Jay

European Preview Discussion [New Screenshots 12.11.2012]

i thought they were abseiling onto that building ? have i got confused lol

The mission is for the FIB. They're taking someone from the IAA (CIA) building.

That's where I was getting confused between the screenshots. Michael is definitely crashing the FIB building (California Plaza).

Unless the IAA is the second tower....

which just makes things even weirder that they are right next to each other... and stealing people from each other...

Kind of hoping Game Informer is wrong, just because they've been such bitches the last couple days, but this mission sounds like it's kind of early in the game, and if Michael is going to turn on the people who paid for his mansion, I don't think he'd do it so early on. Also, I'm not sure why he would do a job for the IAA when he's in the FIB's pocket. We'll see.

Forgot about this other screen. Looks like the other tower says IAA. Not as motivated as Fitty, so I'm not going to make a diagram explaining the angles, just going to leave this here for reference purposes.

trevorskydiving.jpg

what does it mean by "First time ever, scored soundtrack during missions. Radio as always while off mission"??

You ever played a game where certain music plays when you're about to enter combat, or while trying to be stealthy, or whatever? It builds tension, or excitement, or whatever you're meant to be feeling at that point in the game. It's another tool Rockstar is using to make their game more cinematic and more immersive.

Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption both did it, if I remember correctly.

You ever played a game where certain music plays when you're about to enter combat, or while trying to be stealthy, or whatever? It builds tension, or excitement, or whatever you're meant to be feeling at that point in the game. It's another tool Rockstar is using to make their game more cinematic and more immersive.

Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption both did it, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I actually thought it worked well in RDR, because it added to the "Western" and Mexican feel sometimes. Wonder how it will turn out in V, probably good.

Yeah, it was pretty epic walking around the Mexican deserts under a royal night sky of a million stars, taking in the majestic mountains, mesas, flora, and wildlife and then all of a sudden hearing a staccato trumpet riff.

*DIT-DITTA-DITTA-DITTA-DA-LEEE*

Scares the shit out of you when you first hear it.

ooohh ok, thats what i was persuming it was, just wanted to make sure tho. honestly id rather have the option of turning it on and off. but i do think they need some serious effort in the radio department too

@Gunsmith: Getting into Mexico the first time riding towards your first objective with that one-off full song was simply epic... :)

And I don't think the radio stations are something to worry about as long as we still have Lazlow as a co-writer on board, but I do admit that it was a bit less satisfying in IV.

Call me old-fashioned, but besides from the music, the radio dialogue and topics were simply perfect in Vice City. Ofcourse they hadn't any Tv shows yet they had to focus on aswell back then.

But when reading that 'Radar Love' is gonna be playing on our radios, I can't do anything but be excited of what we'll be hearing over the airwaves!

I'm very curious as how they're gonna mix this with the mission based musical score though... Read that they're still figuring that out a bit now?

i cant wait to fly a plane hella high over the ocean and jump out to skydive into water. i wonder if since they are focusing on realism if you will die from the impact of the water. that would suck if they did that because diving is hella fun

they still better put alot of effort into the radio tho....

i do think they need some serious effort in the radio department too

There hasn't been any good music in about 15 years, so expect a sub-par soundtrack.