I don't think Houser meant the change in mechanics is going to be as drastic as people are making it out to be. It's certainly not going to be like Saints Row's; I felt like you couldn't even tap the control stick without making a 90° turn. I believe he said that there aren't really good quality racing games out there, and he believes GTA V's driving mechanics will be so good, it will rival those games. Not be like them.

Plus, by him saying that he felt the cars were "boat-like" in GTA IV, that just leads me to believe Rockstar mostly toned down the sliding a little bit. Judging by trailer #2, I still see all of the cars displaying some good weight to them on hard turns but the sliding is less. Like here:

9jni2h.gif

I feel like in GTA IV, this car would've spun out or slid for an extra 3 seconds (if you can handle it good) instead of sliding to a smooth stop the way it did here.

I know what you mean, trying to drift was pretty difficult in IV because of the exaggerated sliding.

I disagree, the exaggerated sliding made drifting easier...

... and sexy.

It was dead easy to do 180 Degree turns when being chased by the cops, then to hit the gas hard while your still travelling backwards. Then your all of a sudden heading in the opposite direction to the pursuing cop cars, sending them to a screeching halt, making them do slow U-turns to continue chasing me.

An easy way to get rid of the 5.0. B)

I agree. I hope they stop the random lane changing and have the cars blink when they are going to turn. Also make the carwashes more realistic. Also cars pull over to the side when an emergency vehicle is going by. idk how many times im driving a noose hummer and with the lights on and they turn right into me. I hope they add warning lights or some sort of lights on farm vehicles and emergency/ construction vehicles.

• Like 1

It would be good if there was an additional view mode when driving cars, like maybe from behind the steering wheel looking through the windscreen.

P90108961_highRes.jpgshiftgamehud1360x768.jpg

The speedometer could look real good lit up at night ~

audi-r8-v10-spyder-test-drive-2013-medium_5.jpg

And this way you would know how fast you're actually going, because in GTA lV it was hard to tell whether you were going 60 miles an hour or 200 miles an hour. :scooter:

Also customization for the interior of the car, as well as some different custom speedometers would be cool as well.

• Like 2

I disagree^ I thought the muscle car sliding was a good, they just need more rear wheel torque so I can go Vin Diesel on dem white boys.

And again, If you slide pass your turn, try entering the turn slower by breaking before you turn. If you're spinning out, hold the gas and the break at the same time; It locks the wheels and gains stability for whatever reason.

• Like 2

I felt that in the previous Gta it was more boat like! So i would like them to completely redo the Mecanics!

I would like to get into a typical LA traffic jams at certain hours, would be fun etc and make u think about actual plan at which hour to make a mission.

I definitely think the more realistic, the better. But that's just my opinion. GTA IV's driving but less soft and floaty (not all car's handle like Oldsmobiles from the 1970s :P ) I'll be happy. My big problem was the AI. I too drive like a civilian sometimes and find it really annoying that the AI treats you like an obstacle when you stop at a red light and goes around or crashes into you. The only time I see both the reverse lights working on my Marbelle is when I'm backing out of the Pay n' Spray because I get rear-ended at the first intersection 99% of the time. The AI needs to be a bit smarter and generally do a better job at following traffic laws.

And as joealmont said, the some of the traffic lights are backwards but this is only at 3-4 intersections that I've noticed.

Damn I Would do the same thing will the same car hah I don't know why I liked driving that car anyway..

I would like to get into a typical LA traffic jams at certain hours, would be fun etc and make u think about actual plan at which hour to make a mission.

I'd imagine that would be an interesting part of a heist. Speeding away in the getaway vehicle, you get on the freeway only to find that it's a parking lot. A mile or two ahead, the heatwave distorts the sun's glint off of hundreds of roofs. The sirens are getting louder...

• Like 1

I'd imagine that would be an interesting part of a heist. Speeding away in the getaway vehicle, you get on the freeway only to find that it's a parking lot. A mile or two ahead, the heatwave distorts the sun's glint off of hundreds of roofs. The sirens are getting louder...

Makes me remember the high-speed pileups I would cause on the loop around LV with a single remote charge. I bet we'll see something exactly what you just described, but even more intense now that there's an in game score.

I wonder how street vehicles will handle off road now, and vice versa. because in IV it was utter shit.

I wonder how street vehicles will handle off road now, and vice versa. because in IV it was utter shit.

Try taking a Honda Civic offroad sometime; you might actually find IV to be rather forgiving in contrast.

• Like 1

Hello, according to Rockstar and IGN, the cars are now more, "grippy". Here is a quote,

"I gingerly thread my way into the traffic bustling down the freeway towards the city. The road is thick with semi-trailers rumbling into Los Santos. The distinction between GTA V and GTA IV’s vehicle handling is immediately clear; carving my way through the throngs of 18-wheelers the low-slung supercar feels more sure-footed and grippy than similar models in GTA IV. It’s more responsive, but without erring towards feeling too superficial or light."

And especially after watching all the advertisements and trailers I can now say that I am extremely worried that the car physics/handling will be similar to San Andreas. What do you think? Thank you very much for your time.

Insightful.

edit*

So far everything convinced me about the game apart from the driving .I know that every reviewer and R* employee said it can rival to any racing game but to me seems too....twitchy.

I want to be wrong so i can't wait to actually see for myself how the cars handle.

• Like 1

This isn't related to the cars, but the aircraft and how they handle. I'm hoping that they're somewhat difficult to control (thinking of Battlefiled 3). Not super hard but take a little skill to get used to, or possibly wind affect how they handle and turbulence pops out of no where, maybe so bad that you end up crashing.