Fuck this. Wait wait, read this and what could it mean? adding more stuff? or they just can't get the damn game to work right? "we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require."

Fuck this. Wait wait, read this and what could it mean? adding more stuff? or they just can't get the damn game to work right? "we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require."

I think it means that they are having problems with frame rate and bugs most likely.

lol maybe we'll get 4 trailers now just like with gta IV... but look really they have probally been planning this delay for a while now, i believe... i mean they waited til the last second to tell everybody instead of showing the cover art which they said was due, so i think they might have knew about a delay since early January..

• Like 1

lol maybe we'll get 4 trailers now just like with gta IV...

I would like your comment but I can't because "

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I don't get what R* did wrong. They said the game would be released in Spring. They just didn't say which one. Southern Hemispheric Spring is the one true spring. About time you Northern heathens acknowledged that.

Well since they are not over there (Southern Hemispheric) , we expected Northern Hemispheric Spring

I don't get what R* did wrong. They said the game would be released in Spring. They just didn't say which one. Southern Hemispheric Spring is the one true spring. About time you Northern heathens acknowledged that.

so true :lol:...

R* responded www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html

"Hey all, we understand many of you guys are disappointed with this news – unfortunately sometimes such delays are necessary in all forms of entertainment, and especially in the case of a game experience as massive and complex as GTAV. However this does not give you free reign to be abusive in comments. The general rules of common courtesy, decency and behavior as listed above the Comment Box still apply here, therefore anyone continuing to post abusive comments will have their privileges suspended. Also for those of you asking about the official box art, that will be coming out a bit later as well. Thank you all for understanding."

I hate reading negative impulse-comments. Changing a releasedate is a huge deal in the game industry so it's not something they've done lightly. It was something that had to be done in order to bring us the full experince of a game that (I believe) is gonna be a milestone for gaming history. Well maybe not as extreme as a milestone but it will be something special.

Waiting sucks but keep in mind that stuff like this happens alot in an ever-changing industry.

R*: Hey all, we understand many of you guys are disappointed with this news – unfortunately sometimes such delays are necessary in all forms of entertainment, and especially in the case of a game experience as massive and complex as GTAV.
  • Like 1

I have allready wrote that the relation between R* and Take2 is melting, anyone betting that Take2 will be out and R* will be the distributor of their own stuff?

Well, I had a good feeling we would get a release date today.... but I had no clue they would push the game back all the way to September. I'm not even upset about it. There are a some really good games coming out this Spring that I'm interested in playing that would've gotten passed up by me for GTA V.

Well R* loves us and that's why they are doing this. Because they want the game to work great and be awesome. Because they don't want to see us complaining about a shitty game and stuff, so R* decided to delay it. :->

Does this mean it will be out on next gen? I don't want to have to buy a new console -.-

Well I hope no, because I will then hate R*

Does this mean it will be out on next gen? I don't want to have to buy a new console -.-

I don't see a PS4 launch this year.

With the PS3 they announced it in May 2005, and released it in November 2006. With the PS4 they seem to be planning a May/June 2013 announcement so I'd expect it to not be out until late next year.

This is Rockstar, so none of us can really act surprised. I love all the comments on the Newswire: "You just lost a fan! I'm cancelling my pre-order!"

Well, no, you're not. V is going to be an epic game, and bouncing it from spring to fall doesn't change that. We're all still going to line up to buy the game, and saying otherwise is disingenuous.

I wasn't holding my breath for a spring release. I won't be surprised if it misses the September target, either, wailing and gnashing of teeth notwithstanding.

• Like 1