Buy a new one, then send it to me.

In all seriousness, that sucks. It also sounds a bit like the problems I had with my first PS3, the console was fine but the disc reader stopped working. I spent $40 on a new one and swapped it out myself, it's been working fine since.

• Like 1

Not a playstation but my sony blue ray player did the same thing. Thankfully it was a month before the warranty ran out. They sent it to the eastern states. Got it back about 3 weeks later and haven't had a problem with it since. We don't use it to play discs much anymore though.

Not had an issue with mine yet (*touch boner*). But i was expecting a lot of failed consoles after seeing the death rate on both PS3 & 360 last gen. How regular is this issue, or have you not seen much talk about it on the net?

It seems common I read a lot about it on the net. But the fix that's suggested just fixes it for a day or 2 then it starts all over again. I just turned it on here's hoping I can play a full session without my ps4 spitting out GTA V.

I might ditch my PS4. After being unable to sign in to PSN for 3 days, I've been experiencing issues with the disc drive. It just suddenly ejects whatever game disc is in my PS4 then refuses to take anything. It even starts up on its own and ejects even when there's nothing in the console.

I googled the problem and it seems this is the PS4s version of the red ring of death the xbox 360 had years ago. There's a quick fix for the problem though in the weeks since it started, the problem keeps coming back. I called Sony and they said they were aware of the issue and I can send it in and they'll send it back within 3 months.

I'd rather just get a new one though I'm not sure I even want it anymore. I've got an Xbone and the PC version of GTA V will be out in less than three weeks. Anyone else have this problem? It feels malicious too because it usually starts up just as I'm about to fall asleep.

Maybe the problem will be addressed in a model update, but who knows how long that will be.

• Like 1

A friend of mine had this problem with her ps3 and took it to her repaired and they wanted to put a new disc reader in but charged a lot so she used a cd that cleans the inside of the disk drive. It worked fine after that and it cost her £5.

• Like 1

I tried using two of the fixes at once and so far so good. For the first time since Christmas my ps4 hasn't randomly ejected a game in over 24 hours. I'll ride this out and see how long it lasts.

In case you're wondering what I did here's the fix: 1st I held the power button while the ps4 was on until it beeped twice. Next I had to wait until all the lights on the console died, and then unplugged the power and waited 3 minutes.

Next I plugged it back in. This was the 1st fix for this problem that I found online. Before turning the ps4 back on I tried the 2nd fix which worked more frequently even if it only kept the issue at bay for half a day.

I unplugged all the wires from the ps4 itself. USB controller charger, power, ethernet, and HDMI. Waited 10 seconds then pressed the power button. Surprisingly, the PS4s lights up even without being plugged in but only for a second. I waited 5 seconds then plugged all the wires back in and it has been working fine since yesterday. Fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong but I'll keep you posted.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

• Like 2

Dozy, my brother had this problem on his PS4. We took off the cover and tightened one of the screws, hasn't been a problem since.

You basically have to do this, but instead of loosening the screw, tighten it:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5061/~/ps4%3A-manually-eject-a-stuck-disc

Here's another walkthrough:

http://www.playstationing.com/ps4/how-to-fix-ps4-auto-eject-problem/1170

Also, it doesn't void your warranty because you're only removing the superficial cover.

• Like 2

As I was lying in bed last night about to drift off into dreamland and witness the outcome of Stringer and scorpion Avon's battle for the custody of Kima's baby, I heard two loud beeps followed by my PS4 ejecting GTA V.  :angry:

Thanks to Indy I've got another route to take than being PS4less for 3 months or buying a new console altogether. Hopefully this lasts but this is the last time I'll be trying to fix this problem myself.

For about the last month or so, my Ps4 has been randomly turning itself off or putting itself into rest mode quite often. When i try to turn it back on, it boots into safe mode, often turning itself off again before I have a chance to restart. Any ideas what could be causing this? I have a feeling my system is constantly overheating (it's summer where I live and the temp in my room often reaches 30+ degrees celsius.) I've tried putting a fan in front of my console, and it hasn't turned itself off when I've done that. However, I don't really feel like spending the rest of summer with my fan pointed at my PS4 instead of me. Especially if heat isn't the issue.

btw, damn sony and their lack of external power brick

^I'll give that a shot, as it just turned itself off again with the fan facing the front of it (it ejected the disc before turning itself off this time). Hopefully it's just the heat making it spaz out. (The temperature was 29 celsius/ 81 fahrenheit at midnight!)

If worst comes to worst, Australia apparently has 2 year reasonable use warranties on most electronic goods these days, so I'll try and swap it for a new one, or if that fails, send it away for "Service" *shudders*. I've never had a console fuck up on me before.

Edit: A friend just told me that the PS4 eject and power buttons are very heat sensitive, and that is what may be causing the console to randomly eject discs and turn itself off. I guess it makes sense. Probably means I'll have to invest in some good ol' cheap air con if I want to play outside winter    :mellow: . This issue is really starting to highlight some of the PS4's design flaws for me. Just give me goddamn normal buttons, a proper on/off switch and an external power brick.

• Like 2

I saw an ad for an aftermarket cooling fan that attached over the existing exhaust area. I was thinking "wtf? how is that dinky thing selling?" and then I saw plenty of people talking about it overheating. So I guess they didn't design the cooling system too well and any help is good to have.

• Like 1

I really love the new rest mode Sony added in the last PS4 update. Now as soon as you start your PS4 you're dropped into the game immediately as if it was paused while the PS4 was off.

It works with GTA Online too. The only thing is you get booted from the session immediately after starting, go into the clouds and are then dropped in the same type of session you were in while in rest mode.

The Xbone has a similar feature, though I'm not sure how it worked with GTAO. I'm guessing it's just like what I described above.

Does anyone here have the PlayStation TV system mini-console/streaming box, and have you used it to connect to your PS4 remotely? Would like to hear your thoughts on it if you do.

I had the psp and it was a horrid experience... But I havent tried the ps box..... But I think I read some reviews that weren't glowing...

I just got the dreaded NP-36006-5 error, which has something to do with trophy synchronization and prevents me from playing any game.

Apparently, the only way to fix it is by reinitializing the PS4, which basically nukes all your saved game data and application updates. I had upload all my saved data to Sony's servers so I can download all my saves once this ordeal is done and over with.

So now I'm waiting on all of GTAs updates to reinstall before I can play online and hope the snapmatic photos I forgot to upload this morning are still in my gallery. The main one I wanted to upload was a pic of Kuz in my brand new Progen T20 after having crashed into every pedestrian in Los Santos covering the hood in blood and having smashed every window and Kuz flipping the camera off with the meme text reading: this is why you don't let Asians drive your 2.2 million dollar car. I guess you'll just have to visualize it now.

So I won't be playing at all tonight, thanks to Sony's dumb trophies. Time for some Forza on the ol Xbone.