Samurai_tbag

Money (and things to buy with it)

Here's from the Swedish preview:

Stora kupper innebär stora intäkter, men till skillnad frånGrand Theft Auto IV finns det faktiskt något att använda sin nyfunna rikedom på. I bästa Vice City-stil kan du köpa fastigheter och företag som genererar regelbunden inkomst, och du kan styla och skräddarsy dina bilar, både kosmetiskt och prestandamässigt. Snart lär du behöva ett större garage, vilket naturligtvis kostar, och du kommer att kunna köpa båtar och flygplan, vilket kräver hamnar och hangarer där de kan förvaras. Naturligtvis kan du också skaffa kläder, frisyrer och tatueringar (Franklin själv har fler texturer än alla fotgängare i Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas tillsammans).

Translation something along the lines of:

-Loads of stuff to spend your new-found wealth on.

-Like VC, you can buy properties and businesses that generate regular income.

-You can customize your cars, cosmetically and also performance wise.

-Soon you'll need a bigger garage, which of course costs money

-You can buy boats and planes as well, which require ports and hangers to be stored in. (I'm guessing this means we can buy them, which could maybe also be used for illegal trading of drugs and guns?)

- You can also buy clothes, hairstyles and tattoos. Franklin himself has more textures than all SA peds combined. (I'm guessing that means all the customizable textures)

• Like 2

No one directly said it, but I sort of got the impression that we may be able to customize Aircraft and watercraft.

A couple of previews have directly stated that we can customize Watercraft and Aircraft. For instance on Page 2 of the IGN Preview ~

Extract:

Rockstar has included more tools in your arsenal and cars, trucks, motorcycles, watercraft, and all manner of aerial vehicles than ever before. Better yet, they’re all fully customizable and upgradeable. In the biggest title Rockstar has ever created geographically, it seems rather fitting that everything around the actual terrain is growing in scope, too.

~ Here is the link to the Article >> http://au.ign.com/ar...big-city?page=2

If we will need to spend money on prep work for the big heists (crew, vehicles, weapons), and all the players have their own money, who will pay for all the heist stuff? Maybe some sort of heist money pool?

each character has his own bank account, so maybe there's a shared one where bank-heist funds are deposited. Or whoever is involved in the heist shares, since you can choose people.

No one directly said it, but I sort of got the impression that we may be able to customize Aircraft and watercraft.

A couple of previews have directly stated that we can customize Watercraft and Aircraft. For instance on Page 2 of the IGN Preview ~

Extract:

Rockstar has included more tools in your arsenal and cars, trucks, motorcycles, watercraft, and all manner of aerial vehicles than ever before. Better yet, they’re all fully customizable and upgradeable. In the biggest title Rockstar has ever created geographically, it seems rather fitting that everything around the actual terrain is growing in scope, too.

Oh sweet, must have missed that (and I read the IGN article too). guess I am suffering from a little information overload.

If we will need to spend money on prep work for the big heists (crew, vehicles, weapons), and all the players have their own money, who will pay for all the heist stuff? Maybe some sort of heist money pool?

That's a good question, it is on par with the question of if we will have shared safe houses and cars. It may just be a player choice. A sahred accound would be nice. maybe they could have cash and weapons stash at a shared safe house.

each character has his own bank account, so maybe there's a shared one where bank-heist funds are deposited. Or whoever is involved in the heist shares, since you can choose people.

This sounds likely.

Now did we actually get confirmation of each character having their own accounts? I guess there are things I missed but I do not remember ever receiving confirmation of that.

• Like 2

No idea where to post this since we haven't got a dedicated heists topic.

Remember in L.A. Noire, at the end of each case, a subtle hint at the bottom of the review screen would inform you on choices you could have made? I wonder if a similar mechanic will appear on the cork-board post-heist? "If we would've put the getaway vehicle here, things would've proceeded more smoothly," or "Maybe we shouldn't have skimped on the tech -- lots of time wasted getting into that computer".

• Like 2

No idea where to post this since we haven't got a dedicated heists topic.

Remember in L.A. Noire, at the end of each case, a subtle hint at the bottom of the review screen would inform you on choices you could have made? I wonder if a similar mechanic will appear on the cork-board post-heist? "If we would've put the getaway vehicle here, things would've proceeded more smoothly," or "Maybe we shouldn't have skimped on the tech -- lots of time wasted getting into that computer".

Sounds like a nice idea.

It would be good to have some kind of reference for what mistakes were made in the heist. So that if/when you decide to replay the heist you can try alternate vehicles/ paths/ crews etc.

i wonder how and where we are suppose to take the boat&airplane to put modifications on it.

the boat mod place would probably be a dock with a shed and boat ramp covered with two cranes to help raise and lower the boats in an out of water.

the airplane mod place would probably be a large air hanger with random pieces of planes scattered a round it and the inside will have all kinds of thing hanging off of the ceiling.

it would be cool if im half right about both.

I think the aircraft and watercraft customization will only be paintjobs.

getting shiny rims on an airplane that i'm going to crash anyway is not what i'm going to do.

Actually its sounds awesome but its still a waste of your hard earned money.

Extract:

Jesus, I swear I have read everything and then there is something else I missed. I am giving up.

I think the aircraft and watercraft customization will only be paintjobs.

getting shiny rims on an airplane that i'm going to crash anyway is not what i'm going to do.

Actually its sounds awesome but its still a waste of your hard earned money.

or put bombs on it so there is a bigger explosion when crashing into something with planes.

^ Exactly. I don't think we'll be limited to paint jobs with the aircraft. I'd imagine we'd still be able to customize engines for aircraft (greater thrust, more speed), weaponry (the better to whomp ass with), paint jobs (hopefully as in-depth as the land vehicles, featuring two-tone schemes, stripes, etc.), and perhaps even tail numbers.

^ Exactly. I don't think we'll be limited to paint jobs with the aircraft. I'd imagine we'd still be able to customize engines for aircraft (greater thrust, more speed), weaponry (the better to whomp ass with), paint jobs (hopefully as in-depth as the land vehicles, featuring two-tone schemes, stripes, etc.), and perhaps even tail numbers.

God, you're bloody obsessed with aircraft...

Too bad it will only take about 3 minutes to circumnavigate the entire island in a fighter jet. :no:

I'm not sure if there's a topic for deaths and stuff but I know I for one would like to see a fairer system when paying for hospital treatment the in GTA 4. It costs over $5,000 when you die, which can be really frustrating, especially in the DLCs when you usually have less money and 5 deaths can lose half of your money built up over the course of the game. I like being able to die in Vice City and only losing $100. Obviously there will be huge amounts of money in GTA V so it will obviously more money but I would like to be able to retry missions a few times after dying without losing too much money.

The DLC's made it so easy to make money with the gang and drug wars though. I know TLaD's gang wars could net you $15,000 after 70 completed and TBoGT varied. I would get anywhere from $2,500 to $14,500 for a drug war. I actually want to see an increase in how much they charge..In IV, I believe it was only 10% of what you had. I think it should go up to 20%.

If the game's theme is money. Make it just as easy to lose it as to gain it.

• Like 3

If the game's theme is money. Make it just as easy to lose it as to gain it.

That's why I'm hoping that race track that's visible on the blueprint map has some sort of gambling aspect to it. I don't care if it's dogs, horses, or even cars. I've got my fingers crossed for a horse/dog track though, I wanna walk in there as Trevor and drop 100k on the shittiest lookin dog they have.,

• Like 4

I wonder how big some of the properties will be that are available for us buy. I'm hoping for a range of small to large properties, but I want at least one huge house with lots of garages etc.

• Like 1