In the demo of the game there is a mission that you have to rappel down a building (FIB) and that you can see the inside of the building.

Is this also for other buildings? Maybe you can get in every building (big ones)

IGN said "airport security" so this means an interior of the airport building.

I think all the big buildings have an interior so you can get in those buildings.

I don't think that there will be interiors for small houses. But I hope te cab interior is better looking then IV's

post-12272-0-81721800-1352893632_thumb.j

post-12272-0-75312300-1352893643_thumb.j

I imagine it'll be limited to buildings they know are going to be seen such as ones that make an appearance in missions, or ground level shops as has already been mentioned by GI.

• Like 1

I think window interiors of floors you don't actually visit like in the FIB building will be mission only, like the hotel windows in that one Mafia II mission.

First-Look-Mafia-II----The-Sleeper-Hit-Of-2009.jpg

I think making the interiors of major skyscrapers just for the heck of it would be a waste of disk space...who cares to look around some random office?

That said I think there will be tons more mission specific interiors this time around...and if we're really lucky we'll be able to go inside all those places off mission too. :)

I highly doubt it's for every building, making every skyscraper enterable through the windows would be wayyy to much to handle.

IGN said, that you have to get past airport security to get a plane, so there is an interior for the airport.

I'm thinking that its more along the lines of outside security blocking you from getting planes personally.

• Like 3

IGN said, that you have to get past airport security to get a plane, so there is an interior for the airport.

I'm thinking that its more along the lines of outside security blocking you from getting planes personally.

San Andreas style?

San Andreas style?

And IV style too. Airport security was there, it'll just be much more interesting / realistic in V.

San Andreas style?

Sorta yes.

Physical blocks to entering the airport, plus cops/security like in IV. That said I do want some airport interiors! It'd make a great mission location for something like a GTA Lufthansa heist.

• Like 2

They said it will be hard to get trough the security early in the game,

Maybe later in the game you get a pilot license or a cop uniform?

Or you can buy a private jet and then you can fly it yourself.

Trevor is an ex millitairy pilot.

• Like 1

On the topic of interiors, maybe there will be a lot of interiors that are unavailable (locked) at the beginning but are unlocked as we progress through the game. That would give Rockstar the ability to build in the familiar progression mechanism to the game, without explicitly restricting the map itself. A locked door seems a lot more natural than having several bridges closed down for days and days of in-game time due to suspicion of terrorist activity.

• Like 2

A lot of people moaned about the lack of interiors in GTA IV, I thought it had a decent amount. Law Firm, Museum, Bank of Liberty, Subway System, to name a few. Plus there were a lot of random apartment blocks, flats, and houses that you could enter around Liberty City - most of them having no mission relation. One thing I did notice is that for whatever reason they never included Grand Central station, although if you go to the doors, you can see that they were intended to open, and if you remember, it was featured in the first trailer.

So as long as V has the same amount of interiors as IV did, relative to size minus the country side, I would be more than happy. I guess around twice as many interiors as IV. One thing I would like them to do though, is vary the interiors a bit more. In IV you could be in any of a hundred flats and you would have no idea which one it was from the inside. Also, interiors with escape routes are important, places where you can hold up a rampage, and then break out some back door or something.

• Like 1

One thing I did notice is that for whatever reason they never included Grand Central station, although if you go to the doors, you can see that they were intended to open, and if you remember, it was featured in the first trailer.

Actually the stained glass dome isn't from Grand Easton Station....if you go up on the roof of the building you'll see that there is no dome and none of the buildings seen through the dome are anywhere near Midtown Algonquin.

The glass dome is actually from the bank you rob in Chinatown. You can tell from the fact that you can see 40 Wall St. through the glass (in red). You can also see One New York Plaza from the glass as well (in green).

66527829zh5.png

If you fly out and land on top of the bank you'll see the stained glass dome and the two skyscrapers as seen through it.

One thing I did notice is that for whatever reason they never included Grand Central station, although if you go to the doors, you can see that they were intended to open, and if you remember, it was featured in the first trailer.

Actually the stained glass dome isn't from Grand Easton Station....if you go up on the roof of the building you'll see that there is no dome and none of the buildings seen through the dome are anywhere near Midtown Algonquin.

The glass dome is actually from the bank you rob in Chinatown. You can tell from the fact that you can see 40 Wall St. through the glass (in red). You can also see One New York Plaza from the glass as well (in green).

If you fly out and land on top of the bank you'll see the stained glass dome and the two skyscrapers as seen through it.

I stand corrected. None the less, you can still check out the doors at Grand Easton, they look odd.

I hope we can rob shops like we could in Vice City it was always fun to get some spare money and lose the cops

yea. and i hope they do what they did in mafia 2 with it, where you hold the gun to the cashier and proceed to walk to the register to rob the place, and when you walk out you hear the alarm, but get no stars, because the police have to talk with the cashier first. and if you walk by the cashier yells "there he is" then you get the stars, or if you kill the cashier you come back and the store has caution tape on the door. that would be cool.

• Like 5

i think 4 had a great amount of interiors. I hope they add more interiors to the rest of the countryside as well. but like i read somewhere else in this forum, i think they need to vary the interiors. that goes for types of places they are in and the interior itself. but if we get like 2 times or more the interiors of 4 ill be simply amazed

I've put together a list of the interiors that I've spotted in trailers and screenshots so far....

Confirmed

Jewelry Store (Mission at least)

Michael's mansion

Bank with vault (Mission at least)

Country Bar? (Cutscene)

IAA Building (Mission at least)

Therapist/Beach House? (Cutscene or mission?)

Country Home (mission at least)

FIB Building?

Clothing shops (mentioned in previews)

Franklin's/Franklin's GF's Home? (Cutscene at least?)

Unconfirmed

Tequi-la-la? (Entrance seen in trailer 1)

Wigwam Burger? (Seen in BG of trailer 2)

Observatory interior? (Why not?)