icon11.gif

I don't get what R* did wrong. They said the game would be released in Spring. They just didn't say which one. Southern Hemispheric Spring is the one true spring. About time you Northern heathens acknowledged that.

lol. i love you. <3

a ) We need to protest a eariler release , they have been working on it since Gta 4 ,

b ) 229 days is way too long :(

a ) yah lets make them rush the game and release it unfinished and gltichy. good idea

b ) No its not.

Rushed? The released the trailer a year and a half ago. The game is probably finished by now. This delay is purely economic.

I wonder with Sony and Microsoft releasing next gen console info at e3 this year if gta 5 will still be relevant.

Why release a trailer for a game a full two years away from release.

I dont know maybe to raise hype? Did you think that one through?

Release a trailer two years before a release date for a game that is already hyped? Who wasn't excited about gta 5 before the trailer...

I wonder with Sony and Microsoft releasing next gen console info at e3 this year if gta 5 will still be relevant.

We are sorry to inform you that GTA V will no longer be available for PS3 or Xbox360, due to complications it has been made available only for the next generation of consoles.

Btw, we have to delay the game to spring 2014. Kthxbye

• Like 3

I am only disappointed because I was planning on taking a week or two off work to immerse myself in the beauty and culture of Los Santos, and I NEED a fucking holiday.....

But it won't stop me from being a R* nuthugger - love those guys..... :buttsecks:

icon11.gif

I don't get what R* did wrong. They said the game would be released in Spring. They just didn't say which one. Southern Hemispheric Spring is the one true spring. About time you Northern heathens acknowledged that.

lol. i love you. &lt;3

a ) We need to protest a eariler release , they have been working on it since Gta 4 ,

b ) 229 days is way too long :(

a ) yah lets make them rush the game and release it unfinished and gltichy. good idea

b ) No its not.

Rushed? The released the trailer a year and a half ago. The game is probably finished by now. This delay is purely economic.

I dont know maybe to raise hype? Did you think that one through?

Release a trailer two years before a release date for a game that is already hyped? Who wasn't excited about gta 5 before the trailer...

tbh me and a couple of friends, after we saw the 1st trailer we started getting hyped, so there. Also look at the YouTube 1st trailer. Last time i checked it was around 25 million views. More than any other video game trailer that i know.

There is only a certain amount of time that can pass before hype stops being build and simply wears off because people get tired of waiting. Not saying that's happening for GTA V now, but personally I was a lot more excited for GTA V about 2 months ago than I am now.

• Like 1

There is only a certain amount of time that can pass before hype stops being build and simply wears off because people get tired of waiting. Not saying that's happening for GTA V now, but personally I was a lot more excited for GTA V about 2 months ago than I am now.

I agree. At 1st I didnt care, until I saw the trailer. Then it was a whole year of exitement, that slowly wore off until trailer 2 but that hyped died and reincarnated into gameinformers Dec issue. That was a sexual explosion of gta info but the afterglow wore off fast. At least we have a release date to get us to the finish line

Still not as bad as the great GTA IV delay of 2007/08.

You just have to get over it. Hopefully it will be better because of this delay. The summer draught is coming, and I've stockpiled a list of games to get me through it, I suggest you do the same.

You just have to get over it. Hopefully it will be better because of this delay. The summer draught is coming, and I've stockpiled a list of games to get me through it, I suggest you do the same.

How long was the GTA IV delay? Wasn't it from like August/October 2007-April 2008?

But anyway you should think a billion dollar company should learn from their mistakes, especially ones they repeat and have been making for 6 years (or more)

• Like 1

How long was the GTA IV delay? Wasn't it from like August/October 2007-April 2008?

But anyway you should think a billion dollar company should learn from their mistakes, especially ones they repeat and have been making for 6 years (or more)

you are right, they'v got into a bad habit of not meeting their targets. it shouldn't happen

I think it was delayed simply because it's just not ready. Rockstar is venturing into some uncharted territory with this game. All of these things they've promised -- I mean, damn -- people still don't believe how is it possible to have a world that's bigger than San Andreas, Read Dead Redemption, and Liberty City combined. All with a completely detailed ocean floor. Interwoven storylines among 3 playable characters with their own individual lives. Demographical details of each area of in Los Santos, from race, to type of vehicles, to personalities. Plus more. This game is packing a serious punch.... I completely understand that they need to take their time to deliver this product.

I don't even see how people can be upset about the timing. The game is coming right after the Summer -- technically, in the Summer. The Summer is the best season of the year; the beaches, the parties, the events, the cook-outs, family reunions and/or vacations... next thing you know, you look up and it's already September.

• Like 1

I think it was delayed simply because it's just not ready. Rockstar is venturing into some uncharted territory with this game. All of these things they've promised -- I mean, damn -- people still don't believe how is it possible to have a world that's bigger than San Andreas, Read Dead Redemption, and Liberty City combined. All with a completely detailed ocean floor. Interwoven storylines among 3 playable characters with their own individual lives. Demographical details of each area of in Los Santos, from race, to type of vehicles, to personalities. Plus more. This game is packing a serious punch.... I completely understand that they need to take their time to deliver this product.

I don't even see how people can be upset about the timing. The game is coming right after the Summer -- technically, in the Summer. The Summer is the best season of the year; the beaches, the parties, the events, the cook-outs, family reunions and/or vacations... next thing you know, you look up and it's already September.

I like you.

I'm more pissed that they couldn't at least release the cover art with this release date announcement. Would have made people feel a little better

From Rockstar on their Newswire:

To those of you saying or seeing various conspiracy theories about there being some other ulterior motive for this delay, rest assured that they’re all nonsense – literally the only reason we’ve delayed the release is because we want the game to be as good as it needs to be.

For those of you asking about the official box art, that will be coming out a bit later as well.

Thank you all for understanding.

Rockstar Games released this Press release also

Los Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV. Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life.

"Grand Theft Auto V continues to push the series forward in new ways; Rockstar North are creating our deepest, most beautiful and most immersive world yet," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We are very excited for people to learn more about the game in the coming months."

The September release date moves the launch back from its original projected release window of spring 2013 in order to allow additional development time. The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world Rockstar Games has yet created, Grand Theft Auto V blends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game's three lead characters, playing all sides of the game's interwoven story.

All the classic hallmarks of the groundbreaking series return, including incredible attention to detail and Grand Theft Auto's darkly humorous take on modern culture, alongside a brand new and ambitious approach to open world multiplayer."

Edit: Source http://ir.take2games...0040&highlight=

• Like 2