I have a movie called the set up where three guys one black like in GTA plan a detailed heist one of the turns on the other and all I could think was GTA 5. Haven't watched it yet but read the back.

Anyone else think it's slightly odd that none of the protags have surnames yet? Also, if Michael is in WP, I wonder what his previous ID was.

You are right. Are we going to have any surprise on that?

I'd assume there will be multiple storyline branches to take during the course of the game, perhaps depending on which characters we favour. If you play as Trevor a lot then one of the other two would no doubt become the antagonist, if you play all three equally it might give a completely different outcome later in game.

Trailer #2 is out and now they have a lot more information that we take in and analysis from the release of this new trailer we can now predict more of what to expect in GTAV when it comes out.

We already know that Trevor has used a gas can to light a truck on fire from the Game Informer cover article. Now that Trailer #2 is out, we saw that Trevor is also using more fire to cause havoc by throwing a Molotov and the next scene a house blowing up. Now, from my understanding a molotov can't blow up a house like that without a fuel already in the house. perhaps he doused the house in gasoline before throwing the molotov in?

In another scene we also saw a Rottweiler running in front of a car power sliding and also the same dog (I assume) jumping over the hood of a car. I am presuming this is "Chop", the dog Franklin has on a chain on one of the sides of the pre-order posters. So perhaps this dog showed in the trailer might be Franklins dog, Chop since they are both Rottweilers. This is just an assumption and my guess.

Now with these two pieces of info, maybe each character has their own special abilities. Trevor has the ability to use a gas can to cause arson and ignite property, areas (forest fires perhaps, which was announced I believed) and also people.

And Franklin can use Chop as a weapon, maybe he uses Chop as protection or something to that sort.

So if your playing as Trevor you can cycle through his inventory or open up an option to use his special ability and pull out a gas can and dose things and then ignite them. And if you're playing as Franklin, you can choose an option to call Chop or "activate him" and maybe he follows Franklin around protecting him. So if someone attacks Franklin, Chop comes to his defense and attacks the attacker. Or maybe you can target pedestrians, or enemies and have Chop attack them.

I still don't know what Michaels possible special ability is, I haven't seen any connection with him between anything that can lead to a special ability.

What do you guys think? Do you think this is possible? if so, what do you think Michaels special ability will be?

• Like 1

Trailer #2 is out and now they have a lot more information that we take in and analysis from the release of this new trailer we can now predict more of what to expect in GTAV when it comes out.

We already know that Trevor has used a gas can to light a truck on fire from the Game Informer cover article. Now that Trailer #2 is out, we saw that Trevor is also using more fire to cause havoc by throwing a Molotov and the next scene a house blowing up. Now, from my understanding a molotov can't blow up a house like that without a fuel already in the house. perhaps he doused the house in gasoline before throwing the molotov in?

In another scene we also saw a Rottweiler running in front of a car power sliding and also the same dog (I assume) jumping over the hood of a car. I am presuming this is "Chop", the dog Franklin has on a chain on one of the sides of the pre-order posters. So perhaps this dog showed in the trailer might be Franklins dog, Chop since they are both Rottweilers. This is just an assumption and my guess.

Now with these two pieces of info, maybe each character has their own special abilities. Trevor has the ability to use a gas can to cause arson and ignite property, areas (forest fires perhaps, which was announced I believed) and also people.

And Franklin can use Chop as a weapon, maybe he uses Chop as protection or something to that sort.

So if your playing as Trevor you can cycle through his inventory or open up an option to use his special ability and pull out a gas can and dose things and then ignite them. And if you're playing as Franklin, you can choose an option to call Chop or "activate him" and maybe he follows Franklin around protecting him. So if someone attacks Franklin, Chop comes to his defense and attacks the attacker. Or maybe you can target pedestrians, or enemies and have Chop attack them.

I still don't know what Michaels possible special ability is, I haven't seen any connection with him between anything that can lead to a special ability.

What do you guys think? Do you think this is possible? if so, what do you think Michaels special ability will be?

Nice ideas! Remember Houser saying a character will return from the IV ERA? I reckon that whoever that is will have worked with Michael in the past, but also (with Michael being a retired bank robber) he has a little crew he could call???

• Like 1

Nice ideas! Remember Houser saying a character will return from the IV ERA? I reckon that whoever that is will have worked with Michael in the past, but also (with Michael being a retired bank robber) he has a little crew he could call???

Thats what I had in mind too. Michael did score in the criminal life and ended out up top with lots of cash, unlike Trevor who ended up completely in the wrong direction. And they've stated that Trevor and Michael worked together, so I'm guessing Michael has more connections with other people from his past life other than just Trevor that he could call up. In the 1st trailer, Michael said he moved out here (west coast) to retire. So I'm guessing he isn't from the west and maybe from the other side like Liberty City? And yes, like what Houser said someone will return from the IV game. Maybe Michael has a connection with either the Russian Mafia or one of the crime families from Liberty City and IV.

Even more interesting, perhaps he has a connection with Packie McReary. I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but do you remember in the credits at the end of BoGT it shows Packie getting out of taxi at the airport. and the very last scene in the credits shows a passenger jet taking off. Maybe Packie headed to San Andreas and Los Santos like what Michael did and maybe he will be the one that shows up in V from IV. Maybe he helps out during a heist.

And Franklin can use Chop as a weapon, maybe he uses Chop as protection or something to that sort

wonder what would happen if Chop dies, assuming you can kill animals. If hes important story-wise, you will probably just get a mission failed.i doubt you will see "Chop" outside of a mission.

I know R said that you can't influence your muscle and fat, but given that you can do Yoga and theres all these shots of exercising, maybe you can work out. Maybe increasing your stamina and strength or something? Just not changing your body look.

Does anyone else feel that by sticking to one character youd be missing out on what others were saying and doing? I hate missing stuff, even dialog.

After trailer two,I think Franklin looks like most fun though. Young, nice home, car hook up.

I'm kind of concerned that by favouring a certain character, we may be taken along a different story branch. This is great for multiple play-throughs, but I'm much a completionist, I like to try and do everything in the first playthrouth on GTA.... maybe it's a sort of on ocd. 100% syndrome!

• Like 2

I know R said that you can't influence your muscle and fat, but given that you can do Yoga and theres all these shots of exercising, maybe you can work out. Maybe increasing your stamina and strength or something? Just not changing your body look.

They said "No RPG elements (fat/muscle) but you can change clothing like GTA IV so I'm pretty sure that means Stamina and Strength, I might be wrong

I'm kind of concerned that by favouring a certain character, we may be taken along a different story branch. This is great for multiple play-throughs, but I'm much a completionist, I like to try and do everything in the first playthrouth on GTA.... maybe it's a sort of on ocd. 100% syndrome!

IV had a few areas where the story branched, I wouldn't be surprised to see that expanded upon quite a bit in V.

sounds like you are gonna have to play through it a couple of times, because rockstar said that the game will unfold based on the decisions you make with each character.

Thats what I had in mind too. Michael did score in the criminal life and ended out up top with lots of cash, unlike Trevor who ended up completely in the wrong direction. And they've stated that Trevor and Michael worked together, so I'm guessing Michael has more connections with other people from his past life other than just Trevor that he could call up. In the 1st trailer, Michael said he moved out here (west coast) to retire. So I'm guessing he isn't from the west and maybe from the other side like Liberty City? And yes, like what Houser said someone will return from the IV game. Maybe Michael has a connection with either the Russian Mafia or one of the crime families from Liberty City and IV.

Even more interesting, perhaps he has a connection with Packie McReary. I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but do you remember in the credits at the end of BoGT it shows Packie getting out of taxi at the airport. and the very last scene in the credits shows a passenger jet taking off. Maybe Packie headed to San Andreas and Los Santos like what Michael did and maybe he will be the one that shows up in V from IV. Maybe he helps out during a heist.

Remember Micheal is suppose to be in witness protection, so he cant just go and start back communicating with former criminal associates. Maybe that plays into the story, Micheal has to walk a tightrope so he doesnt jeopardize his witness protection. I hope the storyline or maybe some side missions reveal some info about Micheal's past and how he got hs deal.

Remember Micheal is suppose to be in witness protection, so he cant just go and start back communicating with former criminal associates. Maybe that plays into the story, Micheal has to walk a tightrope so he doesnt jeopardize his witness protection.

Wasn't "one more job" mentioned ?

Wondered about Michael myself. FIB monitoring, etc.

Still sticking with Trevor for now, early flight ability in the game.

I don't care how old these guys are, it's still GTA.

Early flight ability sounds like a great feature.

One thing I remember from TLAD, the star, Johnny, was much heavier than Niko. (Running, jumping)

Maybe age and weight will also be a factor for, or against, the characters' abilities.

Anyone else think it's slightly odd that none of the protags have surnames yet? Also, if Michael is in WP, I wonder what his previous ID was.

I wonder how he got his deal and where is originally from. In WP you get relocated. Also did he snitch? if so, then who or what organization did he rat on? Why did he snitch? It'll be cool if during the game we find out there is a price on his head and you have to decide if you stick by him or turn on him.