Samurai_tbag

Money (and things to buy with it)

If they added a theatre, it could be used to replay cutscenes from completed missions.

VCS had something like that.

I imagine the cutscenes in V will be something to see. Between laughs, action, and cinematics, we're in for a treat (that is, if the trailers are anything to estimate by).

In VCS you could watch the Phil Collins concert at the Hyman Stadium after you finished "In the Air Tonight". Quite a stretch to say that you could watch cutscenes from the story.

Although I remember in Saints Row 2 all you could watch on the TV was the cutscenes from the game. Maybe you were thinking of that.

VCS had something like that.

I imagine the cutscenes in V will be something to see. Between laughs, action, and cinematics, we're in for a treat (that is, if the trailers are anything to estimate by).

In VCS you could watch the Phil Collins concert at the Hyman Stadium after you finished "In the Air Tonight". Quite a stretch to say that you could watch cutscenes from the story.

At the Vice Point safehouse, there was an icon by the TV.

I think buying cars would be awesome and having the ability to customize them. Though, I do wish they had two different saving modes. When you save the game it saves what ever is in your garage. They should have a save for the game and a save for the garage. With this, you can save the game without losing your car if it's not in the garage. I think you should only be able to change the cars in the garage by saving them separately This would be great because you could use your car for missions and game play and when you save the game you know they will still be there for you.

if you could buy cars at dealerships they should not be obtainable any other way than just buying them and obviously be able to have it all the time so u don't have to continue to buy them.
  • Like 1

Money... We need money like in san Andreas and Vice city... Buying real estate and business must be in GTA 5. (Probably that will not happen but we/I wish)

The ability to buy for family has always been on my mind, like buying a car for you're son, but most of all cycling through the mall and stealing things would be cool

id like it if i could buy cars from dealerships and other ways to buy car.

i would like to buy cars in gta v . in gta iv i saw a car dealer near perseus but you couldnt do anything but steal the cars there also while on the computor you can find a little car dealer site with prices for each car . i hope you can use money towards this stuff :D

I'm predicting at some point in the story you will be faced with a major decision involving money. Maybe something similar to GTA IV's two different endings. But possibly something even more difficult. Something along the lines of either getting a big payout or spending all of your money to keep one of the main characters from being killed.

Rockstar has said that there is a "vibrant and fun" economy. They have also talked about the use of the in-game internet. I'm predicting that there will be "stuff" available to purchase through the internet. Maybe weapons, cars, phones, bikes, etc. I think car dealerships may come into play as well. I'm hoping there will be plenty of clothes customization which would lead to more clothing shops or websites. Perhaps an Ammu-Nation website? :D

Perhaps an Ammu-Nation website? :D

There was an Ammu-Nation website in GTA: Chinatown Wars where you could buy weapons and ammo, so it's totally plausible and would be pretty awesome as well.

Though I'd imagine the money would affect the relationships between the three protagonists in addition to what the player could buy with it. In the game informer article, there was a line about one of the advantages of multiple protags was that you would get to play as your own antagonist (or something like that). Anyway I'd imagine it would be similar to how Niko, Johnny, and Luis often found themselves on different sides of some confrontations like in the botched Museum deal in IV. With the heists in GTA V, it could be that one or two of the protags would get screwed out of some of the money by the other(s), possibly by the player's choice. It may seem unreasonable since they will be working together throughout most of the game, but I suspect that they are working together more out of necessity rather than volition (especially after Michael's sarcastic tone when introducing Franklin to Trevor in the second trailer).

• Like 3

I would like to buy:

- Weapons, with more variety than there was in GTA IV. Hopefully a choice of modifications, nothing too extreme just some small performance upgrades and the choice to duel wield or change/upgrade the scope of a sniper rifle

- Perhaps vehicles, though they would be destroyed/lost soon after I bought them (I know I'm careless) unless R* made them respawn in your garage which would be pretty cool

- Clothes, but I hope that looking through and changing your clothes isn't slow as fuck like in the past GTA's, and I hope for a lot more variety than what was in IV

- Fast food, for when you need to heal your gunshot wounds

- Drugs, not for consumption but perhaps to sell, it could be interesting

- Drinking

- Pizza delivery. Would be good if you could order over the phone, then when it arrives you could take it without paying :whistle:

- Buying phones, with a variety of shitty and good phones. Maybe we can go on the internet on them.

- .....Hookers, before I beat them to death to get back my money

Like some other people said, it would be cool if we could buy things on the internet, I remember you could buy ringtones and themes for your phone in IV but that was it. Would be cool to buy some guns on the internet and have a van deliver them to you.

• Like 3

Ability to purchase night vision/infrared scopes for rifles would make for some interesting multiplayer games.

E.g.: One person attempts to hide in a section of the countryside until dawn, armed only with a knife and whatever weapons he/she procures. First person to kill him/her will hide out the next night. If the "prey" survives to dawn, the hunt for the same person continues at dusk.

Landmines and such would be nice for a game like this...

• Like 4

Ability to purchase night vision/infrared scopes for rifles would make for some interesting multiplayer games.

E.g.: One person attempts to hide in a section of the countryside until dawn, armed only with a knife and whatever weapons he/she procures. First person to kill him/her will hide out the next night. If the "prey" survives to dawn, the hunt for the same person continues at dusk.

Landmines and such would be nice for a game like this...

Hopefully there is Infrared in the Multiplayer portion as well. In Battlefield 3 no one could escape my wrath when I was in my tank with infrared vision engaged ( along with the proximity scanner ). Can't wait to use it to dominate GTA V's Multiplayer and listen to all the whining about me cheating, alongside the fan/hate mail I get after dominating the other team single-handedly. :clap:

That is, if infrared-ready tanks are in Multiplayer. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. :D

Oh, the discussion. It would be nice to buy a tank with in-game money and flaunt it all over Beverly Hills as a status symbol.

I think the car modding scene in SA was probably one of the things i liked the most. I liked being able to spend my dolla' customising my rides ready for races. It's a bit of a dated thing modding your car in games these days, but i'd still like to have some decent off-road racing like in SA. Maybe there will be more than just paint jobs in this one.

Saints Row the Third had the right idea...

Also, Safehouse customisation fo' sho'.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but has anyone ever thought these two screens of the house could be different customisable upgrades, to make the house look how you want it? Rather than just a change of models... It's a possibility, but who knows... Might be an ability in GTA V.

po7qGIj.jpg

ymb529k.jpg

I think that would be pretty sweet. But what kinds of upgrades on the outside of the house? It might just be me but I don't see any real signifigant changes to the house in the two screens.

I think that would be pretty sweet. But what kinds of upgrades on the outside of the house? It might just be me but I don't see any real signifigant changes to the house in the two screens.

That's because it's the same house.

Also, Safehouse customisation

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but has anyone ever thought these two screens of the house could be different customisable upgrades, to make the house look how you want it? Rather than just a change of models... It's a possibility, but who knows... Might be an ability in GTA V.

It would be GREAT if you could customize your Safehouse, but I doubt Rockstar will include this option.

Plus the difference between the screenshot and the Trailer version of Michael's Mansion is probably down to Rockstar tweaking with it's appearance during the development process. It's not likely pointing towards customization. Even though my thoughts on the matter are ~The MORE Customization the better!!!

Drugs to resell, like in CTW. Using drugs would be pretty pointless in my opinion, might just be slightly fun like getting drunk in IV. However I love the idea of buying and selling drugs like in CTW, I built a fucking empire and became a millionaire coke-acid-heroic-ecstasy-weed-downer overlord.

Using drugs would be pretty pointless in my opinion, might just be slightly fun like getting drunk in IV.

I think there is a massive difference between Alcohol and other Drugs.

For instance Hallucinogenic drugs could entirely change GTA V's Sandbox into something totally different. Like a Nightmare world full of Demons/Zombies, or a Crazy Carnival world full of Evil Clowns and Serial Killers in Mascot Costumes. You could start seeing Creatures/People that aren't really there, and start chasing after them ( ie Bigfoot/ A Dragon/ Leatherface etc ), and start fighting them. And after a period of time the drug effects wear off, returning you to the normal GTA V World.

Or there could be Depressant Drugs which don't affect coordination like Alcohol does, but instead slow down everything else in the environment except you ( kind of like Slow Motion/ Bullet Time ).

Or Stimulants which increase the amount of damage you can take, and quicken your on foot movement/ melee attacks and weapon reloads for a limited time.

They could even turn drug use into how you find hidden pakages. For intsance there was a quest in The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim where you had to find 4 hidden books, but the only way you could find them was to cast a spell giving you an alternate vision of the world, which made the books visible.

Rockstar could turn this Game Mechanic into say, smoking a Chronic Blunt, which would then change your perspective of the world, making the Hidden Packages/Collectables visible in the environment. It could also effect coordination when navigating the environment in a car or on foot ( kind of like the Alcohol effect only less severe ).

• Like 2

That's because it's the same house.

yes. It's the same house but their are some minor differences. The bushes and tree's around the house are different.

I know it's the same house. That's why I was wondering what he meant. But that said safehouse upgrades, a la saints row, would be pretty cool.