Sign in to follow this  
Psy

Website Feature Requests

Not a big fan of the bevels and the perfectly rounded shape. Looks too smooth and plain. In a way I also agree with Demon that the blue looks a bit offputting, but at the same time it needs to be blue to match the site. Obviously having something 'sticking out' of it in full colour, like the San Andreas banner would be ideal but we don't have much we can use for that. Not a big fan of the font either.

Along the right lines though. The general feeling is that GTA 5 is gonna be set in LA/San Andreas again, so maybe use some screenshots from SA (landscape) or some real photos of LA which have been modified to look like a game.

We're gonna have to change it eventually anyway but for now we just need something that goes with the template better than the current one.

I think if there was a character we could use on the left side of the banner, who's width is just the same size as the left navigation bar (so he's kind of standing on it, or popping out the top of it) a bit like the http://www.gta4.tv banner then that would look pretty cool.

Yeah after taking a sleep, i actually hate the last banner i just made xD i made it at 2am and it shows! dunno what i was thinking last night. I normally create clean flat images. Went overboard on the bevel lmao! One think i do like is the images i used in it. I prefer them to some of the ones in the last banner.

anyway, i might have a go later at something a bit more standard. Also, you definitely want the blue saturation right?

I think it needs to have blue so it fits with the rest of the site colour scheme, but save it as a PSD with layers and I can always tweak it if needs be. The only thing I'd say about the imagery you used was it seems more like NYC than LA. Maybe get something of the golden gate bridge etc.

Modified version of the current banner. Needs a bit of work, particularly to make it show the header navigation, but it's an idea.

igta5_blue_logo.jpg

I prefer the coloured text on the unsaturated background tbh. Maybe you could mess around with a few more images though. The one on the left has the overhead track which is very iconic to NYC.

Why not try going down the "Super Dry" style route. Use radio logos and sprunk branding etc in the banner? Could be interesting... Just an idea.

/edit

For example:

igta5banner3_2.png

Yeah something like that could work. Maybe not overdoing it though but it's a good idea. Where did you get the graphics from?

I just googled the ones i could remember and stuck them in myself. Obviously it'd make sense to add ones that you think would most likely make it into GTA V. Things like brand will definitely make it in. Radio station are a bit more risky, but I'm sure some of them will make a comeback.

Ok i promised i would go back and have another go at the banner thing. I got the bridge in there and tried to give it that San Andreas feel with the orange. then i thought well it needs blue to fit the website, but blue didnt feel right, so i just did a gradient... what do you think?

iGTA5Banner.jpg

• Like 1

That looks awesome to me. Only thing is the trees in the middle make it look like there's two images next to each other. Doesn't look like it blends well, plus with the placement of the text it just makes it look like 2 seperate images. Perhaps need to reposition the text, but I really like it. Did you save it as a PSD? And also is it possible to extend the bottom of the banner by another 50 pixels or so to incorporate the navigation links? Or did you crop everything to size?

Only thing that really needs fixing is the trees in the middle really. If you can get rid of them and stick something else there with the orange -> blue gradient then I think we're onto a winner.

Good work.