Yeah they mentioned this in the conference. Each player can have different coloured lights, which can also act as physical health bars too or some shit.

hmm. Must have missed it, the video quality of the conference was pretty shitty.

I said i'd leave it at that, but i changed my mind lol. It was bugging me that i had a couple of details missed out. So i went in for round 3. I'm done wid dis shit now! lol

4qtjtAh.jpg

/edit

Wow, just found this full 3d model mock-up... Pretty similar to mine >_>

kRRNCnG.gif

http://imgur.com/gallery/XHs8q

• Like 2

just took another look at the PS4 specs vs xbox1 specs(since I haven't seen them since a few months ago, and apparently the PS4 ones have been updated for some time now. It looks like MS is leaving the hardcore game focus as fast as they entered, so while MS is wiping casual gamers' sperm from their mouths, I will be purchasing the PS4, or sticking with PC gaming if worse goes to better. Microsoft may have bought my soul through 3 months of free Xbox LIVE, but they didn't buy my penis. I'm saving that for Sony. Not to mention how dead MS's exclusives are...

First of all: DuPz0r your work is freakin amazing, very creative.

I wanna know if anyone else thinks that the 8 gb of GDDR5 in the PS4 are very powerful?

Let's compare it to my pc, where I have my good ol' Radeon 6950HD installed, it has a system clock of 800mhz/1250mhz RAM clock and 2 gb GDDR5.

I can only imagine what the PS4 is capable of, with 4 times the VRAM.

The only thing that's weird, is the terraflops, where my Radeon has 2,25 TFLOPs and the PS3's gpu 1.84 TFLOPs. So in terms of computing power it seems to be less powerfull, maybe some tech guy here can explain it to me?

There are a lot of pro-pc guys which say that the PS4 is already outdated, I always protect it by saying that it's actually quite impressive. And fact is, that consoles don't need that much RAM to play high quality games. The PS3 only has like 256mb of DDR3, look what it's capable of. A pc couldn't even install Windows XP with a mere 256mb, I remember that time. :)

Of course GDDR5 and DDR3 have completely different tasks, so I don't know exactly how it's gonna work with only video RAM?

I wanna know if anyone else thinks that the 8 gb of GDDR5 in the PS4 are very powerful?

Let's compare it to my pc, where I have my good ol' Radeon 6950HD installed, it has a system clock of 800mhz/1250mhz RAM clock and 2 gb GDDR5.

The only thing that's weird, is the terraflops, where my Radeon has 2,25 TFLOPs and the PS3's gpu 1.84 TFLOPs. So in terms of computing power it seems to be less powerfull, maybe some tech guy here can explain it to me?

There are a lot of pro-pc guys which say that the PS4 is already outdated, I always protect it by saying that it's actually quite impressive. And fact is, that consoles don't need that much RAM to play high quality games. The PS3 only has like 256mb of DDR3, look what it's capable of. A pc couldn't even install Windows XP with a mere 256mb, I remember that time. :)

Of course GDDR5 and DDR3 have completely different tasks, so I don't know exactly how it's gonna work with only video RAM?

With the Teraflops part, the 1.84 TFLOPS is just a base line measurement. The PS4 will obviously be overclocked, and will therefore be able to achieve much higher numbers.

With the Teraflops part, the 1.84 TFLOPS is just a base line measurement. The PS4 will obviously be overclocked, and will therefore be able to achieve much higher numbers.

So do you think the hardware of the PS4 is brilliant/good/average/meh by todays standards ?

So do you think the hardware of the PS4 is brilliant/good/average/meh by todays standards ?

With a ranking system of 1 to 10. And with 1 being an old Atari 400, and 10 being a top of the line Gaming PC with something like a Radeon HD 7990 Dual-GPU Graphics Card.

I would say that the PS4 is about a 7.5, and on the same ranking system I would only give the Xbox One about a 6.5.

The X1 is pathetically weak compared to the top of the range stuff that you can see today.

The CPU is fine at 1.84 tflops, it's the gddr5 that will mak all tbe difference, all the high res textures will be held in the gddr cache. Where-as the CPU calculates the positions of vertice points and other background calculations, and they aren't too expensive to calculate in comparison.

With a ranking system of 1 to 10. And with 1 being an old Atari 400, and 10 being a top of the line Gaming PC with something like a GTX 780 Graphics Card.

I would say that the PS4 is about a 7.5, and on the same ranking system I would only give the Xbox One about a 6.5.

The X1 is pathetically weak compared to the top of the range stuff that you can see today.

Hey, atleast it can watch NFL, no? ;)

I wanna see some actual gameplay @E3, on both systems.

Especially Capcom's Deep Down on PS4.

Anyone want to take a guess at console prices? I have a feeling both PS4 and X1 will be competitively priced this time around. I'd say both around the same price. My guess will be in the region of £349-£399. Hopefully not more, otherwise i'll have to put in more hours at work to pay for it.

I'm guessing around 499US$/€ and both will cost around the same, max. + - 50$ difference. Kind of weird to get two new consoles @ the same time frame.

That's another reason why it's a continuing console war. The console creators are clearly having a war of their own.

^ That's great news.

Also, as a Vita owner I'm pretty happy that almost all PS4 games will play on it with the exception of pseye games. The reason I got my vita in the first place was because Sony said we'd get remote play with PS3, which didn't turn out to be as good as I'd hoped. Especially with shit resolutions.

I really hope I'll be able to play any of my PS4 games anywhere, with decent resolutions.

• Like 1

Has it been released yet whether it'll be able to hold exfat or ntfs files bigger than 32gb? Having to move files on my external hard drive all the time just to get it to work is a pain in the arse.

^ That's great news.

Also, as a Vita owner I'm pretty happy that almost all PS4 games will play on it with the exception of pseye games. The reason I got my vita in the first place was because Sony said we'd get remote play with PS3, which didn't turn out to be as good as I'd hoped. Especially with shit resolutions.

I really hope I'll be able to play any of my PS4 games anywhere, with decent resolutions.

They said only over a local network only.

icon11.gif

Probably

their last conference was

ill probably just wait too

when they unveiled ps4 the live stream lagged like a mother fucker. Only had to wait like an hour after it was over to watch it on youtube

Will the conference be on youtube after it's done? The Sony one is at 4:45am here, and I'm not planning on staying up for it.

It will be on the major gaming websites as well, like IGN and Gamespot. Everything will probably be posted on Youtube too...