Samurai_tbag

Money (and things to buy with it)

Just make sure you sell all your shares in a business BEFORE destroying it or stealing all it's assets.....

If you 100% own a company, can you commit insurance fraud?? How much will your actions affect the stock prices??

Could add a whole new level of strategy...

• Like 1

I only have one real concern about money. Apparently, all of the big money comes from heists, and by looking at the gameplay trailer, everything looks to be uber fucking expensive. So, what if I complete the game and spend my remaining money quickly due to the unrealistically high prices and it does a reverse effect of what IV did and I have no money to spend on anything? So then, just like IV, the game gets old quick with no money to spend. Seriously, if a jacket costs like 350 dollars, think how much a house or car would cost. Although, this is probably me worrying too much about dumb shit.

I don't think that's going to really be a problem. first, of all you can replay missions so I assume you can also get the rewards multiple times. second, there will probably be several flows of income by the end of the game. if you can buy business I am sure you can get an income from those after meeting some requirements. Finally, I do not think the prices I have seen are all that unrealistic. $350 for a designer jacket in CA is not that unrealistic.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a parody of NASDAQ.

It's also a parody of "Ball Sack"...

NASDAQ is a stock exchange which is what it's meant to parody. I think it's fairly obvious it was a play on the word ballsack, much like many of the other humorous things in Rockstar games.

I didn't think about businesses, they could probably bring in a nice profit. But I doubt you can replay missions for money. I'll probably just invest a bunch of my heist money in businesses and maybe a little in stocks, then spend freely after I beat the game.

I don't want money to be too easy to come by. I have no problem paying $250k for a property as long as I'm working for it. Only towards the end should we be buying mansions on a whim unless making and spending money is more than about a few robberies and stocks, in which case I'm all for smart players making their moves and reaping the rewards.

• Like 1

I'm curious what the real estate market and the economy in general will be like. Trevor could buy an whole trailer park for the cost of that apartment. It would also be nice to rob all the stores of a particular chain and see a noticeable drop in the stock for that company, which you could take advantage of by buying a large number of shares and reselling once the stores have recouped their losses.

i was just thinking, would it be over the top to be able to flip some of the houses and sell them for (hopefully) a profit

I wonder if the stock exchange affects the price of the estates we can buy.

That would either be awesome or just a complete pain in the ass. No in between

A drop in property value in areas where you've caused a lot of mayhem would be interesting. Spend an hour throwing molotovs and shooting pedestrians as Trevor, then have Michael buy any property nearby at a much lower than normal price.

• Like 1

I doubt that by completing the game, you will be able to buy any and everything. I bet that most of the higher end cars and houses will only be available to those who invest smartly in stock and businesses.