

stolenidea.jpg

• Like 1

I agree. Both systems look great IMO but I have to give the upper hand to Sony at this point simply because they're focusing more on gaming. Like I said, I'm only getting the X1 for Forza, since I can't live without that game :P but I also think MS will put the focus on gaming for E3.

Ah, much better. (Y)

I'm leaning towards the PS4 judging from the features they've announced so far. It'd take quite a bit from Microsoft to sway me.

We should probably reserve our judgements until E3. As much as we try, the majority of us on these forums are not retarded. Instead, we make logical, well-informed decisions before parting with hard-earned money. I like to think that the reason everyone is hating on XboxOne is because of the significance the Microsoft/Sony competition has on gaming. Without one driving the other, we will quickly come to accept adequacy. Therefore, we secretly/openly want both of the systems to be as good as possible.

All friendly banter aside, I do expect both consoles to consistently produce parallel games by third party developers. My point is, they will both be as good as one another, it's just fun messing around with the competition.

It will come down to loyalty and preferred exclusives.

So because he said we should wait for more info before judging either systems, you start bashing both him and thr xbox out of pure btand loyalty and fanboyishness. So he has an xbox? Thats what he chose.

All friendly banter aside, I do expect both consoles to consistently produce parallel games by third party developers. My point is, they will both be as good as one another, it's just fun messing around with the competition.

The only thing is looking at the Specs for both systems, it seems to me that the Xbox One will have the sub-quality version of these games.

As long as Dev's don't develop for Microsoft's X1 first, then port it too the PS4 like they did with a lot of 3rd party games this gen for the PS3 ( which gave it the lower quality game/ which everyone liked to point out/ Fricken' Idiots ). And which was mostly due to most people in America owning 360's, even though the PS3 was the more powerful system ( although it was more difficult to code for ).

This gen should hopefully be a bit better for Sony with it's Console being much easier to develop for.

Just take a look at the Specs, the PS4 is obviously the more powerful system.

Look at how many more Teraflops the PS4 does, look at how many more GPU Cores it has. It has almost triple the memory speed and bandwidth of the Xbox One as well.

The only thing is looking at the Specs for both systems, it seems to me that the Xbox One will have the sub-quality version of these games.

As long as Dev's don't develop for Microsoft's X1 first, then port it too the PS4 like they did with a lot of 3rd party games this gen for the PS3 ( which gave it the lower quality game/ which everyone liked to point out/ Fricken' Idiots ). And which was mostly due to most people in America owning 360's, even though the PS3 was the more powerful system ( although it was more difficult to code for ).

This gen should hopefully be a bit better for Sony with it's Console being much easier to develop for.

Look at how many more Terraflops the PS4 does, look at how many more GPU Cores it has. It has almost triple the memory speed and bandwidth of the Xbox One as well.

But ECKSBOCKS HAS TV!

• Like 2

Look at how many more Terraflops the PS4 does, look at how many more GPU Cores it has. It has almost triple the memory speed and bandwidth of the Xbox One as well.

Don't get too caught up on specs and power, otherwise the PC guys will migrate into this thread and shame us all.

I'm joking, specs are important. Seriously though, I'm excited about this new generation. It's all nice having powerful gaming consoles, but I like to have that something extra that will help evolve gaming. Surely the ultimate goal of gaming is a point of virtual reality?

Ask yourself this, why do specs and power matter so much? Probably because you want awesome near life-like graphics, right? Well, that's just further blending the line between the virtual world and reality. Kinect is a different route toward the same goal. Hopefully you understand where i'm coming from. I want video games to be fucking awesome, fully immersive experiences, with breathtaking displays of realism... all within my lifetime!

At the end of the day, when you watch a movie on your TV, it's still not real. The actors may be real people, but you're not fully immersed in that experience (even with the likes of IMAX etc.). There's another piece of the puzzle that we've not figured out yet, but with gaming companies willing to try new ideas, eventually we will get there. (Eventually we'll be in the matrix.)

Don't get too caught up on specs and power, otherwise the PC guys will migrate into this thread and shame us all.

I'm joking, specs are important. Seriously though, I'm excited about this new generation. It's all nice having powerful gaming consoles, but I like to have that something extra that will help evolve gaming. Surely the ultimate goal of gaming is a point of virtual reality?

Ask yourself this, why do specs and power matter so much? Probably because you want awesome near life-like graphics, right? Well, that's just further blending the line between the virtual world and reality. Kinect is a different route toward the same goal. Hopefully you understand where i'm coming from. I want video games to be fucking awesome, fully immersive experiences, with breathtaking displays of realism... all within my lifetime!

At the end of the day, when you watch a movie on your TV, it's still not real. The actors may be real people, but you're not fully immersed in that experience (even with the likes of IMAX etc.). There's another piece of the puzzle that we've not figured out yet, but with gaming companies willing to try new ideas, eventually we will get there. (Eventually we'll be in the matrix.)

I would really love for there to be virtual reality in gaming. But in reality it probably won't happen in either of our lifetimes.

I think the increased power of the PS4 is important not only because of better graphics ( even though that is nice ), but because of what will be achievable on an open world level. It could mean a higher level of interaction within the environment ( more intractable objects/ more varied actions the player can make ) , and between the player and NPC's in that environment ( like better AI ). It could mean a whole new level of immersion, alongside the birth of new gameplay ideas.

And even though this Generation of consoles might not be as big a jump graphically as the last one was. The increased power of the PS4 ( and X1 ) will be very important for what it could add to in-game world building.

Yeah for a limited amount of time, record the gameplay and share it, http://www.nowgamer....or_sharing.html

You are correct sir.

Thanks for the answers. Hussain, you mentioned a time limit...Did they mention one for the new Xbox?

For the PS3 it was around 15 minutes I think but I'm not sure for the X-Box 1