NikoLiberty

How big is your TV that you play your games on? (inches)

I got a 47" Philips full HD LCD that I thought was really good except it when it comes to playing newer games on the PS3 - the graphics just go to shit and shake and splinter, making the game unplayable without having an epileptic fit half way through, but it seems to be fine when my son wants to play The Jak and Daxter Trilogy. I haven't had time to try and calibrate the tv to the PS3 properly though so hopefully that's it....

Why 600hz...

He probably thinks the bigger the number the better it is. I personally believe anything over 120 is Overkill, 240hz is preferred if you watch alot of sports.

I use a 42" Samsung LCD.

The ps3 tv allowed you to play 4 player split screen, each player "saw" a full screen because of the high refresh rate.

That would be cool, wasnt 600hz though.

Why 600hz...

He probably thinks the bigger the number the better it is. I personally believe anything over 120 is Overkill, 240hz is preferred if you watch alot of sports.

I use a 42" Samsung LCD.

The ps3 tv allowed you to play 4 player split screen, each player "saw" a full screen because of the high refresh rate.

That would be cool, wasnt 600hz though.

I heard about that tv but the ad for it I saw was for two players.

I will be playing on my gaming tv, a very humble 7 year old Samsung 27" LCD, only does 720p, good enough for this gen, think it needs an upgrade to 1080 for next gen though, I have to say from the thousands of hours use it's had I've well had my moneys worth out of it!

For my Playstation, I use our 42 inch hitachi plasma 1080p-- this thing was extremely high end approx 7 years ago. For my nes, snes, genesis, sega Saturn, I have a about a 30 year old 18 inch tube tv. For whatever reason, this tv is the only one in my house that I don't experience button lag on when retro gaming.

i ordered a refurbished 47" LG 1080p, 120hz LED backlit HDTV for $450... i couldn't pass up that deal... damn you deal sites, why you so good sometimes?!? anyways, i read the reviews for that particular model and they were all very very positive... the only thing is people say it's not true 120hz, it's some kind of upscale thing... but it's not like i'll really notice anyways... when you go from a 32" 720p to this TV, you will be blown away no matter what the specs are...

now i just have to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive... that's also the downside to deal sites :(...

Got a 47" Acer LCD TV that was an absolute steal...five years ago. Comparing it to selection and prices now makes me want to cry. Probably keep it until smart TV tech and prices improve.

The PS2 in the man cave is hooked up to our old 32" Sony, it still works fine.

Got a 47" Acer LCD TV that was an absolute steal...five years ago. Comparing it to selection and prices now makes me want to cry. Probably keep it until smart TV tech and prices improve.

The PS2 in the man cave is hooked up to our old 32" Sony, it still works fine.

*man cave, is a girl. awesome*

49" Inch Full HD Samsung LCD TV in the Living Room, I like LCD for gaming, after reading somewhere it was better for gaming ( can't remember where ). And a 47" Inch Full HD LED Aquos Quatron in the bedroom ( mainly just for TV and Movies ).

I might need to upgrade for something bigger and better when the next gen consoles come out. But with the Ultravision TV's on the horizon, and possibly being affordable by the end of the decade. I might just hold on to what I have now, for the time being at least.

I can't wait to hook up my Gaming PC to an Ultravision TV that can put out a resolution of 4320p ( that's over 32 megapixels ). I think a 60 to 70 Inch model would be perfect for an unmatched gaming experience. :D

I play on something ancient. Not sure exactly of the size but it's from 2003/4 and is a beast, haven't needed to upgrade since then and can display most games fine, even without HD quality.

Won't need to get rid of it for the next few years hopefully.

If anybody gets the new 4K tv's that comes out this summer they need to do an extensive review.

Aah yes I seem to remember reading about this, will probably be one of those 'fads' of technology. I can't imagine it taking off.

You never know though with things like this, I could be completely wrong. It might become the iPod of the TV world hehe.

If anybody gets the new 4K tv's that comes out this summer they need to do an extensive review.

Aah yes I seem to remember reading about this, will probably be one of those 'fads' of technology. I can't imagine it taking off.

You never know though with things like this, I could be completely wrong. It might become the iPod of the TV world hehe.

The resolution on that screen I believe is to be stated around that of a 32 Mega-pixel.

The resolution on that screen I believe is to be stated around that of a 32 Mega-pixel.

Yeah, it's most certainly worth it, I'm just curious as to whether or not it will actually draw people in enough to make money off it.

But hey, look at the iPad. I hated them at first and am posting on one.

I still hate them.

Really.

Even now.

I hate it.

I'd prefer a Microsoft Surface or just a laptop to be honest.

Ultravision TV's will probably be the next major evolution of Home Entertainment ( Other than Multi Media Hubs possibly ). By the end of the Decade I can see them replacing current HD TV's ( Replacing normal HD Plasma, LCD and LED's ), like Liquid Crystal Flat Screens replaced the old Cathode Ray Tube TV's of the 20th Century.

I don't know about the majority of consumers, but gamers and game developer's could definitely create better looking games with 4 x the amount of pixels we currently have on TV's today.

I have a big bulky maybe 50" in my living room, and a tiny 16" in my bedroom. We're getting a 50" LED screen right now actually.

PS: The difference between LED and LCD is LCD works best is well-lit rooms, and LED works well in any room.