so the take two ceo cited the small install base of new console's as a reason why it will be released on current gen. - why are people still thinking it wont be on ps3/360.. im confused.

so the take two ceo cited the small install base of new console's as a reason why it will be released on current gen. - why are people still thinking it wont be on ps3/360.. im confused.

30621480.jpg

• Like 1

so...

According to a todays article update in german IT magazine "computer bild", japanese newspaper "asahi shimbun" claims to know that the PS4 will be officially introduced to the audience on feb. 20th and hit the stores in the US and Japan by christmas this year for around $400 (europe not even mentioned)

this particular rumor is not that new so either all use the same source or it starts to narrow down slowly until we get an official input

anyways, even IF this is true, what good is it to release a game for this console a quarter year earlier than the console itself? won't make sense.

further, giving the long development time R* puts into this game (some sources go as far back as working on the title started parallel to the release of IV), how could you develop for a hardware which, by this time, was fiction even for the producing company? even if R* outlined the game for 2 years before actually starting to code and create the graphics, it's still hard to believe they knew the system specs on time to tailor the game accordingly...

nope, imho the best we can expect for a ps4 xbox720 is a port, but not a "real" development for these platforms

why does it need to be both? we all have the consoles to play it on current gen, its been built on current gen. it isn't going to be massively improved on a new console. the only difference is people get to play it with a shiny new controller, and put the disc in a shiny new box.

i don't think there's any way the new playstation will be out in the summer, it will be previewed at E3, and released in time for the christmas holidays, probably

Everyone in eletronic games world (magazines sites etc) is talking about next gen system prices and the tecnology envolved... Sorry to say, Im starting to see theres no way out, GTA5 will be a next generation game. It will be possible to play it in ps3 and 360? Limited ps3 360 versions? This could/will be the even greater cold shower of the year, but lets be pragmatic, it will be a even better game experience.

I'm no expert, but releasing it only for the new consoles will massively reduce sales won't it? Since not every single person will buy the next generation of consoles immediately.

• Like 3

everyones talking about the prices of new hardware because they will prob release in time for the holidays.

the ceo of take two who own rockstar who make gta said that because of the small install base it will be current gen game, it isn't going to be a watered down version, it was built for the current gen. we're not going to get a limited version. i don't see anyway how it can be spelled out more clearly.

there isn't any evidence to link GTA V to next gen.

I'm no expert, but releasing it only for the new consoles will massively reduce sales won't it? Since not every single person will buy the next generation of consoles immediately.

and yes and that's exactly the reason the CEO of take-two said it won't be next gen...

Guys, chill. Game informer among other game mag critics have played GTA V on PS3/360. Enough said. There is a chance it will be ported to new consoles though, like they do with the PC version. And just up the texture quality and other graphic settings.

• Like 2

Rockstar and Take2 have already said so much things that didnt happened (since the delay of GTA4 until today, a lot happened), lets look at the timing of next generation and GTA5, they will be launched this year. And the other game producers, distributors and makers are developing lots of next gen games. Time runs, R* let the 2012 christmas sales window pass, they need money, probably the delay and next gen games will be better for them.

Everyone in eletronic games world (magazines sites etc) is talking about next gen system prices and the tecnology envolved... Sorry to say, Im starting to see theres no way out, GTA5 will be a next generation game. It will be possible to play it in ps3 and 360? Limited ps3 360 versions? This could/will be the even greater cold shower of the year, but lets be pragmatic, it will be a even better game experience.

You have said some stupid shit before ( like how you were 100% convinced Michael was Tommy vercetti) but this takes the cake.

• Like 3

Guys, chill. Game informer among other game mag critics have played GTA V on PS3/360. Enough said. There is a chance it will be ported to new consoles though, like they do with the PC version. And just up the texture quality and other graphic settings.

that's what i'm saying, and if they do that, then i will probably have both versions, i hoe the ps4 has backwards compatibility though.

You have said some stupid shit before ( like how you were 100% convinced Michael was Tommy vercetti) but this takes the cake.

I never said that! What I said is a lot different, I wrote that Michael could be related to Tommy Vercetti, because he is from the east coast, dont be a liar!

Related to the game platform, is my opinion, if you dont like it thats your problem.

Sigh, facepalm. Anyone thinking V will be released on next-gen needs to break out their logic shoes and go for a long, long jog. R* developed this entire game on existent generational technology. Even if developers already have their hands on next-gen technology, the bulk of this game was so, so very likely developed before that technology even existed. And I've said this before -- they intitially intended to release the game this spring. Perhaps as much as a year before next-gen is available in stores (maybe slightly less, maybe more). The delay has nothing to do with next-gen technology. So you really think they'd say, "Here's GTA V! Buy it now and have it collect dust until a system is released you can play it on!" No, no, no, derp, derp, no.

• Like 2

I never said that! What I said is a lot different, I wrote that Michael could be related to Tommy Vercetti, because he is from the east coast, dont be a liar!

Related to the game platform, is my opinion, if you dont like it thats your problem.

You thought Michael was a relative of Tommy Vercetti? HAHAHA no... just no.

V wasn't developed for the next Xbox & Playstation, it was developed for this generation of console. They even announced it for Xbox 360 & PS3.

They could still be developing it for the next-gen without announcing it. To announce it for the next-gen before the next-gen is announced would be silly.

As far as the next gen goes, V will either be:

a) Available for them at the release of the next-gen consoles, having being developed alongside current-gen shit

b ) A port to the next gen, or

c) Backwards-compatible with the previous gen (our gen)

captain_obvious_hat-p148218218705045494enxqz_400.jpg

I strike again!

You beat me to it. That's exactly what I was going to say. :yes:

The Ported Version will just get a Higher Definition Graphical Makeover.

Graphics Makeovers For Everyone!!! :buttsecks:

If the new consoles are backwards compatible (which they better be), than we won't end up needing to buy a new copy...but then again, making new copies specifically for next gens will let us see the full potential of GTA V (graphics wise, and performance wise). It could also benefit their sales in certain ways. Let's just hope for no more delays.

If the new consoles are backwards compatible (which they better be), than we won't end up needing to buy a new copy...but then again, making new copies specifically for next gens will let us see the full potential of GTA V (graphics wise, and performance wise). It could also benefit their sales in certain ways. Let's just hope for no more delays.

if they are backwards compatable, do you think that we would be able to play multiplayer ps3 games on the ps4? like play against people using ps3's for gta?