River

The Great Escape (Moss_27 challenge)

is something myself (me in this video) and a few friends do for fun in GTAIV. (using NO CHEATS/MODS!) This should have been a mission for the game for Brucie. It's quite challenging, TRY IT!

The Challenge? Starting a new game and take Roman to the apartment. When it lets you into the world for the first time steal the Sultan RS turbo by driving any car/truck/motorcycle you can steal and drive up to the Alderney Mansion for the Sultan RS (hidden car in the top corner of the map two locked levels up) and returning safely to the original safe house. (NO CHEATS!, no swimming, no taxi rides or subways, no choppers, no boats, no weapons)

This was posted originally as a challenge by (or to?) Moss_27 on a gaming forum a while ago.

River owns you.

ps: All the music on video is original by me.

• Like 1

Nice idea. We could do with some more challenges like this... Make a weekly challenge or something for anyone that's interested to get involved? Also, looking at the video you seemed to have no frame drop issues, even whilst recording and playing full settings. You must have a fairly decent graphics card, what card is it?

Thats a great idea about the challenge. Collecting the rare cars is sort of a game me and some friends play. (from new game starts) Getting the sentinel xs and the sultan st (not the rs, but the korean gang one) is another cool thing to try.

The race is probably one we could all compete on. Just make recordings of the runs up to get the RS and back. Sort of like the MP races but more like a scavenger hunt type thing. This challenge is pretty hard, I can't do it every attempt. (i make it maybe 1/3 to 1/5 of the time)

Radeon HD5700 card capturing using fraps. (i7 870 chip)

Yeah, thats the idea, just race with the clock to get the sultan rs and back. Another one was after stealing the sultan rs how many stunt jumps can you do before returning safely with it for a save. Or, how long can you stay alive while actively driving in a 6 star etc. I made a vid a while back doing some stunts with the dirt bike (sanchez) with no mods or cheats and found some cool spots for challenges or races there also. That cliffs one posted is pretty neat also for an off road race.