I'd bet cash money it has nothing to do with the recent spate of mass shootings. It's an M-rated game that's made for adults, and can only be purchased by adults (even if they're giving it to their underage kids). The discussion in Congress said nothing about less blood. The only real concencus was to make laws more strict that allow children to buy adult games. And besides that, no legislation was passed, and I doubt it ever will. You ban violet games, you have to ban violent movies. You have to ban music with violet lyrics. But no, let's not ban fucking semi-automatic rifles! Don't worry, kiddies, GTA V is going to pour the blood down our throats just like we like it. R* wouldn't cowtow to something like that. Yes, they removed some things from GTA III, but that was due to 9/11 and Liberty being based on NYC. As tragic as the Sandy Hook shooting was, 9/11 was fucking . . . well, 9/11. No comparison. And hell, in III you could blow people's heads and limbs off for chrissakes.

Also, for those who are worried that it'll be released on next gen, stop. That's idiotic. They've been developing this game since before the new console technology was even designed. Also, they did intend on releasing it in the spring. Doesn't make much sense to release a game for a console that doesn't exist yet.

• Like 2

i think they should release it in July

i think is cause of me that they are delaying it cause they finally read my emails i sent to them a lot time a go and now they are like "hey this fanman has great ideas and oh why didn't i think of that one" so cause of me the games going to be badass like a boss.

so no thanks is needed.

i think they should release it in July

i think is cause of me that they are delaying it cause they finally read my emails i sent to them a lot time a go and now they are like "hey this fanman has great ideas and oh why didn't i think of that one" so cause of me the games going to be badass like a boss.

so no thanks is needed.

Please shut up.

• Like 2

Well I was applying to work in Antarctica for 6 months starting mid September... FML

Gta will be around after you get back, might even be able to pick up the goty edition...

Well that's a good thought, but they'll probably leave the GOTY edition until they've released all the DLC which will take more than 6 months I reckon.

At least it's win/win whether I get the job or not. Playing GTAV on release or amazing job experience. If I get the job I'll still have Internet though and I doubt I'll be able to avoid the forums which will be torture

I want to work in Antarctica? how do you do that?

cant you play games down there? if I could play games in Iraq I would think you could play in Antarctica.

I can understand the game delay but what about the cover art? Did the artist fracture his wrist while drawing it last week? The cover art has probably been finalised for months now anyway, they should have released it and then added tiny text at the bottom of it announcing the delay:

"By the way, the game is delayed until September. Enjoy!"

But no, let's not ban fucking semi-automatic rifles!

Even if they ban semi-auto rifles criminals will still get their hands on them illegally. You just take them away from law abiding citizens.

I can understand the game delay but what about the cover art? Did the artist fracture his wrist while drawing it last week? The cover art has probably been finalised for months now anyway, they should have released it and then added tiny text at the bottom of it announcing the delay:

"By the way, the game is delayed until September. Enjoy!"

Thats what I've been asking myself. :bullshit: am I right?

FUCK!

Think of it this way guys, it always seems better to play when it gets dark earlier and isn't as nice outside. Playing V in the summer wouldn't feel right anyway. And now it will be more polished than ever.

Well I was applying to work in Antarctica for 6 months starting mid September... FML

Gta will be around after you get back, might even be able to pick up the goty edition...

Well that's a good thought, but they'll probably leave the GOTY edition until they've released all the DLC which will take more than 6 months I reckon.

At least it's win/win whether I get the job or not. Playing GTAV on release or amazing job experience. If I get the job I'll still have Internet though and I doubt I'll be able to avoid the forums which will be torture

I want to work in Antarctica? how do you do that?

cant you play games down there? if I could play games in Iraq I would think you could play in Antarctica.

New Zealand has a research station there which is where I'm applying. Not sure where you're from but the US has a base close by which you may be able to apply for.

As for gaming they probably will have some TV's available but it'd be pretty anti-social to play a single player game like this. They'd probably have games like FIFA available if anything.

I think I'll be happy living vicariously through the people on the forums for awhile though.

It makes me angry at Bethesda for releasing a fantsatic game with so many flaws on the PS3 version. While PC and Xbox 360 gamers can play it too their hearts content. Lucky Bastards.

Hehe, it was not any easier to play it on 360 (which I had). Just as full of bugs as you can imagine. I also played somwhere between 150-200hrs, still had quests to do but had maxed out gear. The problem was that quests became impossible to complete because of NPC bugs, and at one point in the game it was no longer possible to run with the horse.. After this problem never got resolved, I quit playing it.

I'd bet cash money it has nothing to do with the recent spate of mass shootings. It's an M-rated game that's made for adults, and can only be purchased by adults (even if they're giving it to their underage kids). The discussion in Congress said nothing about less blood. The only real concencus was to make laws more strict that allow children to buy adult games. And besides that, no legislation was passed, and I doubt it ever will. You ban violet games, you have to ban violent movies. You have to ban music with violet lyrics. But no, let's not ban fucking semi-automatic rifles! Don't worry, kiddies, GTA V is going to pour the blood down our throats just like we like it. R* wouldn't cowtow to something like that. Yes, they removed some things from GTA III, but that was due to 9/11 and Liberty being based on NYC. As tragic as the Sandy Hook shooting was, 9/11 was fucking . . . well, 9/11. No comparison. And hell, in III you could blow people's heads and limbs off for chrissakes.

If you look at the modern violence trends in games, you'll notice that violence (blood, gore, decapitation) has been reduced significantly. This doesn't nessecarily have anything to do with events in the USA, but can have something to do with sales, as there might be a chance that less gory games sell better. I for one care a lot about proper gore in games, like the possibility to remove heads or the massive amount of blood that came from using the screwdriver in Vice City. Countries like Germany and Australia doesn't allow much violence, so maybe companies figured they just as well might make the game less violent entirely, instead of making own versions for other countries. Borderlands 2, Call of Duty (after WaW), GTA (after SA) and many other games had less gore than the previous titles. Shame.

FUCK!

Think of it this way guys, it always seems better to play when it gets dark earlier and isn't as nice outside. Playing V in the summer wouldn't feel right anyway. And now it will be more polished than ever.

I can't play outside after dark anyway, my mummy won't let me. She says I must stay in and relieve her sexually do my choir practice.

Countries like Germany and Australia doesn't allow much violence, so maybe companies figured they just as well might make the game less violent entirely, instead of making own versions for other countries. Borderlands 2, Call of Duty (after WaW), GTA (after SA) and many other games had less gore than the previous titles. Shame.

We can have violent videogames now, thanks to our new ratings laws.

meh hes just doing that for views now. the original he done was for the rock beating punk at the rumble.

and again the sequel on his girlfriends channel.

the wrestling one is far funnier haha

What a fat fucking whale. Get over it.

There are only two opinions in this entire thread:

1. FUCK ROCKSTAR, I'M CANCELLING MY PREORDER!!

2. Fuck, at least the game will be better when they do eventually release it.

• Like 1

that guy is a 28year old fat fucker who sits at home playing video games that just came out and has no job and fuck you ,you stupid fat bastard no one give the shit about what you think, ooooo cancel preorder what dose that solve oh yea not owning it that's what that solves and gta iv never hurt nobody just boarded them to death.

this guy is a joke and iam not ofended , his broad probably has a job any way. hell i think i made my point out. peace out homies.

• Like 1