I am just curious to hear all of your thoughts on this as I am really hoping the driving is really better than GTA IV. How will it be improved?

I hope it's realistic. If it's anything like MC:LA or Mafia II I'll cry myself to sleep for a month.

Isn't there already a topic for this?

• Like 1

I hope it's realistic. If it's anything like MC:LA or Mafia II I'll cry myself to sleep for a month.

Isn't there already a topic for this?

I have searched, and I found nothing related to this.

I wouldn't mind if they kept the driving mechanics the same, I got pretty good at moving fast while avoiding cars at the same time. What I do want them to change is the AI driving. No more random lane changing please. I've even seen two cars right next to each other try to get into the other's lane. Chaos I tell you.

• Like 9

have yall been livin under a rock? Rockstar have already confirmed they redid the driving mechanics so it drives more like a racing game sorta like need for speeds driving

• Like 1

Hope they change the AI driving completely like peachy said and they make turns more realistic. I see it doesn't turn good like in IV where it went into the other lane

Hope they change the AI driving completely like peachy said and they make turns more realistic. I see it doesn't turn good like in IV where it went into the other lane

Yeah, and when you wanted to obey the traffic laws, there always was an AI to crash to your rear bumper on the traffic lights.

i hope they change the AI driving. it always pissed me off when i would be speeding past all these cars on the bridge in gta 4 and all of a sudden one car merges and makes me spin out and crash.

• Like 1

i hope they change the AI driving. it always pissed me off when i would be speeding past all these cars on the bridge in gta 4 and all of a sudden one car merges and makes me spin out and crash.

True

have yall been livin under a rock? Rockstar have already confirmed they redid the driving mechanics so it drives more like a racing game sorta like need for speeds driving

Doesn't hurt anyone to talk about it

No I have not.

R* wasn't that specific. There are hundreds of racing games out there and they all drive differently, Including all NFS titles. Hot Pursuit's driving feels nothing like Shift 2. -_-

Im fine with flying cars, random car appearances, and cars flipping over with a normal real life turn but please.... Make the AI drive good

Remember when you would speed up and down that highway on the left island in Vice City, from the docks to downtown, and a random car would always appear, stuck to the bottom of that one bridge?

We need more of that.

• Like 1

I think the driving of GTA IV was solid -- real solid. I'd be happy with that same mechanic. All they have to do, if anything, is tone down the sliding of these vehicles on sharp turns. At least with specific vehicles. I understand if I hit a sharp turn with a Muscle car, I may fishtail or spinout; but that shouldn't happen as easy when I'm mashing a Sports car.

I agree with the need to fix the AI. Another thing, on top of what was said here, is sometimes I like to drive like a civilian; stop at the light, roll with the flow of traffic and etc. It would be nice for me to be at a redlight and the AI driver behind me doesn't ram the rear end of my vehicle.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if they kept the driving mechanics the same, I got pretty good at moving fast while avoiding cars at the same time. What I do want them to change is the AI driving. No more random lane changing please. I've even seen two cars right next to each other try to get into the other's lane. Chaos I tell you.

I second that, for the no more random lane changing part.

It's like the motherfuckers are intentionallly trying to cut you off, and get in your way when they see you coming along behind them.

It takes me like 10 minutes just to get across one of the bridges in GTA lV. Just because after someone cuts me off, I have to park my car so it blocks the road infront of them, I then get out and shoot the driver, as well as any passengers who are also in the car, along with anyone honking their horns at me. This ends up happening multiple times to me before I finally get off the bridge. And ofcourse the police interfere with my efforcement of other drivers road etiquette, and I end up having to correct them as well. It drives me crazy. :crazy:

All in all it would be much easier if the traffic in GTA V was better, compared to the aggravating crash into my car ( just after I visited a Pay N Spray ) every second of GTA lV. Accept it would be ten times worse because Rockstar's bringing back Car Modification for V. So your car which you just spent 1000's of dollars on get's rammed seconds after you modded it, wouldn't that piss you off? :wall:

• Like 2

And ofcourse the police interfere with my efforcement of other drivers road etiquette, and I end up having to correct them as well. It drives me crazy.

LMAO, that's funny shit.

• Like 1

^^ I wonder how the submarine will be controlled too and if you can actually use it whenever or for a mission. Jet ski I think you can use whenever and will have same car controls

I'll be on a bicycle the whole game if it is possible

I second that, for the no more random lane changing part.

It's like the motherfuckers are intentionallly trying to cut you off, and get in your way when they see you coming along behind them.

It takes me like 10 minutes just to get across one of the bridges in GTA lV. Just because after someone cuts me off, I have to park my car so it blocks the road infront of them, I then get out and shoot the driver, as well as any passengers who are also in the car, along with anyone honking their horns at me. This ends up happening multiple times to me before I finally get off the bridge. And ofcourse the police interfere with my efforcement of other drivers road etiquette, and I end up having to correct them as well. It drives me crazy. :crazy:

All in all it would be much easier if the traffic in GTA V was better, compared to the aggravating crash into my car ( just after I visited a Pay N Spray ) every second of GTA lV. Accept it would be ten times worse because Rockstar's bringing back Car Modification for V. So your car which you just spent 1000's of dollars on get's rammed seconds after you modded it, wouldn't that piss you off? :wall:

Did R* confirm car modding is returning?