Sign in to follow this  
ksd07

Saving In GTA 5

Given the size of the map, and the fact that the characters are interchangeable and wander around on their own when you're not playing them, I'd say saving in the pause menu is possible, but still not very likely. The autosave added in IV will likely save more frequently, and you probably won't get much more than that.

• Like 1

I can see it being the same as in Far Cry 3, you'll auto save during missions and be able to save out of missions within the pause menu, but will take you to the nearest checkpoint/safehouse if you re-load, rather than where you actually saved.

Also can see it auto-saving when you switch between characters.

• Like 1

haha i agree, but you want you see that frankil is in a store when you start a mission, and then after the mission you switch to him and he is arguing with his btich of a girlfriend, idk how that would play out realy well. back on saving, i know there will be safe houses, and maybe yauts or hotels, buy what about a campsite like system like in RDR? only that when you leave the site, it stays up and is available until you "pack" it back up. like i set one up, it auto saves, i go searching for bigfoot or something, and i fall of a cliff and die. i spawn back with the same charactor at the time and place of the camp. And you can go win a dirt bike race and drive a few miles back to camp and save. RDR you could only stay at the camp untiil you saved or whatever. I think it would be better to leave the camp up. and if it isnt picked up in a 2 game day period, or visited or something, it gets put back with the player.

you should be able to have a fast travel type mode, and it could be upgraded thruought the game. like it could refill your ammo to an extent, or allow you to change your clothes, like RDR only better. it could also come in handy if there is hunting in the game.

• Like 1

Well, IV had an autosave system but it was shitty. I hated it when I did a couple of stranger missions or shot a bunch of pigeons it didn't autosave so I had to do it all over again. There should be autosaving when you switch characters and CHECKPOINTS DURING MISSIONS! Please! I hate it when I'm just about done with a mission and I die, so I have to start all over again.

• Like 2

Why would it be frustrating. It wouldn't be realistic if they just stand there and scratch their balls until we command them.

You switch to Frank to help evade the cops, turns out, he's also engaged in a cop battle, and gets a fatal shot to the head the second you switch.

Just an example.

Since this map of Los Santos is going to be vast in size, and Dan Houser has already said that there will not be any property purchases available, I think it's pretty safe to say that the game will have an auto-saving feature; I believe, even more efficacious than GTA IV's auto-save, because of the ability to switch characters and the random access missions that will be scattered around the world. How each of the protagonists have their own individual cash stash and weapon loadouts, I think Rockstar knows that they have to make an easier way to back that up. So, I see auto-saves happening even after you switch from one character to another as well.

it will probably be a lot like GTA IV.

what they really should do is screw auto-saving and bring back the ability to buy like 1000 properties like in GTA SA. so i can save a ridiculous amount of cars in garges all around the map and have an unlimited amount of saving location possibilities.

They said they wont want to change anything about the characters or the properties of it.

Its bullshiTT.

CJ (thrown out a police car with only $360 in his pocket. Became a multibilionare by doing missions for hippies. Got 20 girlfriends.

survived multiple enemy driveby's. Killed big pappa wearing a bulletproof vest. Has 50 properties. And became a cop + paramedic.

Just because you can't buy property doesn't mean there will be no safehouses. You may unlock them by progressing through the campaign like in IV. I don't like the idea of safe houses - I mean you're 6 star wanted, you walk inside and the police have no idea where you are and immediately give up the search. Although I guess without it it's a lot harder to evade the police on 6 star wanted. I really hope there is auto-save and it should save whenever you switch character.

They said they wont want to change anything about the characters or the properties of it.

Its bullshiTT.

CJ (thrown out a police car with only $360 in his pocket. Became a multibilionare by doing missions for hippies. Got 20 girlfriends.

survived multiple enemy driveby's. Killed big pappa wearing a bulletproof vest. Has 50 properties. And became a cop + paramedic.

I feel like you were trying to make a point there, but then you didn't.

• Like 1

Just because you can't buy property doesn't mean there will be no safehouses. You may unlock them by progressing through the campaign like in IV. I don't like the idea of safe houses - I mean you're 6 star wanted, you walk inside and the police have no idea where you are and immediately give up the search. Although I guess without it it's a lot harder to evade the police on 6 star wanted. I really hope there is auto-save and it should save whenever you switch character.

That wasn't the case in GTAIV or RDR...

How about instead of losing progress when you die like in RDR, you keep your progress and just lose some cash and all of your weapons. Then saving really shouldn't be an issue.

Possibly even have a side mission where you can go into the police station and get all your shit back.

Impound lot too.

Nahh GTA 4 had it right. id hate to loose all my guns and crap. but GTA5is awseome did bring up that they said you couldnt BUY property, it doesnt mean it can be earned and given to you. I think it realy sucks, myself, but oh well, i just hope the pros outweigh the cons.

idk if this exactley pretains to saving but perhaps have checkpoints in missions im not talking about every 5 seconds but every once in a while in a mission i just hate haveing to drive all the way across the map fight this guy then i die then i have to do that drive all over again

I hope you can save both in Start Menu and at the safe house when you walk in your room and lay in your bed!

Sign in to follow this