JC10

Where do you guys work?

Air Freight Handling. Its all office stuff, dealing with freight forwarders, drivers, phones, processing import and export documents, manifesting, data entry, assisting in customs clearances, handling shipment payments. We handle up to 150 tons of freight per day. Its not hard but theres alot of multitasking and everybody is underpaid. I need to get back into Architecture.

I would love to be a web designer but that won't ever happen.

Buy the related literature first and give it a read through. HTML for dummies won't run you much, then you can move onto more in depth books and implement other languages.

Web design IS one of the things you can become proficient in at home without training then get yourself onto a course and get qualified.

I work at a motorcycle shop run by my uncle. AMAZING pay for a teenager, as well as free parts for my dirtbike, so long as I pull them from the boneyard. It has really helped me learn more about fabrication and te specifics and eccentricities of different engines. We get quite a lot of business, as we take on a lot of projects no other shops will, especially a lot of custom made parts or fabrication (i.e. fitting a set of automobile turbos on a GSR or redesigning a Harley frame to accept a 350 Chevy v8---I've done 10 this year).

• Like 1

I would love to be a web designer but that won't ever happen.

Buy the related literature first and give it a read through. HTML for dummies won't run you much, then you can move onto more in depth books and implement other languages.

Web design IS one of the things you can become proficient in at home without training then get yourself onto a course and get qualified.

You can't really make a career on web design though, I don't know any real 'web designers' that do web design alone, the trend these days in companies are the so called 'front-end developers' - people that take care of the design while at the same time make sure client interaction works and information is displayed in an intuitive way, a front-end developer should be specialized in various javascript libraries such as jquery, knockout.js, etc... they basically plug the back-end with the front-end.

Problems a web designer/front-end developer face in the modern economy: are they REALLY needed? I'd love if companies employed these people full time, but it's simply not profitable... when a project manager see's a programmer/developer with a knack for design, that guy is probably going to get all the work (and be paid accordingly - I hope ;)), unless the project is truly big (in profit terms), companies don't see a point in assigning design specific people.

Web design, like any sort of 'x design' is an extremely competitive market, the people that triumph in the design world are the best at what they do, there isn't much room for others.

And I'm rambling again.

Anyway, I work as a web developer in the financial industry, previous to this I did some cryptography work (a lot of my work goes into web security). Although most of what I do is code heavy, I can also dwell into design (HTML5/CSS3).

My dream is to one day cash out, buy a boat and travel the seas like a big gay sailor.

• Like 1

Studying medicine... it's long and hard! Like my penis.

Anyway, I would love to be a surgeon (especially in plastics... yay fake titties!), but i'm competing with some of the smartest people in the country and i've never been one to apply myself fully. Because i'm a lazy fuck. And I spend far too much time on here.