Sign in to follow this  
DetroitGTA

Random car draw distance/reappearing issue

GTA5 looks awesome and epic. I've spent many hours just walking/driving around Liberty City/ San Andreas/ Vice City. Many. Even on the old gen consoles Rockstar really knew how to capture an environment and make it feel alive. However, one big annoying "glitch" if you will that always disrupts the flow of being in a GTA game is the magic reappearing cars... You know what I mean. You look one way to cross the street, then the other, then start walking and BAM. Car hits you. Out of nowhere. WTF? LOL. I really hope Rockstar can figure out the math/algorithm or whatever to finally fix this issue.

I have a bad feeling it's deeply rooted in the main way the GTA games just "work" though. How they are inherently designed maybe. I'm assuming this as it's been in every GTA game. Not sure about the top down ones though.

I dunno but never really knowing where any cars are randomly breaks the flow of being totally submerged in the game sometimes. Now I don't think this has anything to do with draw distance because I've experienced this issue running SA on a maxed out PC and yes you can see further but look one way then back again and the cars, they still magically appear.

I know what you are talking about, it seemed especially bad in SA, I think because the cars were going faster over greater distances. It seemed to get better in 4, in fact I only remember it happening to me a few times. I think it will be much better in 5.

It happens like that because vehicles typically spawn outside of player point of view. It happens in IV which isn't a bad thing it makes it easier to get a car especially when Multiplayer glitches out and vehicles don't spawn anywhere.

I actually like this glitch. Sometimes I can be on a deserted street and need a car. I just change the view a few times and a car will magically appear. Never the one I want, but it does the job until I get back to a more populated part of the map.

I know exactly what you're talking about. That is SO annoying. And yes hopefully now that they're just fixing things up and retouching everything then maybe they'll finally take that trait out of the game unless it's apart of it.

I'm sure it'll be improved. I have to agree with Mint, though -- part of what makes GTA fun is the random stuff like that happening. I'm personally hoping that we see the return of San Andreas' infamous random plane crash glitch, haha. Loved that.

I'm sure it'll be improved. I have to agree with Mint, though -- part of what makes GTA fun is the random stuff like that happening. I'm personally hoping that we see the return of San Andreas' infamous random plane crash glitch, haha. Loved that.

Makes the world seem more random and less linear, on that though, as the peds actually do stuff now (i.e. go to work) rather than just walking around randomly I wonder if you can get your car towed to a garage and fix if its taken too much damage, could be done with random car crashes as well, that don't involve you.

But the car glitch is shit, cos it happens when youre driving as well, especially at high speeds, you end up crashing your best car you've just had re-sprayed. <_<

I don't think things like this: ***tearing ass in a jet, when a sequoia spawns in front of you and you fuckin' get demolished*** will happen in V. Supposedly, draw distance is to be reworked into infinity, so I'm not expecting things like this.

On topic, I think car spawning should be changed from player field of view to a ring/radius/circle around the player.

that was a cool glitch wasn't it, although i sometimes helped it.

• Like 1

i hate this aswell, expeshly when you get our of your new infurnis and a taxi decides to park on your head :wall:

this happened to me :( i restarted the game just to get ahold of that orrange infurnis again :no: not fun!!!

i think they should olny spawn around corners and behind walls *stuff we cant see through* not just out of our line of vission...

i didnt touch mutiplayer until after the storyline it seemed to be alot better there,

but then you olny had limited cars so it was a lose lose situation,

another thing what i want to see its every car used im mutiplayer and every console genorating there own vechiles so we got a better variety...

p.s. i with i could actuly use the spray can in gta san andreas to wright stuff on cars, it seems like it was just a usless feature outherwise

p.s. i with i could actuly use the spray can in gta san andreas to wright stuff on cars, it seems like it was just a usless feature outherwise

that would actually be a cool feature, like the spray goes where ever you point it, like dead rising 2, if they did it like that, then i just might actually find a use for the spray paint. especially in multiplayer, i'll spray paint a dick on my car so whoever sees me will know they are fucked.... ba-dum-tss

that would actually be a cool feature, like the spray goes where ever you point it, like dead rising 2, if they did it like that, then i just might actually find a use for the spray paint. especially in multiplayer, i'll spray paint a dick on my car so whoever sees me will know they are fucked.... ba-dum-tss

:clap:(Y) im suprised nobodys made a topic like this...

i hate this aswell, expeshly when you get our of your new infurnis and a taxi decides to park on your head :wall:

this happened to me :( i restarted the game just to get ahold of that orrange infurnis again :no: not fun!!!

i think they should olny spawn around corners and behind walls *stuff we cant see through* not just out of our line of vission...

i didnt touch mutiplayer until after the storyline it seemed to be alot better there,

but then you olny had limited cars so it was a lose lose situation,

another thing what i want to see its every car used im mutiplayer and every console genorating there own vechiles so we got a better variety...

I have never ever seen someone type as bad as you.

No one's made a topic like that because we don't need a topic for every tiny feature someone comes up with.

No one's made a topic like that because we don't need a topic for every tiny feature someone comes up with.

true. that kind of topic belongs in the "what are you looking for in gta 5" thread...

*goes to post in other topic*

• Like 1

you know what can make you mad,

i had just got off the broker bridge and was driving my Tampa i stopped at a red light cause this intersection had too many cars at it and then out of no where a cop drives up and hits me from behind then acts like i hit them and chases me which is :bullshit: cause that should have been me chasing him but i got revenge.

(didn't think i had a gun did you dumb ass,lesson [don't hit home boys car and he will not hit you with bullets.])

• Like 1

i had just got off the broker bridge and was driving my Tampa i stopped at a red light cause this intersection had too many cars at it and then out of no where a cop drives up and hits me from behind then acts like i hit them and chases me which is :bullshit: cause that should have been me chasing him but i got revenge.

(didn't think i had a gun did you dumb ass,lesson [don't hit home boys car and he will not hit you with bullets.])

such a good and fun story I ate popcorn while reading it.

i'm pretty sure every GTA fan has done this before. lol

"oh you wanna make a dent in my new infernus that i just jacked?....bang, bang, bang, bang,.....bang"

"oh you wanna make a dent in my new infernus that i just jacked?....bang, bang, bang, bang,.....bang"

nice to know you liked it

nice to know you liked it

you have difficulty understanding sarcasm sir :D

Sign in to follow this