Samurai_tbag

Money (and things to buy with it)

Using drugs would be pretty pointless in my opinion, might just be slightly fun like getting drunk in IV.

I think there is a massive difference between Alcohol and other Drugs.

Definitely, but I meant the effects of various drugs might be how they were in IV. I know in real life they differ a lot.

Something like using Acid in the game, creating bat-shit crazy illusions for a period of time would be pretty cool. Although not neccessarily something I think Rockstar would do.

Id like to be able to buy certain businesses and actually manage it.. Like a night club, id buy it with Michael and it become the hottest one in LS and gets media attention.. next thing you know the gta version of girls gone wild is being filmed there.. and so on..

Whilst property is out of the question, why not business? Since changing where the protagonists live is out of the option, nothing relating to their live style is out of question. Maybe as Trevor you could buy a small corner drug store to expand your meth dealing. Or as Michael a clothing shop to provide another source of income and a cover for his criminal plans. Perhaps Franklin could buy a small garage downtown to store repo'd cars.

If the goal of the game is the pursuit of the dollar, then business is not out of the question. It isn't property in a sense, but means of income and expansion of their professions. Such an example is the boat yard you could purchase in Vice City. It really wasn't as much a property as a service. It was great having fast boats at the ready was it not.

Whatever the things you can spend your money on,I hope they add things that you spend your free roam time saving up for so you can earn more money to get the next tier of "I Want That".

Whilst property is out of the question, why not business? Since changing where the protagonists live is out of the option, nothing relating to their live style is out of question. Maybe as Trevor you could buy a small corner drug store to expand your meth dealing. Or as Michael a clothing shop to provide another source of income and a cover for his criminal plans. Perhaps Franklin could buy a small garage downtown to store repo'd cars.

If the goal of the game is the pursuit of the dollar, then business is not out of the question. It isn't property in a sense, but means of income and expansion of their professions. Such an example is the boat yard you could purchase in Vice City. It really wasn't as much a property as a service. It was great having fast boats at the ready was it not.

Whatever the things you can spend your money on,I hope they add things that you spend your free roam time saving up for so you can earn more money to get the next tier of "I Want That".

I agree, having businesses would be good, especially since there will be more to spend money on in the game. There were businesses in Vice City Stories, I remember having to drive across the island every 5 seconds to stop one of my businesses being destroyed by rivals, which was really annoying. Hopefully that wont happen if they are in V.

As much as I like the idea of businesses, I doubt that Rockstar will be incorporating them into GTA V.

Basically beacause it would undermine their Main Story focusing on making money from Heists.

• Like 1

Whilst property is out of the question, why not business? Since changing where the protagonists live is out of the option, nothing relating to their live style is out of question. Maybe as Trevor you could buy a small corner drug store to expand your meth dealing. Or as Michael a clothing shop to provide another source of income and a cover for his criminal plans. Perhaps Franklin could buy a small garage downtown to store repo'd cars. If the goal of the game is the pursuit of the dollar, then business is not out of the question. It isn't property in a sense, but means of income and expansion of their professions. Such an example is the boat yard you could purchase in Vice City. It really wasn't as much a property as a service. It was great having fast boats at the ready was it not. Whatever the things you can spend your money on,I hope they add things that you spend your free roam time saving up for so you can earn more money to get the next tier of "I Want That".

I don't think we have to rule out changing where the protagonists live just yet. Just because we can't buy property, it doesn't mean we can't unlock safe-houses as the game progresses like with Niko in IV. Michael lives in a big house and Trevor doesn't seem like the type of guy who cares about living lavishly, but Franklin is trying to move up in the world. Maybe he will get a nicer place as the story progresses. Or who knows, what if something happens to their homes in the game, like in IV when Niko and Roman lost their shitty hove beach apartment.

• Like 1

Buying properties may have been said to be out of the game, Rockstar's delay may incorperate adding the feature(due to popular demand). I digress: Since the player will most likely build up an immense ammount of money throughout the story, you will buy things like vehicles, clothes, upgrades(for vehicles), and many other things. But lets say you can infact purchase property. Each character has a certain range of properties to buy; maybe 8 alternate properties per character, then you could even customize/ upgrade these properties a-la the Sims. These upgrades range from a better bed, which restores more health, or a dresser that can store more clothing items. Then there are the upgrades that don't really serve a purpose besides the aesthetic of it. Michael can buy very high class apartments/ condos and even yachts/ jets. Franklin can buy apartments and normal homes, and Trevor can buy normal homes, and different mobile homes, (the best mobile home being a high end RV). Michaels top choice is a yacht, Mile High Club penthouse, and even a zepplin suite. Franklin can buy classy condos, chill suburban homes, and a loft in downtown. Once you have made your choice on your home, you can customize it. Paint it differently. Arrange the rooms to your liking, and buy things for your house. Imagine Franklin in a beautiful beach house and a boat moored to the marina. Michael looking over the city from his posh zepplin suite, and Trevor kicking back in a bunker. What do you think?

What would be the point in buying cars if you can simply steal them?

The only way I would buy a car was if it reappeared in my garage every time I lost it/ it got destroyed.

If that's the case, Imma blow all my hard earned $$ on pimpin' by ride fo'sho'

I would welcome being able to purchase all of or close to all of the vehicles. We've all been in the situation where we get a certain car in our head that we we really want, and then you can't seem to be able to find one no matter how long you look. They could do it just like the old import/export' missions from VC ans SA, after you bring the car for export it becomes available for import. For more common vehicles in less demand, you could be able to unluck a 'group' of vehicles by importing just one from it's category, like delivery trucks for example. It's certainly better than cheating, and makes me wish there cheats in SA for the bandito and the hotknife.

• Like 1

I want this to be in V:

- Buy a siren and put them on every car you want. (If this will not come i want to be able to mod police cars.)

- Hire a stripper for a private dance in my house.

- if we cannot mod cars they should atleast give us the option to make the windows of your car bulletproof (I also want to lock my car from the inside so the police or annoying people on multyplayer cant get in.

- Buy toys like an RC plane with guns or bombs on it.

If you look in the new trailers, every character seems to have a different set of clothes.

In the scene where Franklin shoots the guy w/ the flashlight shotgun, you can see the "F" on his jacket.

Might be a hint for custom clothes (i.e. Binco).

If you look in the new trailers, every character seems to have a different set of clothes.

In the scene where Franklin shoots the guy w/ the flashlight shotgun, you can see the "F" on his jacket.

Might be a hint for custom clothes (i.e. Binco).

I noticed that too, pretty great.

GameInformer confirms: Buying new houses, investing in businesses, buying new clothes, haircuts, tattoos, car customization, and gun customization are all ways of spending your money in GTAV.

• Like 2

'Franklin, repo man that he is, will be able to access some good cars early on'

That's fucking awesome. Cara, got a link? I wonder how in-depth the tattoo customization will be. Can I make Trevor a Neo-Nazi?

You will have to estimate (not sure what the specific English word is) how much money you will use for the preparations and execution of a heist, which is absolutely fantastic. Makes you think how you spend your money wisely.