Sign in to follow this  
King Diamond

Has anyone heard anything about using rope in GTA 5?

Ever since playing Red Dead Redemption I have thought it would be incredible to be able to have some similar rope mechanics in GTA.

Maybe not hogtie exactly, but tie a knot around someone's ankle and tie the other end to the back of your car. That would be incredible. It would surely be a fun way to dispose of prostitutes and the homeless.

I would also love to be able to kidnap someone and stuff them in the back of the car a la Sleeping Dogs, but that may be a separate topic.

Lets stick to the discussion of rope. I see you rappel down the sides of buildings for missions, so it might not be so far fetched.

• Like 1

Ooh I have a fellow Mercyful Fate fan here eh? I still hold out hope for Curse of the Pharoahs to show up on the metal station in a GTA game lol.

Yeah on topic boss, I think Trevor seems like the kind of crazy SOB that could use some rope along with his gas cans.

Nice. Posted there.

Hey dude has anyone heard if there is a subway in Los Santos?

There were subway stations in SA, and trains are already confirmed so it wouldnt be to much of a longshot to say that we'll see a system.

Someone mentioned before that we might see handcuffs in place of rope, which would be pretty decent but would most likely eliminate the vehicle dragging :/

• Like 1

Practical, schmactical. There are always fun different melee weapons in each game, I could see Trevor having rope to tie someone up or to train tracks, or string them up by the neck.

It's a stretch, but I've often wished for Rico's grappling hook & parachute combo from Just Cause 2 in a GTA game.

• Like 1

Nice. Posted there.

Hey dude has anyone heard if there is a subway in Los Santos?

There were subway stations in SA, and trains are already confirmed so it wouldnt be to much of a longshot to say that we'll see a system.

Someone mentioned before that we might see handcuffs in place of rope, which would be pretty decent but would most likely eliminate the vehicle dragging :/

Yes to the handcuffs.

It would also be nice if there were legcuffs for their feet as well, which could then be connected to the handcuffs by a chain ( like the Police use on aggresive people in custody ). With this and the ability to pick up the hogtied victim. You could then put them in the trunk of your car and take them somewhere else for further amusement. For instance some Train Tracks or a Shark Tank. :clap:

• Like 2

YES!!!

We are all on the same page here. :)

Kidnap someone and blow up the car on the top of Mt Chiliad with them in the trunk!! :)

I tried to quote the awesome Manhunt vid on my iPhone and accidentally may have pressed Report on accident! My bad if so. Total accident. That video was awesome!!!

kidnap someone then drive down to the pier at night and toss them into the water and let them drown because they cant swim with their hands tied behind their back.and just wait for a shark to "clean up" the remains. and just drive off hunting for your next victim to do more cruel things too lol. rope/and or handcuffs would be awesome in gta 5.

• Like 1

Can I get a stun gun or taser? Hows about a cloth full of ether? Or maybe a syringe full of... knock out juice?

Chloroform Rag sounds good.

Also I read a Biography about a Mafia Hitman called 'The Iceman', and in the book one of the more ingenious methods he used to kill some of his targets was to put a fast acting poison in a spray bottle. He would then approach his target and spray them in the face with it. They would be dead before they even knew what hit them. :P

If rockstar are smart I reckon they'll include something like a rope or chain. Surely they have heard how many of us want the option to put people in the back of the trunk too right? (I know, we are some sick people) I do actually recall them saying something about empty cargo space was actually going to be of use this time around...

If rockstar are smart I reckon they'll include something like a rope or chain. Surely they have heard how many of us want the option to put people in the back of the trunk too right? (I know, we are some sick people) I do actually recall them saying something about empty cargo space was actually going to be of use this time around...

if they only have a certain amount of guns you could use at one time it would be cool to be able to put the weapons that you can't carry on yourself in the trunk of the car.

• Like 1

if they only have a certain amount of guns you could use at one time it would be cool to be able to put the weapons that you can't carry on yourself in the trunk of the car.

Until you realize having a car full of guns is a bad idea while you are plummeting off a cliff, cops shooting at you and bonnet blazing.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this