Samurai_tbag

Money (and things to buy with it)

There are probably really no dangerous neighbourhoods, since you (the player) are probably the only character that murders civilians like a maniac.

There are probably really no dangerous neighbourhoods, since you (the player) are probably the only character that murders civilians like a maniac.

What if it is character based. Say Micheal walks into Grove Street hood maybe they will start trouble with him.

Also to deal with buying property. It would be cool to see a house you like but right then it's not for sale. but at some point in the game via the house market website or just by driving by the house the peds who once lived there sell it and you can buy it.

I wonder if you wanted a house but it wasn't for sale, you wait outside and murder them fuckers when they come out. Or if you break in and kill the bastards, it may be cheaper on the market.

Would be cool, but I think its doubtful

Not sure if this was mentioned, but it would be awesome to buy a trailer that was also mobile.. so you can bring it with you anywhere you go, if you wanted to change your clothes anytime you wanted, and where ever you decided to park you could save your game right there, so next time you decide to go on the game, your character would spawn right in that area

Not sure if this was mentioned, but it would be awesome to buy a trailer that was also mobile.. so you can bring it with you anywhere you go, if you wanted to change your clothes anytime you wanted, and where ever you decided to park you could save your game right there, so next time you decide to go on the game, your character would spawn right in that area

You can do that with Trevor...i think

I hadn't thought of Massacre's idea of property values dwindling in areas you cause mayhem but it would fit with the economy idea that has been alluded to in the game. I was expecting to use property as a means of making money but I hadn't thought of how your actions could adversely affect it too. It would be cool if you could go and trash a neighbourhood you want to buy a house in and get it on the cheap. It would also be cool if your violence increased the likelihood that other NPC's committed crimes in the area so it's not just an easy get rich quick scheme. I expect your actions to influence BAWSAQ too (bank stocks go down after a heist, Ammunation stocks go up if you shoot up a neighbourhood and everyone increases their personal protection).

I doubt that by completing the game, you will be able to buy any and everything. I bet that most of the higher end cars and houses will only be available to those who invest smartly in stock and businesses.

That would be a problem for me.I can't be smart in a videogame....i just can't.

• Like 1

I bet that most of the higher end cars and houses will only be available to those who invest smartly in stock and businesses.

I agree. Large amounts of money should be hard to make without investments. And all the best properties/ safehouses/ businesses/ weapons/ cars/ boats and planes should be exorbitantly expensive, so that it really feels like an achievement when you finally buy them. They should also only be unlocked towards the later stages of the game.

The reason for this is, if you get all the best things in the game too quickly, then there is nothing to work towards for the rest of the game. And the game can become a little bit tedious and counter-productive if you already have all the best stuff. That doesn't mean that you should have crappy stuff for the majority of the game. But there should be a slow trickle of unlocks, with the quality steadily building up, to keep the game feel fresh and to give the player a sense of accomplishment.

• Like 2

in the hunting scene it showed Trevor getting out of an RV so i hope that's a possibility, a mobile safe house is one of many on my wishlist for this game

I doubt that by completing the game, you will be able to buy any and everything. I bet that most of the higher end cars and houses will only be available to those who invest smartly in stock and businesses.
That would be a problem for me.I can't be smart in a videogame....i just can't.

All you have to do is buy up a few profitable businesses and reap the rewards.

I bet that most of the higher end cars and houses will only be available to those who invest smartly in stock and businesses.
I agree. Large amounts of money should be hard to make without investments. And all the best properties/ safehouses/ businesses/ weapons/ cars/ boats and planes should be exorbitantly expensive, so that it really feels like an achievement when you finally buy them. They should also only be unlocked towards the later stages of the game.

The reason for this is, if you get all the best things in the game too quickly, then there is nothing to work towards for the rest of the game. And the game can become a little bit tedious and counter-productive if you already have all the best stuff. That doesn't mean that you should have crappy stuff for the majority of the game. But there should be a slow trickle of unlocks, with the quality steadily building up, to keep the game feel fresh and to give the player a sense of accomplishment.

I do agree with your point completely, but R*, i'm pretty sure is looking, to make everything accessible from day one.

I do agree with your point completely, but R*, i'm pretty sure is looking, to make everything accessible from day one.

There will still be a ton of stuff to do when you first start the game. It's just that some unlocks will be saved until you have progressed a little further in the missions. As a kind of reward for putting time and effort into the game. Like for instance unlocking a new weapon or attachment for each gun type when you max your shooting skill out. Or getting a new type of vehicle ( like a jetpack or something ) after completing a mission that required said vehicle, or unlocking more expensive businesses with better incomes after fist buying the cheaper ones. Just nice little surprises to keep things feeling fresh and interesting.

I hope they do put locks on some things until you reach a certain goal, but even if they don't, many of the high end items will be too expensive to have early in the game.

I hope they do put locks on some things until you reach a certain goal, but even if they don't, many of the high end items will be too expensive to have early in the game.

What I think would be cool is if you're able to see all (or at least most) of the available expensive cars/weapons/properties etc. right from the start of the game. That way even early on, you'll have the sense of "Wow, I can't wait until I have enough money to buy that." It will just make it that much more important to carefully plan out the heists, because it will be that much sweeter when we successfully pull them off and are able to receive the benefits.

I wonder if you wanted a house but it wasn't for sale, you wait outside and murder them fuckers when they come out. Or if you break in and kill the bastards, it may be cheaper on the market.

Would be cool, but I think its doubtful

ah, you beat me to it. unfortunately this would make every house open to buying and they couldn't have you murdering all of LS just to buy all the houses.

Maybe you can buy sexual services?

Of course we can, prostitutes are a GTA norm.

I hope money is also a part of multiplayer. giving the same options as in single player with respect to how one goes into spending it.

Based on the last scene in the game play preview it seems like it may play a role. the guy had around 5 grand.

That is pure speculation at this point, but I am hopeful based on what I have seen.

What I think would be cool is if you're able to see all (or at least most) of the available expensive cars/weapons/properties etc. right from the start of the game. That way even early on, you'll have the sense of "Wow, I can't wait until I have enough money to buy that." It will just make it that much more important to carefully plan out the heists, because it will be that much sweeter when we successfully pull them off and are able to receive the benefits.

In the game play preview they show that items are visible but locked when they are showing of the car customization and the cloths.

Based on the last scene in the game play preview it seems like it may play a role. the guy had around 5 grand.

Actually it was about 52k, so it's playing a role alright. :P

I agree. Large amounts of money should be hard to make without investments. And all the best properties/ safehouses/ businesses/ weapons/ cars/ boats and planes should be exorbitantly expensive, [...]

Will it be possible? Any sources?

I agree. Large amounts of money should be hard to make without investments. And all the best properties/ safehouses/ businesses/ weapons/ cars/ boats and planes should be exorbitantly expensive, [...]

Go to www.igta5.com and scroll down, you can learn a lot then discuss

cartoon-look-of-disapproval-3dWz9v.jpg

Didn't you watch the trailer?

watched the trailer multiple times, they only say "investments [..] like fast cars, where do they mention boats and planes?

Go to www.igta5.com and scroll down, you can learn a lot then discuss

Scrolled the "vehicle" section down and also no information about buying boats and planes... I'm very curious where to find that.