DiO

New Screens.....SUBMARINES, DOGS AND SHARKS! OH MY!

Thats right, Trevor did not exist a year ago (we didnt know about him), and now, 90% of comments and popularity are focused on Trevor madness. Im anxious to see 3rd trailer (in 3 months or later) and to know more about the game, there must be middle size towns and I have the secret wish to visit something like San Diego Zoo.

shit list. enough said

Show me 1 thing they've done recently that is shit list worthy.

I'm going to asume it's more of a GTA fan site rivalry kinda thing.

shit list. enough said

You're back to the bottom of the totem pole. I now like pieface better than you.

They're not a fansite, they don't even have a website. They just spit out any rumor about gta they can to get $ from google.

but it definitely isn't taking us to another major city.

I don't think you can be so certain about anything.

I know it's pretty unlikely Rockstar would introduce another city so late in the game, but anything is possible.

Either way I still think Rockstar is hiding a lot more important information then we think. So far they haven't revealed anything about GTA V that is truly game-changing and different from the previous GTA's. So whatever surprises they still have up their sleeves, we probably won't be seeing them untill the game is finally released. And I myself can't wait. :D

you control three characters and can switch between them at any time that is different from previous gta's

There were three main characters in GTA lV and it's Episodes and you could switch between them at anytime as well.

So I state again, that we really haven't seen any major game-changing mechanics in the information released about GTA V yet.

And I think that they're probably still hiding some major elements of the game till closer to the release date. :whistle:

Couple of things: Regarding Chop, I believe she is, indeed, a bitch. And in the upper-right corner of the Chop screen, the same liquor store sign is visible as in the artwork of Franklin and Chop.

If you don't know why they're on the Shit List, you haven't been paying attention over the last year.

I said recently. They did put out alot of noobish shit when they started they're channel but they were new. They've improved alot imo.

shit list. enough said

You're back to the bottom of the totem pole. I now like pieface better than you.

They're not a fansite, they don't even have a website. They just spit out any rumor about gta they can to get $ from google.

What a shame, and here I thought you learned to accept that I don't agree with everything you say.

That was the idiot who saw a horse in the reflection of the cop car in the first trailer. And as said they've spit out all kinds of crap. It's a n00btube gta v channel.

Yeah, he was being a bit too open minded with the Horse thing but I don't that's enough to ban them. Again, that was a long time ago.

I understand that some of you dislike them but all I'm saying is I've seen worse.

@BlackSox: You could not switch between Niko, Luis or Johnny without reloading a new game or different disc...it looks like we'll be able to move between the trio in V effortlessly at any time during gameplay, including within certain missions. That's a big evolution of the three MCs from IV, who were only seen together in a few mission cutscenes. That counts as a major mechanics change in my books. Obviously R* isn't revealing everything yet, I don't get why you are trying to downplay what they have shown us to date.

@Kuz: I personally like it here because the staff censors shit from other shitty noob rumour sites that try to hype nothing into something.

• Like 1

@BlackSox: You could not switch between Niko, Luis or Johnny without reloading a new game or different disc...

@Kuz: I personally like it here because the staff censors shit from other shitty noob rumour sites that try to hype nothing into something.

^That, and ^that.

Couple of things: Regarding Chop, I believe she is, indeed, a bitch. And in the upper-right corner of the Chop screen, the same liquor store sign is visible as in the artwork of Franklin and Chop.

in the artwork, chop is on a chain leash. in the shot, a pink collar..... maybe pet customization?

but it definitely isn't taking us to another major city.

I don't think you can be so certain about anything.

I know it's pretty unlikely Rockstar would introduce another city so late in the game, but anything is possible.

Either way I still think Rockstar is hiding a lot more important information then we think. So far they haven't revealed anything about GTA V that is truly game-changing and different from the previous GTA's. So whatever surprises they still have up their sleeves, we probably won't be seeing them untill the game is finally released. And I myself can't wait. :D

you control three characters and can switch between them at any time that is different from previous gta's

There were three main characters in GTA lV and it's Episodes and you could switch between them at anytime as well.

So I state again, that we really haven't seen any major game-changing mechanics in the information released about GTA V yet.

And I think that they're probably still hiding some major elements of the game till closer to the release date. :whistle:

actually, you couldn't switch between characters at any time. you could switch between the main game, and two additional dlc's that just happened to have a different playable character. So I state again, regarding your comment on nothing game 'changingly' different from previous gta's. You can switch between 3 characters at any time, the whole map is open from the start. So there is two completely new features in a gta game.

Better be able to get all this aircraft (and submarine) on multiplayer.

I'm really looking forward to that cargo plane/747 being in.

in the artwork, chop is on a chain leash. in the shot, a pink collar..... maybe pet customization?

Hm. That would be interesting. Totally unnecessary and frivolous, but really interesting.

@BlackSox: You could not switch between Niko, Luis or Johnny without reloading a new game or different disc...it looks like we'll be able to move between the trio in V effortlessly at any time during gameplay, including within certain missions. That's a big evolution of the three MCs from IV, who were only seen together in a few mission cutscenes. That counts as a major mechanics change in my books. Obviously R* isn't revealing everything yet, I don't get why you are trying to downplay what they have shown us to date.

The PS3 plays Blu Ray disks, so that means only one disk for GTA lV and it's two DLC's ( DLC or in the Game of the Year Edition ). So after inserting the Blu Ray disk you are given the option of which game you want to play. Which is either GTA lV with Nico as the playable character, The Lost and The Damned with Johnny, or The Ballad of Gay Tony with Luis. After choosing which game you want to play, which are all based in the same world of Liberty City ( with some subtle differences on Safehouses and such ). It's pretty easy then to just quit the current session and load up one of the other games which features a totally different protaganist.

All of this is pretty comparable to GTA V's new 3 Main Protaganist Feature, and ofcourse I know there is more trouble switching between characters in lV then there will be in V. And the stories are more closely related/interlinked in V then just the cameo appearances of the other characters in cutscenes as in lV.

But in the end both games end up having three playable characters existing in the same game world ( GTA lV Liberty City/ GTA V Los Santos ). I don't know how much clearer I need to be, to make my point about the comparison.

What I'm saying here is that Rockstar are basically taking the 'Three Main Characters Feature' that was in GTA lV Game of The Year Edition, and implementing them into a single game ( GTA V ) without the need for DLC or seperate menus, and connecting the characters in a more intimate relationship structure. Which isn't new, but more of a fitting evolution of, and refinement from GTA lV's Liberty City and it's three characters stories told in that city.

And lastly I am downplaying what Rockstar has shown us so far, because in my opinion the new heist mechanics seem a little bit underwhelming at the moment. And I feel since Rockstar have yet to release any past GTA ( or any game for that matter ) that is anywhere near underwhelming, that there has to be more than what they have shown us so far ( and there almost certainly is more to the game than we know about ).

I don't know exactly what Rockstar's intention is with GTA V or what they're still hiding. But whatever/however it turns out to be, I hope that everyone will be satisfied with the end results. :D

PS reply to JaimeMilne. I agree, having the map open from the beginning is a new feature, but I wouldn't say it's a welcome one.

Having parts of the map blocked off from the beggining created a sense of mystery in the past GTA's as to what was beyond the barricades and 5 Star Wanted Levels. It was always satisfying ( to me at least ) to unlock different sections of the map one by one as I progressed through the story.

Anyway this change isn't that big of a deal for me either. It ultimately won't change the gameplay for me in any meaningful way.

Well, I bought Episodes from LC on a separate disc, so it would be a little more fuss loading different characters, but I see where you are coming from. It doesn't lessen my anticipation, though, knowing V is an evolution and intregration of the trio elements from IV. It's R*, after all. At the same time, you can't dismiss gameplay for not being revolutionary enough until you've tried it. :)

And I happen to agree with you about the map. There's nothing quite like that moment when you finish a turnkey mission only to discover you can finally explore a whole new region of the map.

• Like 2

Don't even ask how i noticed this...but Chop's a male. hahaha

here is proof

trailer-2-dog-chasing-him-down.jpg

If you still don't believe me watch the trailer again at that part, also notice the different collar

If Max Payne 3 wasn't made GTA 5 would be out a year ago

Don't even ask how i noticed this...but Chop's a male. hahaha

here is proof

trailer-2-dog-chasing-him-down.jpg

If you still don't believe me watch the trailer again at that part, also notice the different collar

Some female dogs have that but it isn't that big like chop's, so chop must be a male.

And also very funny that they put that detail in.

I think this screenshot s taken somewhere close to the trainstation.

post-12272-0-11166100-1356967738.jpg

could maybe get a new screenshot today or tomorrow. based on the past two years.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19961/happy-new-year-from-rockstar-games.html

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/2641/see-you-in-2010.html

probably not, but something to look out for