Sign in to follow this  
Handsome B Wonderful

Bully/Canis Canem Edit

Just thought I'd start a topic celebrating a game, that in my opinion, is the best non-GTA R* game so far. I know, big call. Has anyone played this recently? I'm thinking of dusting off my PS2 to give it another go.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzh1KzXbZhY

bully_1.jpg

Bully_1_550x385.jpg

lol, a preppy black kid.

I blame Jack Thompson for this game not being as big as it should have been. It's a pity there hasn't been anything more than rumours about a possible sequel.

Also, I can't for the life of me find this on the 360. I think there was a recall or something in Australia for the 360 version, but no overseas sites I use stock it either. I heard the scholarship edition was pretty glitchy.

I really enjoyed this game. It was good but i wouldn't consider it the best non GTA R* title. Red Dead Redemption is way better. But The mechanics and side missions are what made this game a classic Rockstar Game.

• Like 1

I enjoyed this game on both the PS2 and then again on the 360 for the achievements. One of the best parts of the 360 game were the biology class dissections.

I've all but 100%'d the game, I'm somewhere in the 80% mark. There are a shitfuckton of collectibles standing between me and the 100%. Perhaps I'll try to get it back one day. I'd like to have that in my list of 1000/1000 games.

i would love to see this remade in HD with full trophy support... if they aren't planning on making another bully, then it wouldn't hurt to re-release it... it was a critical success, people loved it...

i don't think i ever beat it... i got into the final act, but never managed to beat it... i think i was stuck on some fort thing...

i would love to see this remade in HD with full trophy support... if they aren't planning on making another bully, then it wouldn't hurt to re-release it... it was a critical success, people loved it...

i don't think i ever beat it... i got into the final act, but never managed to beat it... i think i was stuck on some fort thing...

You know what, I think I never completed it either to be honest. I'm not sure, but I think I got The Warriors just after this and ended up playing that more towards the end of this game. It's a shame really, I'd love to replay it now but I sold it when I bought my PS3.

The only Rockstar game I still play. Hate GTA IV and all the games that have come since. the only game I've ever been compelled the 100% six times (I guess im the Synch of Bully)

I remember back around Year 8/9 I used to take sick days off so I could play it. Needless to say I got good enough I could beat the game in less than 7 hours. I still need to get it for PC and get some mods and I'm pumped as shit for a sequal that IIRC the soundtrack guy confirmed was in development.

Bully was a very good way for R* to prove that they can make a great game in any setting. I loved Bully because it was the first game that really allowed me to pinch a girls ass and then ask for an apology, then make out with her. Also: stuffing people in trash cans.

I blame Jack Thompson for this game not being as big as it should have been. It's a pity there hasn't been anything more than rumours about a possible sequel.

I think there was something about Shawn Lee (composed the games soundtrack) accidentally confirming he was summoned to make more music.

I think there was something about Shawn Lee (composed the games soundtrack) accidentally confirming he was summoned to make more music.

Sounds interesting.

I just picked up the scholarship edition on PC for $8 last week, and it's as good as I remember. It makes me think what a sequel, using today's systems and a vastly expanded game world, would be like.

icon11.gif

I just pondered about another one. I bet we will hear about one next year, and maybe a 2013 release. I read somewhere they wherent doing one because of max payne 3. And obviously gta V, but max comes in march or something, so I bet it will at least be announced soon.

I hope so, as everyone has said it was a great game and annoyed me that they changed the name. I liked riding my bike through town and waking up in my dorm to find it to be halloween or something. They shud do that in gta incorporate seasons and hoildays, that would be cool to see peoples xmas lights or halloween pumpkins out.

Im buzzing for a sequel if there is one. I wonder if they will use the same MC etc. I guess we have a while to speculate. So u think its something they would announce as an E3?

I have this on Xbox 360 in Australia (two copies, actually), and yes, it is glitchy. There's a part in the middle of the game that you can't get past without a patch, and even with it, some of the game has some large glitches.

I do really like Bully, but I don't like it more than any other Rockstar title. For me, there are too many fetch-quest missions, and there seems to be more side-missions than story missions, and Jimmy Hopkins is pretty unlike-able for a lot of the game. And I've never seen so many LOADING screens in a Rockstar game before!

But there is a lot of fun to be had in the game, and it does take a fair while to beat.

Orphan Fingerbang, just ask EB Games or something to order it in from stock HQ. I've done that with a lot of older games that I've needed to replace lately.

I have this on Xbox 360 in Australia (two copies, actually), and yes, it is glitchy. There's a part in the middle of the game that you can't get past without a patch, and even with it, some of the game has some large glitches.

I do really like Bully, but I don't like it more than any other Rockstar title. For me, there are too many fetch-quest missions, and there seems to be more side-missions than story missions, and Jimmy Hopkins is pretty unlike-able for a lot of the game. And I've never seen so many LOADING screens in a Rockstar game before!

But there is a lot of fun to be had in the game, and it does take a fair while to beat.

Orphan Fingerbang, just ask EB Games or something to order it in from stock HQ. I've done that with a lot of older games that I've needed to replace lately.

Make sure you have it updated.

The game was horrific at release. Constant freezes and an update that fixed it made it WORSE. They patched it again and it was okay after that (but still with a few glitches). I bought it release day after playing it on PS2 a lot and was disgusted with what I received. This was basically the start of Rockstar's poor track record with ports (GTA IV is another victim ¬.¬). See, the game is basically the Xbox (the first one)'s version of Bully. Which was already a port of the PS2 version, albeit with better textures, graphics and it ran slightly faster.

Oh and "beat" is a subjective term. If you mean the story mode I can do it in a couple of hours.

Canis Canem Edit is glitchy, I bought it for PC and couldn't get past a few loading screens but it's sorted out now.

It's a great game but feels kinda clunky on PC.

The only Rockstar game I still play. Hate GTA IV and all the games that have come since. the only game I've ever been compelled the 100% six times (I guess im the Synch of Bully)

I remember back around Year 8/9 I used to take sick days off so I could play it. Needless to say I got good enough I could beat the game in less than 7 hours. I still need to get it for PC and get some mods and I'm pumped as shit for a sequal that IIRC the soundtrack guy confirmed was in development.

You hate Red Dead Redemption?

You monster.

You monster.

Indifferent. Never played it thoroughly.

You monster.

Just curious but what didn't you like about it?

You monster.

Just curious but what didn't you like about it?

I can't judge, I've never played it throroughly

If they do a sequel, It should not take place in College. It would be too much like GTA if that happened. If should be a new protagonist with a completely different school. Maybe a So-Cal type boarding school.