In the 2nd trailer and an artwork we can see "iFruit: iPhone, iMac"

What will we be able to do with those devices?

Will we get and iFruit music device or an iFruit Tablet?

I think the Computer will be usable with an GTA version of mac's OS X.

I doubt the phone gets an iOS lookalike, but a menu with all the options on it like GTA IV.

post-12272-0-95878000-1355004335.jpg

post-12272-0-11165600-1355004348_thumb.j

post-12272-0-59967400-1355004392_thumb.j

I doubt it will work any differently than the computer and phone in IV, other than the phone options R* places on the map instead. Fairly certain the computers in IV were iFruits, too. Phone... Meh, who gives a shit. Looking like an Apple OS? Unless you're a hipster douche, or have shit taste in electronics (which tend to go hand-in-hand), why bother?

As for the music player - doubt it. Music is better kept to the radio, and there's little chance you'll be able to use your own music in the game. You can't make a better soundtrack than Rockstar, anyway.

Also, this doesn't really warrant a discussion, at least not until we have more information about the phone and/or computer. Going to leave it open, anyway. See if it goes anywhere.

...there's little chance you'll be able to use your own music in the game...

Remember the tape deck in the XBox version of Vice City? San Andreas' XBox version also had something similar. Since that was removed in GTA IV, it's unlikely to be featured, but I wouldn't mind seeing a customizable in-game soundtrack.

(God, I feel like Daniel Chubb...)

Maybe the navigation won't be on the radar anymore, but you have to buy a smartphone in a store.

And open the navigation app on it, maybe we will get a search option so we don't have to search all over the huge map.

• Like 1

R* said we'd have things to spend money on in game. Does that mean I have to buy iFruit service? How long is the contract? Is there a family plan for Michael? Theft and damage insuance plans for Franklin and Trevor? Can I play GTA VC 10th anniversary edition? These are all questions we should be asking ourselves.

• Like 1

Maybe iFruit Maps will even be as bad to inherit the real life counterpart

apple maps sucks

R* said we'd have things to spend money on in game. Does that mean I have to buy iFruit service? How long is the contract? Is there a family plan for Michael? Theft and damage insuance plans for Franklin and Trevor? Can I play GTA VC 10th anniversary edition? These are all questions we should be asking ourselves.

Funny.

You can't make a better soundtrack than Rockstar, anyway.

Yeah, because, you know, music has nothing to do with opinion.

I would like to be able to plug my old school iPod classic with the turntable wheel into the Xbox and use it as a radio station. That is after I've heard all the hilarious commercials R* is adding in this go-round.

Opinion doesn't mean shit when it comes to a soundtrack. It's not about what you like, it's about what fits into the setting and makes it feel how the developers meant for it to. If people want to fuck that up to listen to the kind of shit that's been posted in this topic, fine.

Maybe iFruit Maps will even be as bad to inherit the real life counterpart

apple maps sucks

I know lol

Funny.

Opinion doesn't mean shit when it comes to a soundtrack. It's not about what you like, it's about what fits into the setting and makes it feel how the developers meant for it to. If people want to fuck that up to listen to the kind of shit that's been posted in this topic, fine.

I said I wanted to listen to the soundtrack they put into the game... Until I've heard it all. Then I would like the option to listen to my own music, of my choice. But hey, that's just my opinion, Chachi.

They've said a dozen times that the phone will have an internet browsing function. And surely the layout will be similar to a modern smartphone? I mean, they all look pretty much the same anyway...

I wonder where all the fuzz about a damn ingame-phone/it service comes from?

Nobody cared about phones prior to the release of IV and even after that interest in it was considerably low.

but now? Just because it's clearly a hint on apple? really?

Anways, I doubt it'll be anything more special than it was in IV, at best I can think of the game's menu being linked into the device, similar to saints row 3.

and pc / notebooks will just offer as much as they did in IV, so they'll basically fall off behind the train unless you gotta use them to date a gay prick talking shit about your nightclub

They've said a dozen times that the phone will have an internet browsing function. And surely the layout will be similar to a modern smartphone? I mean, they all look pretty much the same anyway...

I think it will be the same layout as IV 's browsers, but for a smaller screen.