i have actually, i just don't think their that great, to justify spending money on a console to solely get that game.

I don't get why people complain about the price of Next Gen Consoles.

My PS3 cost me $1000 back in 2007, which is very good value for money when you consider the thousands of hours of gaming I got out of it over the past 6 years ( plus remember it was one of the cheapest Blu-Ray players back then ). And this makes me exasperated that Americans complain that they have to pay $400 for a console, or however much it is in pounds in Scotland.

Compare it with some of the High-End PC's that came out the same year. Which could cost you 2-$3000, and only last you about 3-4 years before you need to upgrade it again.

not complaining about the price, im planning on buying a £850 tv and the ps4 by the end of the year. i was saying that i don't justify buying a console solely because one game is on it lol

no. but im buying one anyway, but metal gear wouldn't make me buy a console

I'm guessing you have never played a Metal Gear Solid Game.

Especially the best one's, like MGS 3 and 4.

i have actually, i just don't think their that great, to justify spending money on a console to solely get that game.

you-take-that-back-take-it-back-right-now-thumb.jpg

I don't get why people complain about the price of Next Gen Consoles.

My PS3 cost me $1000 back in 2007, which is very good value for money when you consider the thousands of hours of gaming I got out of it over the past 6 years ( plus remember it was one of the cheapest Blu-Ray players back then ). And this makes me exasperated that Americans complain that they have to pay $400 for a console, or however much it is in pounds in Scotland.

Compare it with some of the High-End PC's that came out the same year. Which could cost you 2-$3000, and only last you about 3-4 years before you need to upgrade it again.

not complaining about the price, im planning on buying a £850 tv and the ps4 by the end of the year. i was saying that i don't justify buying a console solely because one game is on it lol

and oh and also, i paid £600 back when the ps3 first released, sold it eventually and ended up buying another for £370.

so i dont see where your point of people complaining about the price in scotland came from

and oh and also, i paid £600 back when the ps3 first released, sold it eventually and ended up buying another for £370.

so i dont see where your point of people complaining about the price in scotland came from

Everyone complains, no matter where you are in the world. I hear people complain about price everywhere.

Me I don't spend my money as soon as I get it, so I have a nice pool of money to buy products that I want or need whenever the occasion arises.

I'm just sick of other people complaining that they can't afford a game that gives them hundreds of hours of enjoyment. Or a console that will give them 1000's of hours of fun. Yet they can afford to waste money on their massive phone bills, buying alcohol/cigarettes and getting huge Car Loans ( Yay credit!!! / Fucking Idiots )....

i won't be buying next gen until some game comes out that i have to play... like a new fallout, or something new and exclusive to the PS4... yea, i'm not wasting my time with an xbox since none of my friends will anyways... play what your friends play...

How about Metal Gear Solid 5? Will that make you buy a PS4?

i won't be buying next gen until some game comes out that i have to play... like a new fallout, or something new and exclusive to the PS4... yea, i'm not wasting my time with an xbox since none of my friends will anyways... play what your friends play...

Watchdogs and Infamous: Second Son aren't games you have to play?

nope, nope, and nope... they're not system sellers for me, plus i am not a big metal gear fan at all... a new uncharted would get me to buy a new system though... i mean, i do want to play those games you mentioned, but it's not something i HAVE to play right away, i can wait ;)...

like i said, it's gonna take a new fallout or something important to me like that to buy one...

...or a little extra money in the back account, but i doubt i'll have any of that if my 9 years of living in my own home taught me anything... it's tough to save money...

• Like 1

It's probably tougher to save money in the US, due to the Down Turn in the Economy.

Australia has had no problems at all from this. With the Global Financial Crisis affecting everyone but us.

Hope that their economy improves, because some of the best Developers are based there.

How about Metal Gear Solid 5? Will that make you buy a PS4?

Watchdogs and Infamous: Second Son aren't games you have to play?

nope, nope, and nope... they're not system sellers for me, plus i am not a big metal gear fan at all... a new uncharted would get me to buy a new system though... i mean, i do want to play those games you mentioned, but it's not something i HAVE to play right away, i can wait ;)...

like i said, it's gonna take a new fallout or something important to me like that to buy one...

...or a little extra money in the back account, but i doubt i'll have any of that if my 9 years of living in my own home taught me anything... it's tough to save money...

Same here, i can't afford to rent a bigger house, let alone pay for a new console which hasn't got games i need on it yet.

BF4 looked way better than COD Ghosts btw... just throwing that out there.

So far, if had to choose now, id be leaning xbox

All depends on the $$$$

Yeah you have to pay a fee to use Pre-Owned games whereas with Sony you don't. Xbox One's Memory is 8 Gigabytes DDR3 compared to PS4's 8 Gigabytes of lightning fast DDR5. Also the PS4's GPU is better.......

But I can see how you would get the Xbox............

I like the entertainment integration...

The specs are all rumors, i thought?

*Gets home*

*Doesn't watch or read review of event, only reads comments posted*

Saved me some time, thanks guys. (Y)

*puts savings into Sony stock*

Australia has had no problems at all from this. With the Global Financial Crisis affecting everyone but us.

**moves to Australia**

Their dollar is worth 2 cents more than ours and everything seems to be at a markup compared to the states. Don't bother.

Also, the place is filled with giant, man-eating spiders and kangaroos wearing boxing gloves.

• Like 2

here's a side-by-side comparison QD...

http://www.ign.com/w...source=facebook

they're basically the same with the PS3 offering the faster RAM chip... i also heard that the PS4 may have a 1TB HDD, but that's all rumors... but yea, it will come down to the games and the little tiny extra features to get you to sway one way or another... because as it was with the last gen, it was pretty hard to notice much of a difference in the quality of the games...

It's probably tougher to save money in the US, due to the Down Turn in the Economy.

Hope that their economy improves, because some of the best Developers are based there.

I'm not really into economics, but following the Treasurer's report last week, I have a feeling that Australia is on the verge of an economic down-fall. If not, then at least a slow-down. Apparently you have a $17bn deficit in your budget, and you know what that means to your intended education reforms. But I digress, this isn't the place for (international) politics.

On XboxOne and PS4:

Neither have blown my mind away. I have a strong feeling I'll become a PC gamer by the end of the year, especially with the upcoming release of CoH2!

"Xbox One does not provide any built-in DVR capabilities, but on your Xbox One console you will be able to access and use your cable or satellite set-top box DVR service via HDMI pass-through," they explained.

In addition, to utilize the live TV features demoed by Microsoft, you'll need a "supported receiver device with HDMI output." And as expected, "to access live TV content from many of the top networks in the US, consumers still need a cable, telco or satellite subscription."

Ugh,

So all it is, instead if watching tv on whatever cable box they have, people can connect it to their Xbox one and watch it through that instead?

That seems pointless. Who would even need that. How hard is it to switch yor tv to hd 2 for your game console lol

• Like 2

**moves to Australia**

Their dollar is worth 2 cents more than ours and everything seems to be at a markup compared to the states. Don't bother.

Also, the place is filled with giant, man-eating spiders and kangaroos wearing boxing gloves.

Yeah, but the average wage in Australia is almost twice that of the states. The best plan for him would be to get a job here for a year, knock up a few sheilas, move back to America, buy many consoles, profit.

Also, you forgot drop bears.

• Like 3

am i the only one creeped out by the always on kinect that knows who you are and can follow you around the room, knows if you lost weight, got a haircut, etc... i bet it gets off when it sees fornication in it's midst... i dunno about that feature, i mean, it's cool to be able to bark commands at it, but wait until i turn the system on before you start undressing me with your eyes...

i'm with jamie, how hard is it to push a button?? isn't that what we've been doing playing games all these years?? i don't wanna wave at my TV, or tell it to turn on... what if it doesn't hear me and it's late at night and i don't wanna wake the house up by shouting at it??

:huh:???

You don't need to. I was answers your last question, and the answer to that is pressing the power button which I highly doubt will be disabled for the cameras sake.

dumberass