Samurai_tbag

Money (and things to buy with it)

GTAO takes place before GTA V, so obviously you can't bring your money over to single player. Even if you could, who would have it? The money only belongs to your multiplayer avatar and not the 3 protags.

• Like 1

It would be very un-GTA to get a wanted level for commiting the game's namesake crime several days after the fact. If I steal a car and evade any police attention, thats the end of it. I shouldn't have to worry about whether or not I'm going to have cops on my ass every time I take my car out of the garage.

It could add a whole new layer of immersion to stealing and owning cars.

I'm sure if the stolen car mechanic works like this ( with you getting a wanted level every time you enter a cops cone of vision in a stolen car ), we'll see some kind of Chop Shop similar to LS Customs ( but an illegal version ) that will allow us to take off any vehicle identifying marks ( like VIN Numbers & Licence Plates). Which would then allow you to take it to LS Customs to customize the vehicle as you please.

Or maybe there will just be two different Vehicle Customization places, one being LS Customs ( for legally bought cars and bikes ) and the other being an Illegal Chop Shop ( for everything that's stolen ). We'll find out for sure how it all works in 1 month...

Seems excessive to me. I doubt I'll need permits to buy guns from Ammu-Nation. Why make only the car theft annoying? Plus, I tend to steal a car and dump it once I'm done with the current mission, anyway. I steal far too many cars for this system.

I think, ...this is really just an assumption on my part but it makes sense..., when Leslie Benzie was talking about stolen cars he was only talking about GTAO not GTAV. I just don't think they will make car theft in SP that complicated.

• Like 1

Has it been confirmed whether or not you can have custom plates? I remember the article a while back about the car customization options but I cant find it to check.

From what I read was the GTAO is totally separated from GTAV therefore Money, CCTV, Cars, Theft System, everything in GTAO is totally separate from GTAV

Has it been confirmed whether or not you can have custom plates? I remember the article a while back about the car customization options but I cant find it to check.

It has indeed, noted in a few of the trailers too, Michaels car has the plate "KRYST4L" and in the artwork, Trevors car has "BETTY32"