Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

GTA Hawaii 5.0

Guest God

GTA_Hawaii_5.0_Draft1.jpg

I like the idea of a Hawaii setting now - imagine the anticipation of wanting to unlock the next island, maybe start off in the north west and eventually unlock the big island.

Guest God

All my idea. Mine! BOW DOWN TO ME!!!

what's with "5.0"? nevermind. I get it. Whoever made it expects the DLC's to be 5.1 5.2 etc I guess.

Yep it was all your idea and you are correct about the DLC thing - well done *claps*.

Hawaii would be the shit wouldn't it!!

Hawaii would be good, the only downside is that the second they announced it was taking place in Hawaii, the forums would be flooded with "OMG i want shraks adn be abel 2 surf!!!1!111eleven!" And things of that nature.

Guest God

Hawaii would be good, the only downside is that the second they announced it was taking place in Hawaii, the forums would be flooded with "OMG i want shraks adn be abel 2 surf!!!1!111eleven!" And things of that nature.

And "I wanna go bounty hunting just like Dog and his fat bird!" - Or "How many miles square is the map?" and "How big is it compared to San Andreas?" < Always a popular one.

Don't get my hopes up and then dash them against some pointy and unfriendly looking rocks. As much as I like the sound of it I know it'll never happen, so I refuse to get excited. The wait for real info shouldn't be too long now, a month or two hopefully. (I think we'll have GTA V info before Agent info somehow.)

Well, Hawaii only has the 43rd highest number of murders as of 2009. Louisiana was the highest as of 2009, so if we're going solely on murders, then New Orleans is the way to go. As far as crime in general, Nevada was the highest last year, so that's Las Vegas/Las Venturas. Hawaii's crime mostly consists of tourists getting mugged.

Having Hawaii as GTA V's setting would be more about having the game take place in an interesting city than having it take place in a city with tons of crime. For example, St. Louis, Missouri was the most dangerous city in America last year, but it wouldn't be a good GTA setting because the city itself is boring as shit. They've got one notable landmark, and even that one sucks.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, but, yeah...

As much as i like the idea. GTA is city orientated. SA was the most outlandish of the bunch. But the same use of storytelling that resonates in all of GTA games is the use of a new protagonist in a big city with loads of gang contacts in different walks of life. The idea of using large or capital cities means you have the largest selection of ethnic gang cultures to get involved with.

I don't see there being much diversity in the gangs of Hawaii in terms of ethnicity and culture.

I don't see there being much diversity in the gangs of Hawaii in terms of ethnicity and culture.

There isn't. Yakuza, couple of outlaw motorcycle clubs, and a bunch of identical native gangs.

Im from n.o. I just dont want them to make my city look stupid

They never make cities look stupid. They make fun of the vast amount of idiots and scumbags (every city's got 'em) and leave normal people alone. I mean, they didn't make NYC or Miami or LA look stupid, they just made fun of the assholes in the city.

New Orleans would make a great setting, although, between the voodoo practitioners and alleged inbred swamp people, it might not work so well with R*'s sudden hard-on for realism.

A Hawaii style chain of islands is a pretty cool idea, I always enjoyed the boats in GTA but they seemed kind of pointless - really slow and shit to control.

Bring back the hovercraft from S.A add a few jetskis/windsurfers/scuba missions and it could work.

There could be a good drug running storyline as well.

And who doesn't miss taking a Baja on the beach and running people over?!

Guest God

I actually like the idea of Hawaii because boats would have to play a big part. I like sniping people onland from way out in the sea, just within range then going off to find another spot to cap some more unwitting passers by.