GSF4LIFE

Console choices; A little help here?

Its all a matter of preference. I have friends who own both consoles, and one always sits there gathering dust. They tend to prefer certain controllers or games. I find that people that love competitive play seem to like xbox because of their 'premium' multiplayer social aspect. I find people that like ps3 prefer the story driven single player games and a free multiplayer network on the side... its a pattern i've noticed in friends and online alike.

I just thought about that and you're so right. Everyone I talk to who plays Xbox are multiplayer junkies and the people I know who have a ps3 are almost all people that love story driven games. What a weird pattern

Steam box seams cool if I can play that game killing floor on it with a hundred people like I did on PC I will buy that.

It's since been confirmed that the device in that video is not the Steam Box, which is good news because the price of that Piston thingy is about $1000. The actual Steam Box (whenever it comes out) will be priced to compete with the next gen consoles.

It's since been confirmed that the device in that video is not the Steam Box, which is good news because the price of that Piston thingy is about $1000. The actual Steam Box (whenever it comes out) will be priced to compete with the next gen consoles.

Those specks seem like a pretty good deal IMO.

Can you buy any steam games on the steam box though?

Depends on the hardware as to whether it will be able to run it, but I'd imagine they will develop it so that it can run the majority of games on at least medium settings.

get the system all your friends have, that is, if you have any friends... always play what your friends play so you can play with them... problem solved, end of discussion :P...

but most of it's been covered already... XBOX for multiplayer, and first person shooters like halo and CoD... go with PS3 if you want free multiplayer, an arsenal of 1st party games, and blu-ray...

and controllers are controllers... you can have your preference, but it's easy to adapt to a new one... everyone that complains about that are too stubborn to get used to the new controller... all it takes is time... i love the PS3 controller because i've been using it since i was little kid playing on the PS1... XBOX does feel a lot bigger in my mitts but it's not like i can't kick someone ass at halo because of it...

I bet that guy never comes back to this topic to see if anyone responded.

He's not coming back. Probably doesn't even realise the topic was moved.

I think the 360 has better triggers on its controller. I hope PS4 fixes that.

Either way, you'll be happy. Both Systems are great. Both have pros and cons, but you won't be disapointed. Main thing is to get what most of your friends have, but be careful.. don't spend too much money, the new consoles are right around the corner if you plain on getting one.

I have a feeling the PS3 ultra-slims are gonna be like the PS2 slims. They'll last for ever. That's just a feeling mind. I don't own one. They just look like one of those cheap consistent machines.

I don't much follow the release timeframes of the new xbox and PS4. But my 360 just took a shit on me so I'm using my roommate's. I don't really know if its worth it to buy a PS3 at this point with the new consoles coming out potentially soon(?)...but I want to have a system of my own so I dont have to use his. My 360 is super old so I dont think there's really any saving it :(

I don't much follow the release timeframes of the new xbox and PS4. But my 360 just took a shit on me so I'm using my roommate's. I don't really know if its worth it to buy a PS3 at this point with the new consoles coming out potentially soon(?)...but I want to have a system of my own so I dont have to use his. My 360 is super old so I dont think there's really any saving it :(

Are you a PC gamer?

Are you a PC gamer?

Unfortunately not. So with the timing, I'm in quite the debacle.