Samurai_tbag

Money (and things to buy with it)

icon11.gif

Edit: Admittedly, the brief look of confusion on someone's face upon seeing a golden, diamond-encrusted grenade land at their feet would be priceless. Before it exploded, anyway.

If im gonna die, that'd be a way to go

• Like 1

A Louis Vuitton chainsaw. :mellow:

Yup, it was featured in an episode of VH1's The Fabulous Life of Billionaire Lumberjacks.

It belonged to the guy responsible for cutting down the magical erected forest which cursed all of mankind with morning wood.

Also I wonder if we could buy pets. I want to get Franklin a cat that Chop could chase around. There's my contribution.

A Louis Vuitton chainsaw. :mellow:

Yup, it was featured in an episode of VH1's The Fabulous Life of Billionaire Lumberjacks.

It belonged to the guy responsible for cutting down the magical erected forest which cursed all of mankind with morning wood.

I always thought it would be the first thing that Leather Face would buy if he won the lottery...

LEATHERFACE LIKEY!!!

gold_louis_vuitton_chainsaw_by_peter_gronquist.jpg

• Like 1

How about hiring Armed Bodyguards to follow you around wherever you go in the world, and upgrading their body armour and weaponry. Possibly also customizing their outfit and/or appearance.

Also maybe you could hire Armed Security to protect your Safehouses and Hideouts from Gangs, Organised Crime Hit Squads ( like Drug Cartels/ Mafia/ Syndicates ), or Police/ FIB Assaults...

That would be a really cool way to spend money. I'd feel all important and intimidating having a black SUV full of commandos with me. :P

with all these luxuries we will need to pay a high amount to the security providing companya nd if anyting goes wrong them we are going to fuck that company and make it to pay.

An ambush on street when going to night club with all those bodyguards,sitting in a limosine.WoW.

• Like 1

I think or hope you can spend your money on anything such as... Haircuts, Clothes, Cars, Car customization and furniture for you house and Property and Tattoos and just the every day things.

I think or hope you can spend your money on anything such as... Haircuts, Clothes, Cars, Car customization and furniture for you house and Property and Tattoos and just the every day things.

well its confirmed that we can use it on haircuts, clothes, car customization, house/Property and Tattoos, maybe cars from stock too, i'm not sure, furniture is an interesting idea but i don't really see the point in it other than to just show off wealth.

Still remember how in GTA 4 how once the game was finished you had a ton of money left but nothing to spend it on. And that there was nothing to show you were rich. And that once you got rich you still had to be driven around in a taxi -.- We should have been driving around in limos instead. We should have been able to at least own better safehouses than the ones that we were given.

So why not have rich and opulent ways to spend your money GTA V? A real mansion in Beverly Hills, or else be able to buy a penthouse overlooking the city, be able to eat in expensive diners, go to expensive clubs, maybe not throw a party but be able to attend them. Maybe also be able to buy over the top expensive stuff like a yacht with interiors, or your own private jet? You'd probably be able to hire bodyguards or even chauffeurs? Anything that will make you feel like you're living a high life. This might give more meaning to the money system in GTA, and also contrasts with the money theme R* were mentioning about. So what do you think?

Still remember how in GTA 4 how once the game was finished you had a ton of money left but nothing to spend it on. And that there was nothing to show you were rich. And that once you got rich you still had to be driven around in a taxi -.- We should have been driving around in limos instead. We should have been able to at least own better safehouses than the ones that we were given.

So why not have rich and opulent ways to spend your money GTA V? A real mansion in Beverly Hills, or else be able to buy a penthouse overlooking the city, be able to eat in expensive diners, go to expensive clubs, maybe not throw a party but be able to attend them. Maybe also be able to buy over the top expensive stuff like a yacht with interiors, or your own private jet? You'd probably be able to hire bodyguards or even chauffeurs? Anything that will make you feel like you're living a high life. This might give more meaning to the money system in GTA, and also contrasts with the money theme R* were mentioning about. So what do you think?

Coke and hookers...

I've been thinking a lot about money in the game and how that works, and I think you will have two pools of cash for each character similar to Scarface: The World is Yours; dirty money attained through heists and other illicit means, and clean money that has been laundered through a front that you own. Certain properties will only be available to purchase with laundered money and you will need to be able to have enough clean money to buy it, and this may be a home or business. Barry, in the safehouse topic earlier you said:

Not gonna happen in this game but what about a real estate market? Certain buildings are locked until you have enough money to buy it and maybe some other conditions apply. Ie. perhaps the real estate agent only sells mansions to people of a certain reputation. You wouldn't be able to just go and buy every building available unless you had amassed a shitload of money and sometimes you'd need to sell other properties to buy a new one. You also wouldn't be able to enter any buildings you didn't own.

I think you may be on to something here with some kind of real estate registry authority scrutinizing on any possible property sale with illicit cash for the more expensive properties. This would create a system where the player would spend dirty money on heist preparation and clean money on homes and businesses. Would make sense because I can't think of how else money plays such a pivotal role in this game, but maybe that's just me.

I've been thinking a lot about money in the game and how that works, and I think you will have two pools of cash for each character similar to Scarface: The World is Yours; dirty money attained through heists and other illicit means, and clean money that has been laundered through a front that you own. Certain properties will only be available to purchase with laundered money and you will need to be able to have enough clean money to buy it, and this may be a home or business. Barry, in the safehouse topic earlier you said:

Not gonna happen in this game but what about a real estate market? Certain buildings are locked until you have enough money to buy it and maybe some other conditions apply. Ie. perhaps the real estate agent only sells mansions to people of a certain reputation. You wouldn't be able to just go and buy every building available unless you had amassed a shitload of money and sometimes you'd need to sell other properties to buy a new one. You also wouldn't be able to enter any buildings you didn't own.

I think you may be on to something here with some kind of real estate registry authority scrutinizing on any possible property sale with illicit cash for the more expensive properties. This would create a system where the player would spend dirty money on heist preparation and clean money on homes and businesses. Would make sense because I can't think of how else money plays such a pivotal role in this game, but maybe that's just me.

I doubt that we will have two money pools, and for me that would get annoying as hell anyway, i mean if you have to buy a business with clean money to get clean money how will you get that clean money to buy it, i can't see us starting out with enough to buy one right off. What does everyone else think.

The smaller places earlier in the game would be purchasable regardless of how you got the money, but the bigger properties would need clean money to buy them with. That's what I meant.

The smaller places earlier in the game would be purchasable regardless of how you got the money, but the bigger properties would need clean money to buy them with. That's what I meant.

ah. well that wouldn't be too bad then, it might be interesting

I don't see them doing two pools of money but It would be interesting to have to go through some sort of mission to "clean" the money you get from a job. So maybe just like you have to dump the car, you have to take the money to someone to exchange it for clean bills. maybe you can skip that step but you risk getting a wanted level when you try and spend it.

I don't see them doing two pools of money but It would be interesting to have to go through some sort of mission to "clean" the money you get from a job. So maybe just like you have to dump the car, you have to take the money to someone to exchange it for clean bills. maybe you can skip that step but you risk getting a wanted level when you try and spend it.

i think i would actually enjoy that feature

Rock* games are based on realism as well as fun , gta 5 will be no pointless saints row which is an unrealistic game which stupid weapons aswell as vehicles and clothes although its fun its unrealistic and stupid , GtA 5 will not be like this atall the idea of an invisible car is just stupid.

What!, I loved watching people drive around their four tires, it was very exciting especially when you do a drive by and speed off and looking ridiculous driving nothing

In GTA SA*