yea, if i could access the PS3 version of GTAV on the PS4 and play it, i would totally jump ship... as of right now, i have a friends wife who is going to call sony and try to get me a replacement system, like she did for my friend... she's a realtor, she can talk her way out a murder sentence if she had to... she once convinced someone at walmart to replace their floor model they bought that had an issue with a new one... he got fired lol :lol:... she's a cute blonde with an innocent voice... it's hilarious...

and i also have a friend that's willing to lend me his system he never uses if he can figure out how to get netflix to run on his old ass mac mini... all he uses his PS3 for is netflix, lol... i might go over there and try to figure it out for him...

the only issue left would be how to get my copy of GTAV out of the system, and my 250GB HDD i put into it... i will have to have her ask sony if i can swap the HDD out with the original so i don't lose it...

so, it's a no go for next gen for me... still gonna wait until fallout 4 or something else before i make the jump...

• Like 1

If gta 5 was on next gen, i would have made the switch.

I cant believe sony or ms didnt offer take two big money for a gtav next gen exclusive. Talk about console seller.

Maybe they did. but they will make more money by releasing it on next gen a little later. same as they do for PC release. that way most people buy it at least twice. If GTAV comes out on next gen I will seriously look at buying it.

I think we would have heard something about it by now if gtav was comming out for next gen... Most people who would buy gta 5 twice already purchased the game...

Give it time, they're maximizing sales on current last gen before they release on next current gen.

PC is a different story, my only reasoning as to why they haven't had any plans for PC yet is because they're figuring out how to make sure nobody can get around micro transactions on PC. I guarantee it.

• Like 1

I cant believe sony or ms didnt offer take two big money for a gtav next gen exclusive. Talk about console seller.

I would rather buy GTA V again for the PC. Mainly for the awesome Mods, which Next-Gen Consoles won't be taking advantage of.

It would be awesome if Sony instituted a "Steam Workshop" style app for the PlayStation 4. Letting you download and install PC Mods for your console games.

I would rather buy GTA V again for the PC. Mainly because of the awesome Mods there will be for this game, which Next-Gen Consoles won't take advantage of.

It would be awesome if Sony instituted a "Steam Workshop" style app for the PlayStation 4. Letting you download and install PC Mods for your console games.

A lot of developers hate mods, that will never happen.

The Internet Browser on the PlayStation 4 is nowhere near as good as a laptops would be, but it's definitely 10x faster than the PS3's Internet Browser.

It's major flaw right now is that it doesn't have a flash player to play videos, so you will have to wait for the PS4 Youtube app before you can use that.

But if you just want to look up a game guide or a forum for some information on a game, it's pretty fast. In game just tap the PS Button, which will instantaneously take you out of the game and onto the main menu, then scroll over to the Internet Icon, then click on it ( it boots pretty fast ). After you're finished with it, close the Internet Browser, and click back on your game, which will bring you instantaneously back into the game. Overall the PS4's User Interface is very smooth and seamless, although it has less features than the Xbox One ( which too me is probably a positive attribute IMO / less features means less things will be buggy, and there is no slow down for the OS ).

Also background loading has to be the best thing so far about the PS4 ( no more long waiting times for downloads and installs ), and downloading and installing happens at the same time now. Plus quick installs for games ( either from PSN or from a Blu Ray disk ) which then keep installing while you begin playing the game. And loading times on games are now much shorter, especially if you have a "Solid State Drive" installed ( which reduces load times by almost half again ).

PS ~ A lot of gamers have not been utilizing the maximum graphical output that the PS4 has to offer. Here's a quick tip to maximize the image quality for your PS4 games.

Go to Settings in the Upper Menu > Then to the Sound and Screen Menu > Then Video Output Settings > Then change the RGB Output to "Full" instead of "Automatic". After that the screen will go black and reboot with a crisper & higher quality picture.

Edit: Most new modern TV's will be able to handle this setting, while older models ( 5 years or older ) might not. But this should result in a better image quality for your PS4 games. Also make sure that your TV's RGB Output is on the same setting.

Edit 2: I'll bet any money that the graphics comparison videos that you see on some of the Game News Websites ( IGN/ Gamespot etc. ) have not been utilizing the best graphical output settings for both Consoles ( X1 & PS4 ).

But this might not matter anyway because of the compression of the picture in these videos ( meaning reduced picture quality ). You really can't tell the difference until you've seen the graphical quality in person.

The PlayStation 4 games I have played so far are COD Ghosts and Assassin's Creed 4 ( I'm still waiting on Killzone: Shadow Fall & Battlefield 4 ), and these look unbelievably good on the PS4, plus they have an ultra-smooth Frame-Rate. I really didn't think that the PS4 games were going to look this good, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality I've seen so far. Future games can only get better from here on out, and I can't wait to see what my PS4 will do with all the great games coming out next year.

• Like 3

Errr, has anybody elses bricked? Friend just got his in, went there to give it a go and the bastard thing bricked downloading some kind of update. There's a fix on /r/ps4 ( <_<) that I sent him and it worked but what the fuck

damn. I'm sort if glad I held back on buying a release console. From previous experience I've learnt to be patient and wait for at least enough time to sort out any major bugs amd wait for decent games. I will be getting warranty thisbtime around, I don't want to be paying for 4 or more consoles this time around.

1. unplug hd [when ps4 is turned off

2. boot console without hdd and it will enter safe mode and ask for hd

3. turn it off and plug in hd and boot console.

4. ps4 will go into safe mode, recover OS data, ps4 should work.

Glad I wasn't the mug who paid for it

Ah well, it's bound to happen to a minority of consoles, it always does.

In other news, PS4 is the "fastest-selling" console in UK's history, ever.

VaVoiK1.gif

Sony's PlayStation 4 is the fastest-selling console in UK history, according to official sales figures.

Chart-Track said PS4 beat the eight-year record held by Sony's PlayStation Portable, which launched in 2005 to the tune of 185,000 sales. PS4 beat Xbox One, which launched on 22nd November, and its predecessor PlayStation 3.

Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Ghosts returns to the top of the software chart. FIFA 14 drops to second "despite strong sales on PS4", Chart-Track said.

Battlefield 4 is in at third. The best-selling PS4 exclusive was Killzone Shadow Fall, which debuted in fourth place - a position boosted by Guerrilla Games' shooter's place in official bundles.

Assassin's Creed 4 drops one place to five. Lego Marvel Super Heroes holds fast in sixth. GTA 5 jumps to seventh. Sales of the PS4 version of Need for Speed: Rivals help Ghost Games' racer speed into eighth. Just Dance 2014 is ninth, and rounding out the top 10 is Batman: Arkham Oranges.

PS4 exclusive Knack debuts at 13 ahead of Super Mario 3D World on Wii U at 14. Yes, Knack sold more than Mario.

Eurogamer

Poor Mario :'( Nintendo need to either release a new console next year, focused on graphics, and simplicity, not giant tablet controllers. Or they need to think about releasing Mario and other Nintendo games on other systems, including phones... Like Sega.

Didn't sega fold as a console producer before they sold their games? I don't think Nintendo need to stop making consoles. The wii was really innovative and paved the way for heaps of shit peripherals from both sony and microsoft. They just need to shift their focus a little. They have been riding Marios coat tails for too long. Time to try something new as far ar their games go.

• Like 1

Nothing since the Gameboy was innovative from Nintendo. They are like that of Disney though, they have the high caliber titles, just very crap consoles to play them on. The DS/3DS/2DS is the only thing keeping their heads above water in the hardware front.

On topic:

iMYAdMT27HSpq.gif

• Like 3

PS4 is what PS3 should have been. Sony is making up for their missteps last generation and its paying off.

Still can't believe knackered outsold Mario.