Samurai_tbag

Money (and things to buy with it)

So R* confirmed a while back that purchasable property won't be on the cards. However, they did say that you would be able to spend your hard-earned money on toys of sorts.

Perhaps purchasable furniture for your properties? The ability to change rooms perhaps? It would be pretty sweet to give Michael a nice arcade room in his pad. Or perhaps an upgraded trailer for Trevor?

I'd imagine that cars will play a role in some way, perhaps some small scale customisation to your cars? Being able to purchase cars for your garage?

More likely though, I think that R* will be focusing on weapons, weapon modifications, weapon ammo and such.

What do you recon?

• Like 2

I'm almost positive we'll be able to select certain cars we want to spawn in our garages, but with some sort of unlocking system if you want to get better rides. Customisation could be built the same way, the farther you pregress the more options youre given, but at a steeper price. It was alos mentioned that in some missions you have to have a certain amount of money to proceed. Still bummed about no property though, I was really looking forward to owning everything possible like Fable III. -_-

Skis.

Surfboards.

A good set of golf clubs.

I've never been a fan of buying cars in a GTA game. Feels wrong to me to spend hard-earned money on something I can just go out and steal. Also when I collect cars in my garage I tend to be afraid to drive them lest they get destroyed, so what's the point of collecting them in the first place?

• Like 4

Skis.

Surfboards.

A good set of golf clubs.

I've never been a fan of buying cars in a GTA game. Feels wrong to me to spend hard-earned money on something I can just go out and steal. Also when I collect cars in my garage I tend to be afraid to drive them lest they get destroyed, so what's the point of collecting them in the first place?

True story, but I guess if you had a customised car that kept respawning in the garage, then it would be worth it.

I'm almost positive we'll be able to select certain cars we want to spawn in our garages, but with some sort of unlocking system if you want to get better rides. Customisation could be built the same way, the farther you pregress the more options youre given, but at a steeper price. It was alos mentioned that in some missions you have to have a certain amount of money to proceed. Still bummed about no property though, I was really looking forward to owning everything possible like Fable III. -_-

Likewise, hopefully R* will code it in before release, there's been plenty demand for it on all the forums - and R* are known for listening to their fans.

• Like 1

Im thinking that if you do purchase a car, it spawns in your garage until you pick another one. That way no more just letting it sit there because you dont want to lose it. I admit it does kind of defeat the purpose of the game itself, but it adds to the experience. Fingers crossed on the skis though, goddamnit yes. If we do see snow, im hopeing snowmobiles come along with it as well, becasue we all want to rip down sunset blvd on a sled.

• Like 1

Weapon mods like you said could be something I'd like to see, like for example you have a pistol that is powerful but has no accuracy, you could walk into and buy a scope or sight for it, and the better the upgrade, the better the stat increase.

• Like 1

I think clothing/accesorys, weapons and weapon mods, maybe diffrent types of armor (there could be the regular GTA armor, but then there are more effective and costly versons you can buy). food of course, but without the customazation feature it is sort of pointless. I like the idea of buying cars, but why buy when you can steal. buying property is put but modifications to people homes could be in there. Air Craft? culd be nice and costly. bribes to keep the authoritys off of you.

Im thinking that if you do purchase a car, it spawns in your garage until you pick another one. That way no more just letting it sit there because you dont want to lose it. I admit it does kind of defeat the purpose of the game itself, but it adds to the experience. Fingers crossed on the skis though, goddamnit yes. If we do see snow, im hopeing snowmobiles come along with it as well, becasue we all want to rip down sunset blvd on a sled.

I dont think I like the respawning car in the garage idea for GTA. you know, should we be at the point where we can have a car that just wont dissapear? I mean even GTA4 did a good job at keep ing your car when you started a mission why couldnt we have a desgnated car that wont dissapear no matter what? you could still wreack or someone could jack it and it would be gone, but if you left it n the side of the road it would probably still be there if you came back a week later. I do not see why this would be that hard? it would be like your horse in RDR, except its a car and you cant call it over to you.

• Like 1

i think that if you get busted you sould be abel to buy your car and weponds back

why because it would suck to lose a car you stole and the cops inpound it so you can't have

it would also be cool if they brout the car crusher back so you can get money.

As Mr. Knopfler said; "Money for nothing get your chicks for free."

My reason for saying that? I have no idea.

I think money will be spent for things you need to complete missions...

Stealth car, vehicle modifactions... Bribes.. Ect..

Maybe youll use it to pay your mortgage..

• Like 1

i think that if you get busted you sould be abel to buy your car and weponds back

why because it would suck to lose a car you stole and the cops inpound it so you can't have

it would also be cool if they brout the car crusher back so you can get money.

I rememebr in VC Storys you could buy all of your weapons back if you were killed. I think that worked pretty well. I think they went to far in GTA4 by letting you keep everything when you died. I would like a system where when you die or are buster you lose everything, but you have the option of buying everything back if you would like. I have a feeling it is going to be like GTA4 though.

What do you mean by a 'Stealth Car'?

Do you mean like a car that uses Light Refraction Technolgy to become Invisible?

Because that sounds pretty interesting.

Let's be honest here.

The money is going towards hookers and hookers only for a lot of us.

I think you are confusing GTA for our normal lives. I never actually pay for a hooker in GTA, I always get my money back.

i think we might be able to buy cars, clothes, boats and things like that. since one of the characters do work at dealership. discounted sports cars. and i hope you have LOTS of space to save cars. unlike GTA IV where you could save like 6 or 8 cars, but not all in one spot sucked.

Why buy something that can be stolen?

What do you mean by a 'Stealth Car'?

Do you mean like a car that uses Light Refraction Technolgy to become Invisible?

Because that sounds pretty interesting.

Wow. God..... Terrible post.

I meant stealth tech, stealthy cars, weapons modifications, and bribes...

Though having an invisible car would be cool

In my opinion its a mistake not being able to buy assets in GTA5, in Vice City and San Andreas it was a big objective to add property and revenue to make the story goes on, hope R* reconsider. This is economy: http://www.g-unleash...hp?cat=15&pid=6 http://www.g-unleash...?cat=16&pid=313

I agree, I cannot understand why they would not include this. I am sure they have their reasons, but I dont understand.

QD, how does one make a car stealthy?

And yes. An invisible car would be very cool. But only in Saint's Row.

Y, L, Y, Black, X, L, L.

Paint it black, tint the windows, lower it, add some insulation to reduce engine noise, high dollar silent wheels, and to top it off add some guns for when stealth goes awry..

So R* confirmed a while back that purchasable property won't be on the cards. However, they did say that you would be able to spend your hard-earned money on toys of sorts.

Perhaps purchasable furniture for your properties? The ability to change rooms perhaps? It would be pretty sweet to give Michael a nice arcade room in his pad. Or perhaps an upgraded trailer for Trevor?

I'd imagine that cars will play a role in some way, perhaps some small scale customisation to your cars? Being able to purchase cars for your garage?

More likely though, I think that R* will be focusing on weapons, weapon modifications, weapon ammo and such.

What do you recon?

i tought the property should be able to make SA more similiar i mean SA was possible to buy some property`s so wy remove that feature so you cant look for houses

in the trailer you also see a House For Sale ?

so what does that mean ? ^^ i just say that might be something that they just say to make people think its not possible you never know :)