Sign in to follow this  
JamieMilne

Second Hand Gaming Block - Sony/Microsoft

I think its a mistake to be honest. I read a statistic somewhere that the used game market was significantly larger than the new game market because you can walk into game stop pretty damn often and buy a used game that's just come out in absolutely mint condition for $5 cheaper than the new version. The only difference is its been played and isn't in the shrink wrap.

Honestly if good well grounded information comes out the Sony are seriously planning this, the smart thing for Microsoft to do would be stay well away. Gamers that rely on used/rental games aren't going to buy Sony's brand new piece of shit that doesn't even fucking work to pay full price for games when Microsoft put out a console that will play used games. Add to the fact Sony haven't exactly been doing well these past few years (made a loss on the PS3 for ages and their other divisions such as TV are in the fucking toilet) and Sony may well pull a Dreamcast.

Yeah, bullshit like this can be worked round on PC. Capcom tried it with Dead Rising 2. Allowed you to install game but couldnt save shit cos it had to be linekd to a live account and the code was used. Cracked it in less than a minute and went about my business.