If they don't make the controller larger, I won't consider this console. I can't hold the PS3 controller comfortable and if I'm not comfortable I'll only play short periods of time and occasionally. That controller looks to small.

With regards to the discussion above, I'd like to quote my nation's great president, Barack Obama:

"Shit's gettin' waaay too complicated for me."

Anyway, I just may have to switch to Sony this generation. Have had to disassemble my ShitBox far too much in its lifetime.

Getting rid of your old XBOX eh? Looks like you'll be needing this...

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/ContentView%3Fpn%3DToilets%26storeId%3D10051%26langId%3D-1%26catalogId%3D10053&sa=U&ei=_mcTUeDqNtKo0AHHzIH4Dg&ved=0CCMQFjAA&sig2=voMwjam_J0O4183E6ALS5w&usg=AFQjCNFa-J42YRovz0VDxo-OBkSXN6M_nA

Try n' give it some thought this time, don't want you to pick another bad one now do we?

If they don't make the controller larger, I won't consider this console. I can't hold the PS3 controller comfortable and if I'm not comfortable I'll only play short periods of time and occasionally. That controller looks to small.

It's not the size, it's the way you hold it :P (uses that line in the misses >_>)

The controller being more than a simple controller won't work so great unless they are made indestructible, due to games that make people literally smash their controllers in rage.

I want to touch that controller too, but there's only one..

What can we do?

I know! I'll just touch you while you touch the controller. That way we'll both get to touch...

Sounds intriguing. Will your touches mirror what I do to the controller?

I never smash my controller. Thats against the laws of gaming. Smash your couch, or the game case if you must.. but not the DualShock.

Me neither, but there are a lot of people that do.

feb20ps4620x340pxhedimg.jpg

As Sony Computer Entertainment warms up its blue lighting and double-checks its playlist for February 20th, one unnamed SCE official says that the PlayStation 4 will act as more of a home entertainment hub than what we've seen in the past. They added, according to the Nikkei, that the main selling point won't be the rumored eight-core AMD64 CPU or other hardware specs, but how it opens up new styles of play -- something Nintendo is also focusing on. Sony is going to push the new console as a home entertainment "nerve center," with a focus on the hardware's ability to connect and share to mobile devices -- the rival that's pulling gamers away from traditional consoles. No discussion on any Gaikai-powered cloud gaming just yet, but following its unveiling later this month, the report states that the new PlayStation should launch before the end of the year. A bit of a shame, then, that it's still only February.

Source: http://www.engadget....laying-options/

So Sony's main selling point will be its 8-core cpu... Not exactly revolutionary. They better show some outstanding tech demos/game trailers at this feb 20th event if they want my full attention.

But... Then there's this:

ps4-focus-new-playing-options-not-specs-0.jpg?20130208-130542

An unnamed Sony Computer Entertainment executive has revealed that the forthcoming next generation PlayStation - most often dubbed PS4 - won't be focused around high-end specifications and maxed-out hardware, rather new playing options.

The new console is expected to be unveiled during the manufacturer's 20 February New York City press event and that has led to many a speculative stab in the dark as to what it will contain. We've previously heard rumours that it will sport an eight-core AMD processor, and touchscreen controller to replace the traditional DualShocks, but SCE would rather us talk about how it will be the entertainment hub of the home - as Pocket-lint predicts in the latest podcast.

Reported by Japanese business news publisher Nikkei, the new console will open up "new styles of play". There is also talk of it connecting and sharing with mobile devices more than the current PlayStation 3.

It will also, based on a previous rumour that emerged yesterday, feature Gaikai cloud gaming, the service Sony acquired last summer for $380 million.

Pocket-lint will be at the launch of the "future of PlayStation" on 20 February, so will report live on the exciting news that SCE will have to share. Will the PlayStation 4 be the console you're looking for? Or will you hang on for something else? Let us know in the comments below...

Source: http://www.pocket-li...tions-not-specs

It's all rumors at this stage, but what do you guys think the main selling point will be this time around?

I see this going towards more of the smartTV all-in-one integration, expanding on the other content available through the console...TV shows, movies, music, cloud storage, facetime/Skype-like calls, connectivity with phones, tablets, printers, external storage...basically competing for our attention by making it easy to access it all from one interface.

The reference to 'new styles of play' must have something to do with the new controller and profiles, and perhaps mobility and multi-user logins.

• Like 1

It looks like at least three Sony properties will have new game announcements alongside the PS4 next Wednesday. LittleBigPlanet developer Media Molecule has added a mysterious “?” to its list of titles on its website, the contents of which is an embedded YouTube video of Toyah Wilcox performing It’s a Mystery on Top of the Pops.

In addition, Evolution Studios game director Paul Rustchynsky – the man behind PlayStation Vita release MotorStorm RC – tweeted a simple “10 days!” last night, again pointing to Sony’s much anticipated press gathering. That means LittleBigPlanet and MotorStorm join Killzone in the likely list of games to be revealed alongside PS4 next week.

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com...e-hints/0110705

Yeah, i don't think we're ready for fully digital games. That will end the high-street shop. Bluray films are probably considered a big market by now, it's not worth losing a popular format. Even the '720's' rumored to have a blu-ray drive.

Although i guess there is a chance we could get SD or USB slots for 1 terabyte and above capacity, giving us mass storage for our games, meaning the games companies wont be as limited in disc space. Our games may well go back to the cartridge era, but much higher capacity.

Although i guess there is a chance we could get SD or USB slots for 1 terabyte and above capacity, giving us mass storage for our games, meaning the games companies wont be as limited in disc space. Our games may well go back to the cartridge era, but much higher capacity.

That would be ideal, in my opinion. Especially if they offered a blank 1tb drive and gave the console the ability to transfer data from other games' drives onto it.

Every game I own on a single flash drive? A man can dream...