Yes, it sucks that we won't be getting the game as soon as we expected (though we all should have been expecting at least the possibility of a delay). Four months. So what. Creating a game as expansive as Grand Theft Auto is an incredibly arduous task done by a massive staff. It's something none of us can actually imagine. A good friend of mine works for Ubisoft and he's in the office every day of the week (including weekends when a big title is being developed), and he often doesn't leave until like 9 or 10 at night. These people dedicate their lives to making the games we love, and we should show them more appreciation for sacrificing their time, social lives, and sanity. They don't do it because they only care about money. They make these games because we love them, and they love them as much as we do. Have some respect and don't bitch about a measley four months. These people have had no lives for 5 years so that we get the game they think we deserve. So, in other words, shut the fuck up and be patient.

• Like 2

why couldn't they have told us the release date for spring to day then wait till Saturday to tell us the bad news then wait till Wednesday to tell us the delayed date.

229 days to go! at least we got a release date... isn't that wat so many people wanted, now you got it

I would rather have no release date and have it released in Spring like planned than wait about 4 months extra. Even the cover art is delayed... Pretty sloppy if you ask me, not that I'm an expert at this stuff but Rockstar can't just keep delaying literally everything they make and expect it just blow over. One day they have to realize, even though everyone will still buy the game regardless.

yeah it is pretty sloppy that everything they make is delayed. I have no idea why they announced in early January that the cover art was coming if, on the last day of the month they still can't provide it. it just doesn't make sense.

It is not that big of a deal. yes it is a disappointment, but it is only a few months. I think it is funny that this same thing happened to GTA4, maybe they need to work on making sure everything is in order before announcing a timeline to the public.

..and it is stupid to cancel your per-order or refuse to get the game now. that is just cutting your nose off to spite our face. You are not entitled to this game by a certain date and R* owes you nothing but a reasonable return in content for pay.

...but whatever, the game will be awesome and I am happy to see them put a little extra effort into it, even if it means a delay. It gives me a little bit of time to replay SA and VC before 5 comes out.

• Like 1

229 days to go! at least we got a release date... isn't that wat so many people wanted, now you got it

I would rather have no release date and have it released in Spring like planned than wait about 4 months extra. Even the cover art is delayed... Pretty sloppy if you ask me, not that I'm an expert at this stuff but Rockstar can't just keep delaying literally everything they make and expect it just blow over. One day they have to realize, even though everyone will still buy the game regardless.

yeah it is pretty sloppy that everything they make is delayed. I have no idea why they announced in early January that the cover art was coming if, on the last day of the month they still can't provide it. it just doesn't make sense.

That is true, but has everything they released been delayed? I know GTA4 was, but I do not know about their other games. I still do not think they are doing this lightly, they have no reason to upset people even if they know they can get away with it.

The day is not over yet, so we may still get the cover art. I do not see why could not release the cover art today unless they decided to change it or something.

I sold GTA IV when I found out they were making a GTA V. I think I'll buy another copy to tide me over for a few months.

Try some of the older GTA games, they are available on PSN now.

Perhaps we can see this title as a next gen title then. If the rumors about next gen consoles will hit autumn-holiday 2013 are true.

No, that makes no sense. first I really doubt we will see the PS4 this year, and if we did it would not be out by September (it would likely be a December release). secondly I would think it would take a bit longer then a few months to port the game over to a new system. finally even if they do make it for the PS4 there would be no reason not make it for the PS3.

...Hey maybe we will get a new tailor.

Edited by calimann83

Bunch of bastards! :wall:

If I'm honest, I was expecting a delay but certainly not by this much! Really, really disappointed as I got myself worked up and looking forward to spring. Ah well! :no:

I as most people are saddend by the release date but three good things came out of this 1. we got a definte release date which people have dying for. 2 Rockstar has probably has over 4 months to put more shit into this powerhouse of a game and 3. people are going to be so excited that the little things rockstar does wrong no one will notice it because they are taken over by this game

in other fake news R* had delayed there game again so fans blamed EA which said they had nothing to do about this then pointed the finger towards R* whom said a server crashed and the rich people won't stop bugging them which started a delay then a few voice actors got sick and could not come so they all decided to take a break for spring then come back to work later.

this has been fake news which every thing we say is a lie.

NEVER REALLY HAPPEN.

Rockstar games are almost always delayed. I would have thought they would have realized this by now and stopped telling us when their newest games was coming out without being certain.

Not really surprised, I was actually expecting an October release because of the huge delay.

You have to consider though it will be almost two years since the first trailer was revealed to when the game is released.

In the future R* shouldn't be revealing their games that soon.

icon11.gif

I don't get what R* did wrong. They said the game would be released in Spring. They just didn't say which one. Southern Hemispheric Spring is the one true spring. About time you Northern heathens acknowledged that.

lol. i love you. <3

a ) We need to protest a eariler release , they have been working on it since Gta 4 ,

b ) 229 days is way too long :(

a ) yah lets make them rush the game and release it unfinished and gltichy. good idea

b ) No its not.

This is okay, the next few months are pretty tough for me in terms of work load, and this game would only have hindered my real life. Now it will get my full undivided attention in September!

Yeah well that's you. Some of us have school in September....

^this.. I was so excited because i was gonna be on summer break from college, and get to play without having to worry about any school work, now im not sure how much time ill even get to play gta v.

I wonder with Sony and Microsoft releasing next gen console info at e3 this year if gta 5 will still be relevant.

Why release a trailer for a game a full two years away from release.

• Like 2

Haha we got a date but have to wait a little longer than expected. I actually knew the date within the week so this isent news to me. Maybe if i could post status updates or make a thread I could shed some light

We need to protest a eariler release , they have been working on it since Gta 4 , I also recommend people to cancel preorder if possible , 229 days is way too long :(

Cry about it? This game is their property not yours so stop bitching.

• Like 1

I wonder with Sony and Microsoft releasing next gen console info at e3 this year if gta 5 will still be relevant.

Why release a trailer for a game a full two years away from release.

I dont know maybe to raise hype? Did you think that one through?