viniciussp4

New screen by "Xbox" on Facebook

On the first picture I think that line to the left on the horizon might just be the edge of the seabed map glitching out or something. Just a hunch but I never noticed it on any other shots, it should be visible from the observatory but isn't there.

I think I see the cranes on the docks in both pictures, the line is above those so it can't be the coast. I doubt it's anything too exciting anyway.

Ah maybe you're right. Could just be weird cloud formations in the distance?

A new image was posted by "Xbox" on Facebook, look:

Link: https://www.facebook...&type=1

I think this screenshot shows the scale of the city far better. Downtown looks much further away from this angle. The closer to the ground you are, the more accurate the city scale will seem, as it's the perspective we will be playing from most of the time.

Indeed, in this image from the trailer you can also get a sense of distance from the observatory to Downtown:

Vj4gV.jpg

Yeah there's not that many open shots from ground level yet, so everything looks small.

On the first picture I think that line to the left on the horizon might just be the edge of the seabed map glitching out or something. Just a hunch but I never noticed it on any other shots, it should be visible from the observatory but isn't there.

Actually I've changed my mind, could be part of a wall around the harbour like L.A. has.

I just assumed it was weather/cloud effect. but now that you mention it, it looks too solid.

The buildings in the picture aren't downtown but those slip roads head straight into the centre, it should be just off the right of the screen if my imaginary geography is correct.

They edited a few bits of that sequence together, so it's not all so near the bridge.

The left is Koreatown (Equitable Life building on the right) and towards other areas. One of the viewfinders with Venice Canals was looking at that stretch of road. Downtown is off to the right in the screencap above.

Fun fact: This interchange was at Michael's left shoulder in the first trailer when he was looking out at Downtown.

gta-5-trailer-1-looking-out-at-los-santos.jpg

Did anyone else try to compare these xbox screens to the ones that have been confirmed running on ps3? Curious what machine I should get it for. RDR looked better on xbox.

The attention to detail is really good in all of these pictures. Grime stains on the back of Vinewood signs... nice touch

I hope the flora remains entirely unchanged, because I don't give a shit about trees.

Why bother creating a vast, expansive world, populated by life-like inhabitants (human and animal) and enthralling, interesting protagonists, with a unique, innovative approach to storytelling, and then have something like shitty-looking trees?

Won't be a deal-breaker if trees are shitty, but it'd be a nice touch to make those as life-like as the rest of the in-game world, don'cha think?

I wouldn't even notice. I have never been playing a game, looked at a tree, and thought, That's a shitty-looking tree. This interferes with my enjoyment of this game.

So, meh. I'll let other people fret over the trees.

• Like 1

As I said, it won't be a deal- breaker , but it doesn't sound like something R* would do. You know, slave away on creating a vast, expansive world, populated by life-like inhabitants (human and animal) and enthralling, interesting protagonists, with a unique, innovative approach to storytelling, and then fuck up the flora. Sounds like an Activision move to me.

Did anyone else try to compare these xbox screens to the ones that have been confirmed running on ps3? Curious what machine I should get it for. RDR looked better on xbox.

The attention to detail is really good in all of these pictures. Grime stains on the back of Vinewood signs... nice touch

trevorvinewood.jpg

63100_10151290472991023_1392201341_n.jpg

Is it just me or is there two different amphitheatres beside each other below the Vinewood sign?

trevorvinewood.jpg

63100_10151290472991023_1392201341_n.jpg

Is it just me or is there two different amphitheatres beside each other below the Vinewood sign?

Yeah... Looks like there's two...