well the youtube one still says spring 2013.

I don't think they'll change that one because they wouldn't be able to keep the same URL that a lot of people linked to and they'd lose all of the comments and view count as well.

• Like 2

Did anyone think that when they finish GTA V, they will start working on gta 6 over 1/3 years when ps4/xbox720 come out.

So 2 years + 8/9 years developing is 10/11 years waiting for Grand Theft Auto VI

And that the ipad is 5 times bigger than the iphone 5

What the fuck does that bold have to do with anything? Lol.

Anyway, they would most likely not spend 8-9 years developing the game, probably another 5/6 years from now, making it 2018-2019. (Just a guess)

Dunno, ttwo let 3drealms work on duke nukes forever 15 years...

Not completely true, granted they allowed them an extended period of time but eventually pulled the Duke Nukem franchise from 3D Realms .

Before the release of DN:F 3D Realms launched a title called Prey that was in development for 11 years, Prey was developed internally by 3D Realms but after several delays 3D Realms outsourced the development to Human Head Studios.

Take-two switched development from 3D Realms (Apogee Software ltd) to Gearbox back in September '10 ending their 12 year assossiaction with the title Duke Nukem they still maintain certain rights to the title, 3D Realms remained as a co-developer, Take-two also filed a breach of contract suit against 3D Realms for failing to deliver the aforementioned title.

TL;DR 3D Realms has failed as a development studio & as a publisher.

• Like 1

I know it's just acting but it's still pretty funny. Also this was the fat guy that smashed his Xbox in that superbowl commercial.

• Like 1

Why isn't GTA V a next-gen launch title?

Some other people talk about the limitations of the [current] hardware. We don't feel there are that many limitations. We feel we can do some very impressive stuff and do it for a large audience. This felt like the way... There'll be a much larger audience on PS3 than there will be on PS4. At a creative level, which is the most important for us, we could say everything we wanted to say and do everything we wanted to do on these machines. We didn't sit there saying, "We'd like to do this in the game, but we can't." There's plenty of power in these machines.

IGN Interview with Dan Houser this past November

Why isn't GTA V a next-gen launch title?

Some other people talk about the limitations of the [current] hardware. We don't feel there are that many limitations. We feel we can do some very impressive stuff and do it for a large audience. This felt like the way... There'll be a much larger audience on PS3 than there will be on PS4. At a creative level, which is the most important for us, we could say everything we wanted to say and do everything we wanted to do on these machines. We didn't sit there saying, "We'd like to do this in the game, but we can't." There's plenty of power in these machines.

IGN Interview with Dan Houser this past November

And your point is?

wouldn't it be funny if rockstar was just fucken with us and there going to it in spring anyway.

I've been having that feeling. I know it's very likely not the case, but it sure would be like Rockstar to pull one over on us.

Don't worry. I don't expect the young minds to understand.

Just let him go with it. UlanBator isn't going to listen, anyway. -_-

I think the point is, that Rockstar still understand that the current gen hardware still have a lot to give, add that to the massive audience on these consoles compared to the non existent install base of the next gen when GTA V releases. and thats why' GTA V isn't a next gen title.

• Like 1

Tomorrow we will know something new, be ready. I have allready asked many times, why the fuck R* have taken ps3 and 360 logos from GTA5 page since they anounced the delay, why? I believe GTA5 will be ps3 and 360 compatible, but will be a much much better game in next gen systems. Now Im waiting to see our moderators comments saying that I am crazy... By the way Im also waiting for you xerifes to unlock the last thread Ive started, thanks.

lol where do you get your theories from?

sony are announcing their next gen console. that has no link to rockstar and gta v.

and your last thread won't be unlocked as we have a release date thread and a next gen thread on the website.

Tomorrow we will know something new, be ready. I have allready asked many times, why the fuck R* have taken ps3 and 360 logos from GTA5 page since they anounced the delay, why? I believe GTA5 will be ps3 and 360 compatible, but will be a much much better game in next gen systems. Now Im waiting to see our moderators comments saying that I am crazy... By the way Im also waiting for you xerifes to unlock the last thread Ive started, thanks.

You look like that crazy hippie from the movie "2012".

I have one thing to say, the end of the world isnt coming.

It can be that Rockstar keeps it a secret for us, so there will be no chaos.

But i have still one thing to say.

Dan Houser isn't Barrack Obama.

And rockstar is the government.

My points is: " you look like THAT hippie"

The main Rockstar Games site still has it listed as being released only on Xbox360 and PS3.

It will be a no better game on the next gen systems than GTA San Andreas is on the PS3 compared to the PS2

It's not going to be next-gen exclusive.

It may be beautified and released as an "HD Edition" for the next gen in a year or two.

CASE CLOSED.

the ps3 and xbox 360 will be an HD edition....

Not compared to the PS4 and 720, I would imagine. I'm sure graphics will be improved in the next generation, right?

Considering that no one's even using the PS3 and 360 to their full potential yet, I'd say the next gen will have better graphics about a year before the generation after that.

Considering that no one's even using the PS3 and 360 to their full potential yet, I'd say the next gen will have better graphics about a year before the generation after that.

Why is that? I tend to hear that a lot. What prevents these developers from making the most of the current hardware?

R* said they intend to in V, but why has it taken 7 years?