GeneticallySuperior

Security Cameras and What That Could Mean For Gameplay?

Can someone publish some Cliff's Notes for this?

@GeneticallySuperior, maybe consider starting a blog and posting links to it instead of gumming up the thread? I'm just spitballing here...

Edited by MrMister81

Hi, I live up to my username.

What great observations you're making. Reading what you've written, I can only hope that everything detailed will come true.

Just like caracter customisation and poperty, which we tought that they would not exist, the cameras might be introduced towards the latest phases of developement and not play a major role.

And about them bringing police earlier, while having fun (killing everyone), maybe there is going to be a cheat...

im sorry if GeneticallySuperior said any of these in any of his novels, but im writing from my phone and i dont have the patience to read...

@Brucie

I gotta hand it to you for putting forth as much effort as you did, but I feel like the cameras are just...there. I don't believe that they'll serve a purpose.

I do feel like there will be significant changes to the wanted system though (possibly the bandana concept that you mentioned).

Really? Even after multiple magazines went into detail that heists will require careful planning, you think cameras are decorative set-pieces?

I'm not ruling anything out by any means. I suppose that in most situations, it would play a role in avoiding detection during hiests. I can definitely see that.

I guess I was more referring to really in depth manhunts regarding the idea of peds capturing pics and vids with their ifruits and such.

A police officer "recognizing you" after an in-game day and all of a sudden you have a wanted level? I guess I just dont see it getting that in depth.

Crazy long read, fuckin good effort. I think its more likely then plausable. With the npc's now photographing interesting things and crime. And being able to take and upload pictures we take ourselves. Why not slightly expand upon the camera system on the phone a little and have surveilence cameras operating? Oh and the carefully planned heists... so probable in my opinion (Y):D

Character customization could be more than just aesthetic, maybe you can change clothes and haircut to lower police awareness of you, since you'll no longer match the description or video still from a security cam.

• Like 1

Character customization could be more than just aesthetic, maybe you can change clothes and haircut to lower police awareness of you, since you'll no longer match the description or video still from a security cam.

thats how it was in VC if i remember right, I always would start shit in the mall and then go grab the Zip outfit.

Guys, I applaud everyone for powering through that post earlier...sometimes I get carried away. Oh...Pee-Wee was definitely on my mind when I wrote 'exhibit A'...Francis is still all about that damn bike...I kept trying to convince him that playing Godzilla in his ridiculous pool was more fun, but he wouldn't listen....

Anyways. I wanted to return to touch up on where I was going with the whole 'criminal identity' thing.

Okay, so, I live in New Orleans and several of our billboards, in an effort to catch criminals at large, will list several different wanted suspects. Just in case anybody lives in a small, non-violent, town I'm going to pull up a picture:

post-14257-0-69348000-1367686064.jpg

So, of course, these billboards help stop criminals. Plain and simple, you see one of these guys, you call the numbers. Sometimes there is a reward, but most of the time there is no real reward. Either way, anytime I see these billboards I'm reminded of this:

post-14257-0-05163600-1367686113.jpg

I can't help myself, they are modern day wanted posters. Now, take a look at what I found in Franklin's trailer:

post-14257-0-20774200-1367686090_thumb.j

Do you see it? Here it is again zoomed in:

post-14257-0-43819200-1367686100.jpg

Looks pretty identical, in theme anyways, huh?

Okay...now, for my point, and I'm going to make this quick, easy, and simple. As far as a criminal identity, I'm going to detail it like this, and this is just an example of how it COULD work. Now this theory is only valid if the player commits crimes WITHOUT concealing their face, AND ON FOOT (THIS IS IMPORTANT, I'LL GET TO IT LATER):

Level 1 notoriety - Players recognize a few wanted signs (which were in-game photos take from where players comitted the crime) - Other criminals recognize you

Level 2 notoriety - Aside from wanted signs, a few radio bulletins are heard on the lower budget radio stations - Small percentage of peds recognize you and notify the police

Level 3 notoriety - Getting into warmer territory here, player's picture starts to show up on billboards all over Los Santos - Most peds will recognize you and notify the police

Level 4 notoriety - Short clips of the player's major crime starts to show up on commercials in between TV programs, major radio stations will remind listeners about the player's identity, internet ads will have pics of the players, etc. - Almost everybody will recognize the player and notify the cops.

Level 5 notoriety - This will be PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER 1 stuff. I have a feeling that the highest notoriety level will be some kind of epic in-game challenge, so only players who are deliberately wanting to increase their notoriety will get to this level.

Okay, again, this is just an example of how it might work, if the players perform crimes in broad daylight, without a mask, and leaves witnesses. Over time the player's notoriety level will increase, which makes it more difficult for, let's say Trevor to walk around Los Santos without sunglasses on or a hat or some combination. Either way, expect some kind of notoriety leveling system, because if there was not one, Rockstar would not have made it such a huge deal to mention that Trevor, Franklin, and Michael had to aquire masks for the job...or that every screen or clip (from the trailers or of screenshots) of the trio performing major crimes, their faces are concealed. Criminal identies will be a tremendous deal for GTA V and will completely make players think a little bit smarter before stealing that random car with tons of people around.

Another thought: what do you think happens if cops bust you WITH A MASK ON?

Quickly:

Pee-Wee thing....hilarious...

• Like 1