TreeFitty

Server Upgrade

Hey guys,

I have been informed that the main part of the server upgrade will happen sometime in the next 24 hours. There may be some downtime for about 30 minutes. Hopefully it is the last time for a while. The site may still act weird for a little bit during the transition.

The new server will be about twice the specs of our current server that has been running these sites for 8 years - something we finally outgrew recently. We've come a long way since GTA-SanAndreas.com in both content and coverage of other games. iGTA5 has obviously proved to be very popular and it will continue to get more popular as we approach the release of Grand Theft Auto V.

On the downside, part of paying for the new server means a couple more ads. There will be an additional footer ad and guests will see ads in forum topics (you may have seen them on other forums right under the OP). These pay directly for the server as always.

Thanks and let's continue to make iGTA5 the best place for GTA V!

• Like 5

Didn't realize this place was still running on them old servers, fair play, they lasted a long time. RIP.

At least now after the transition they'll be no more crashes. :thumbup:

*bump*

I think everyone knows the lag we've been experiencing recently. In preparation for Tuesday, we have been moved to a faster server. A few other upgrades are in the works to make sure we're still afloat Tuesday morning too. Hopefully this actually lasts more than a year unlike the ^previous move^....

• Like 1

*bump*

I think everyone knows the lag we've been experiencing recently. In preparation for Tuesday, we have been moved to a faster server. A few other upgrades are in the works to make sure we're still afloat Tuesday morning too. Hopefully this actually lasts more than a year unlike the ^previous move^....

Great to hear mate!

I got a thing a few minutes back saying the site was under maintenance, and reloaded and it works perfectly now.

Sorry about that. I knew I should have slipped more than one in your drink.

Also, how confident are you in the new server's ability to handle the coming shitstorm, Fitty?

On top of the server things, the forums will also be upgraded tonight or very very soon. I think Psy stopped upgrading well over a year ago. There's a potential things could get a little messed up between the forums and the front pages but we'll see.