NikoLiberty

How big is your TV that you play your games on? (inches)

I was going for that same model TV on Black Friday. They sold out (let people grab them an hour before the designated time <_<), so I settled for a 30" Emerson. Was cheap, and I have no complaints, thus far.

I had a 47" Acer with a screen that got a little banged up in my last move...like six years ago. Couldn't think of a better time to upgrade, so I charmed the 'rents into donating birthday/xmas funds early and matched their amount. After lots of pricing, I nabbed a mint condition 55" Sony Bravia LED HDTV. If that wasn't enough, it's also a SmartTV with 3D capacity. :fap:

My man put in Gran Turismo, I swear it looks like a different game. The SmartTV interface is reminiscent of the PS3, so very familiar. Definitely over the top, but between movies, sports and gaming, it's worth it.

• Like 3

I had a 47" Acer with a screen that got a little banged up in my last move...like six years ago. Couldn't think of a better time to upgrade, so I charmed the 'rents into donating birthday/xmas funds early and matched their amount. After lots of pricing, I nabbed a mint condition 55" Sony Bravia LED HDTV. If that wasn't enough, it's also a SmartTV with 3D capacity. :fap:

My man put in Gran Turismo, I swear it looks like a different game. The SmartTV interface is reminiscent of the PS3, so very familiar. Definitely over the top, but between movies, sports and gaming, it's worth it.

The smart tv is shit, the gui is way to slow to be useful. But samsung is the best lcd you can get imo, and the 3D is nice.

I got a 72" mitzubishi dlp 3D where i play video games. Its nice, but its active three d, and having to keep track of batteries and shit is too irritating so i never use it.

a Samsung that is 75 inches and LED full 1080p HD picture as well as 3D and 240Hz refresh rate.

You could have gotten an 82" dlp for about half the cost, same or better picture quality,

Samsung tvs use active glasses?

I thought they were all passive...

Its a gimmick anyway, its not as good as at the movies...

i am not a 3D fan at all... after seeing quite a few movies in 3D, i still don't get the appeal, plus i can't wear those glasses for 2 hours... i have to take breaks...

Same. But it seems worse playing games. after about 10-15 mins I need to take them off.

• Like 1

55" LCD 1080i bought a few years ago. I like the way LCD looks compared to LED, seems brighter and crisper (more crisp? crispier?)

70" LED Sony has been calling my name though....

I had a 32" Samsung LED up until about a week or so ago. When I first bought it a while back, I didn't realize it didn't have any kind of Audio output plugs (optical, digital output or even the standard red/white rca). So I couldn't hook up my Xbox360 and have the audio come through my Surround Sound system. Total fail. But at the time I wasn't concerned.

That was until I bought and played Red Dead Redemption back in August. That's when I realized TV Audio wasn't going to cut it for GTAV.

So to answer the thread's question, I went to Wally World this past week and bought me a 39" Vizio LED and it's working like a charm.